Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by YUJAM »

I watched the same game Chief. Other than the first 15 mins or so which Liverpool dominated when Atleti tried to play on the counter, Pool were put to the sword for the rest of the half. They were exposed time and time again in several ways.

The second half was shaping up the same way until Griezman was sent off
txj wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:17 am
YUJAM wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:32 am
txj wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 pm what a disgrace Atleti and Simeone are to football.

I understand being competitive but this level of shithousery just takes the cake...
Liverpool was thoroughly outplayed by Atleti up to the point Griezman got a red card.

I think Atleti found a weakness in Liverpool's tactics and this should be of significant concern to Klopp

The win was rather fortunate and folks should not overlook the issues it raised about Pool's vulnerability at the back

Not sure what game you watched. I know you are a La Liga fan, but common...

Liverpool bossed the first part of the game and deservedly went into a two goal lead, and then lost focus and a resurgent atleti made them pay, and frankly should've ended the half ahead.

2HF, LFC reshaped with Fabinho on for Keita and started to cover the gaps in MF. Two saves from Oblak denied liverpool a go ahead goal and on the other side Allison denied Carrasco.

Then came the red card and the game turned in favor of 'pool until the end...
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:20 am I watched the same game Chief. Other than the first 15 mins or so which Liverpool dominated when Atleti tried to play on the counter, Pool were put to the sword for the rest of the half. They were exposed time and time again in several ways.

The second half was shaping up the same way until Griezman was sent off
txj wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:17 am
YUJAM wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:32 am
txj wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:37 pm what a disgrace Atleti and Simeone are to football.

I understand being competitive but this level of shithousery just takes the cake...
Liverpool was thoroughly outplayed by Atleti up to the point Griezman got a red card.

I think Atleti found a weakness in Liverpool's tactics and this should be of significant concern to Klopp

The win was rather fortunate and folks should not overlook the issues it raised about Pool's vulnerability at the back

Not sure what game you watched. I know you are a La Liga fan, but common...

Liverpool bossed the first part of the game and deservedly went into a two goal lead, and then lost focus and a resurgent atleti made them pay, and frankly should've ended the half ahead.

2HF, LFC reshaped with Fabinho on for Keita and started to cover the gaps in MF. Two saves from Oblak denied liverpool a go ahead goal and on the other side Allison denied Carrasco.

Then came the red card and the game turned in favor of 'pool until the end...

Like I said, Liverpool lost focus after the 2nd goal and Atleti came into the game from about the 17min and dominated the rest of the half.

Griezman was sent off in the 52nd minute.

Before that Liverpool came close twice with saves from Oblak on Mane and Hendo, then a missed shot by Robertson; and Atleti once thru Carasco.

The idea that Atleti dominated the entire game or that LFC was fortunate to win, is simply laughable.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool always find a way to mess up against Manu,Please Liverpool dont mess up come sunday
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kajifu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:27 pm Liverpool always find a way to mess up against Manu,Please Liverpool dont mess up come sunday
Man United have beaten Liverpool once in the past ten league meetings.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Expecting a really difficult game

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

txj wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:49 pm Expecting a really difficult game
It will be my brother but hopefully we can beat them.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Ibrahima Konate starts in defence as Liverpool make two changes for today’s clash with Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The 22-year-old replaces Joel Matip for the Premier League encounter, while the other alteration sees Diogo Jota come in for Sadio Mane.

Fabinho is absent from the squad due to the effects of a knock sustained to his knee in Madrid in midweek. The issue is not thought to be long term.

Meanwhile, Caoimhin Kelleher is also missing due to illness, but Curtis Jones returns on the bench.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Jota, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Mane, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi, Matip.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool is smashing Manu very serious beat down
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

3 goals in the first half against Man U. Dang!

Salah is a beast.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool please score number 4 oooooh before half time,its looking ugly for Manu,
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

balo wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:11 pm 3 goals in the first half against Man U. Dang!

Salah is a beast.
Salah is world best player currently.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Will Manu the come back king come back in the second half?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

0 - 4.

Man U = Norwich.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Should have tripled the captain this week.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Wow
5-0
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Paul Pogba off. Red.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sixes and sevens?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Double digits today?

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Keita my boy don get injured.Sad sad
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I’m not a United fan but this is sad to watch
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The tactical decisions by Klopp here, re Konate and Jota, plus the positioning of Keita was nothing short of brilliant....

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Notwithstanding Ole’s nonsensical press. Ronaldo is metamorphosing into another other worldly Brazilian, triple Ogbuefi, Chief Oga penalty box, Romario. From Balon d’Ors to The battle to boast least sprints in 90 minutes, CRon vs Messi, is entering its Ohseeian stage.

All too easy to say “they’ve stopped playing for Solskjaer”, on this evidence, they’ve stopped playing for football all together. Two words. Big. Sam. How big? Huge.