Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by Coach »

@Tx, the line-up made little sense, Thiago further forward was the icing on the cake. Midfield diamond, more like Cubic Zirconia fresh from the back of Delboy's 3-wheeler. Absolutely pathetic. The lack of protection for Hey-Arnold was hilarious, the skinning by Mitoma, relentless. Gakpo was useless and rightly so, new to the division, not up to speed and clearly uncertain of the role in this shard of glass system masquerading as a Diamond formation. The press was worse than that applied to a pair of school trousers with an exam to sit and five minutes to make the ten minute school run.

Why such a deviation from the norm? And more of a concern, must the press always be hell for leather, even if the parts are spent and not fit for purpose? Henderson, Fabinho, finished. Alexis Salah, Thiago, looking well off the pace. Frightening how hasty the decline.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Not sure I even know where we can start to fix this mess this season without tearing up the midfield in the summer and starting again.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The summer is nigh on 20 games away, its about the here and now. A thousand forwards purchased and still as toothless as a dentureless amoeba. Absolutely pathetic. Liverpool cannot play high line/high block, they dont have the legs for the gegenpress. Low block, they dont have the defensive resolve. They're well and truly finished. Klopp needs to change it up, all far too penetrable. Alexander-Arnold is now the go to guy for anyone who wants to up their xG or CCC creation. Sadly, Trent has now become as afraid of his defensive incompetence as everyone else. The result, countless schoolboy errors and more skinnings than Freddy Kruger playing Cowboys and Indians.

Klopp's 4-3-3 has fallen on its sword. The midfield can no longer cover the channels, join the attacks and support the press. Once the ball breaks the frontline it almost a free crack at Allison.

There will be more clobberings to come but almost certainly, a valiant stand the moment City arrive. Irony.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:41 pm The summer is nigh on 20 games away, its about the here and now. A thousand forwards purchased and still as toothless as a dentureless amoeba. Absolutely pathetic. Liverpool cannot play high line/high block, they dont have the legs for the gegenpress. Low block, they dont have the defensive resolve. They're well and truly finished. Klopp needs to change it up, all far too penetrable. Alexander-Arnold is now the go to guy for anyone who wants to up their xG or CCC creation. Sadly, Trent has now become as afraid of his defensive incompetence as everyone else. The result, countless schoolboy errors and more skinnings than Freddy Kruger playing Cowboys and Indians.

Klopp's 4-3-3 has fallen on its sword. The midfield can no longer cover the channels, join the attacks and support the press. Once the ball breaks the frontline it almost a free crack at Allison.

There will be more clobberings to come but almost certainly, a valiant stand the moment City arrive. Irony.
They need show up against Chelsea this weekend and when they face untied,spurs and city.
Those are the games i want them win and they can throw the rest away for all i care
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

this place has been very quiet. Most importantly, the stench that reeks here when a certain Yeye person is around has reduced significantly.

Anyway, yeye dey smell :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

@txj, kbt, coach...

A better performance tonight, though not saying much considering the last game. I wondered whether Klopp would go with Bajetic, Thiago and Keita in midfield at some point. At least two of those three should start at the weekend.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:03 am @txj, kbt, coach...

A better performance tonight, though not saying much considering the last game. I wondered whether Klopp would go with Bajetic, Thiago and Keita in midfield at some point. At least two of those three should start at the weekend.
lowlife coward rearing his ugly head because of an FA Cup replay win. :rotf: :rotf: Yeye dey smell :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The kid Bajetic's ability in tight spaces is something.
Overall a better performance considering everything...
whether this carries over to the weekend is a whole different matter....
Would like to see those three start again at the weekend...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

The absence of 4 senior forward can not be overstated. Out attack is blunt. Midfield did well the Bajcetic was really good and I think the experience of Keita and Thiago helped him settle down. Maybe Núñez should play on the left and Gakpo in the middle. Núñez speed and Gakpo technique in the middle might be better.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Alategun wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:29 am The absence of 4 senior forward can not be overstated. Out attack is blunt. Midfield did well the Bajcetic was really good and I think the experience of Keita and Thiago helped him settle down. Maybe Núñez should play on the left and Gakpo in the middle. Núñez speed and Gakpo technique in the middle might be better.
AlatEGUNGUN be careful, na express you dey go! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:56 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:40 pm
oloye wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:01 pm Give City that one man advantage ,you will need an umbrella to stop the rain of goals.
So what? City are a financially doped up team. They don't need the extra advantage.
As opposed to other teams who get their players for free. This financially doped excuse needs to be done away with, it's embarrassing and reeks of sour grapes.
Nna, how far? How does a club who can't even fill their own stadium generate more revenue than Real Madrid? :D

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

For the Chelsea match, I expect Fabs to come back in. Think it will be a bit of a risk to start the kid Bajcetic in a high pressure game. Don't want to put too much pressure on him and damage his confidence if he has a bad game.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

kbt wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:03 pm

For the Chelsea match, I expect Fabs to come back in. Think it will be a bit of a risk to start the kid Bajcetic in a high pressure game. Don't want to put too much pressure on him and damage his confidence if he has a bad game.
Yeah, but hope he keeps Naby and Thiago in. Hope Núñez is fit to start and where the heck is Firmino?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I will not be surprised if Bajetic starts...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Alategun wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:47 pm

Yeah, but hope he keeps Naby and Thiago in. Hope Núñez is fit to start and where the heck is Firmino?!
Reportedly soon to be offered a contract extension... :???:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:31 am

you can come out yeyeman, Liverpool got a point vs the worst Chelsea season in 30 years
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How are you guys liking Kpo Kpo Ga rri?

Yeye dey smell :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cody Gakpo Sodje looking every bit Efetebore. Needs to step lively. New league or not, big cash was paid for big play now. Another week in the minuses.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, is it beyond Klopp to drop an out of sorts Mesut Salah aka Molexis Salanchez? Nnukwu Ego has gone full Aubameyang.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Worst game I've watched in the EPL this season.
Some Championship matches are far better than this hustle-and-bustle presentation by both sides.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joao wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:11 pm Worst game I've watched in the EPL this season.
Some Championship matches are far better than this hustle-and-bustle presentation by both sides.
MY brother, this is Klopp football. Its shocking! Yeye dey smell :oops:
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Klopp needs to play Elliot less. He doesn't affect games to the extent that he is played. For all his endeavors, he struggles to close out on defense and the positive he offers on offense is non existent now. He should be brought in in game Ms we are winning comfortably. To wet tempo and control games