Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:31 pm @Yeyeman,

Was not convinced by the midfield selection to start, but the real surprise for me was the performance of VVD in defence. Seemed surprised by United's aggressive start...

And I still don't understand how the 2nd goal was deemed onside...
nno, take it easy. You know your hips are frail, dont move too much. Please sit down.. eh? Diokpa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

from fourble to twoble last season... now na one pointable! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:53 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 am
danfo driver wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:42 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:16 am nah wah for pool oo, them just dey use style kick all the brothers out
Liverpool and Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 27, could be prepared to make a move away, with former club RB Leipzig showing interest. (Sky Sports Germany
Now Klopp's comments on the African Nations Cup is quite clear for all to see... his plan is to get rid of as many africans from his team, so he doesn't have to worry about ANC anymore.
nothing more to add :clap:
Good. An empty brain can't add anything to nonsense.
How are you feeling? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Just seen the game. United played inspired game. More energy. We need luck with injuries. Milner wasn't bad. Henderson snatching at the ball when all he needs is control the ball. Oh well.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Was not convinced by the midfield selection to start, but the real surprise for me was the performance of VVD in defence. Seemed surprised by United's aggressive start...

No choice really. Probably should have played Fabinho once Keita pulled up injured. Henderson for me snatches at the ball too often. And he needs to trust his bell control more when the pass is not available. Milner tried but quality not there. Elliot needs to bring something to the table beyond the little passes here and there. Fault for 1st goal, VVD and Trent. Apart from that Trent played well. His passes are really good.
2nd goal, Henderson.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

AlatEgungun be careful, na express you dey go! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I agree regarding the second goal. When I looked at it I felt it was a clear offside. I trust that if it was the wrong decision, then it would come out during the next few days. There is no way to hide for such.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Cristao II wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:59 am

I agree regarding the second goal. When I looked at it I felt it was a clear offside. I trust that if it was the wrong decision, then it would come out during the next few days. There is no way to hide for such.
It is the new rule. Tolerance level. Would have been offside 2 years ago. Funny thing is before it was changed, it affected us the most.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Alategun wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:10 pm

It is the new rule. Tolerance level. Would have been offside 2 years ago. Funny thing is before it was changed, it affected us the most.

Except that it did not appear to apply in the Leicester game as well as the Villa game...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Alategun wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:36 am

No choice really. Probably should have played Fabinho once Keita pulled up injured. Henderson for me snatches at the ball too often. And he needs to trust his bell control more when the pass is not available. Milner tried but quality not there. Elliot needs to bring something to the table beyond the little passes here and there. Fault for 1st goal, VVD and Trent. Apart from that Trent played well. His passes are really good.
2nd goal, Henderson.

You left out Gomez and Hendo on the first goal.
His position has always needed to be upgraded, but for everything else he brings to the game; its now acutely needed...
But its early days and we al need to ignore all the noise...
And avoid panic buys...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

And to think it was Klopp all along - now a certain Mane is surely well missed
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:27 pm
Alategun wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:36 am

2nd goal, Henderson.

You left out Gomez and Hendo on the first goal.
His position has always needed to be upgraded, but for everything else he brings to the game; its now acutely needed...
But its early days and we al need to ignore all the noise...
And avoid panic buys...
Going into the season hoping to replicate the luck of last season with injuries was criminal. Fact is the same injury prone players had their usual injuries last season. Just didn't come this early and not at the same time. Last year we played with Elliot and Tyler Morton. We drew with Tottenham with Morton in midfield. Thiago, Keita, Ox and even Fab always have their usual injuries. Milner, bless his heart isn't the quality we should be relying on to play all the time. Hendo's quality is his hustle. He is technically hood but does not trust himself enough. Reason why he snatches at balls when a good 1st touch and a carry would have done him some good. The rest in midfield are kids. A friend told me Arsenal played with kids. But is that what we want? Barely surviving!? If we had a fit midfielder that brought something different, one of those draws could've been a win but tough to ask kids to drive the team forward. Even CL final, Thiago was injured but we had to play him. 4 of these midfielders, their contract run out next summer. Imo, we need a midfielder now.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Alategun wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:10 pm

How convenient of you to cherry pick, how was the Lukaku goal in the EFL finals against Chelsea, take a look
again and tell us how it clearly offside.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXK9kSkR_oQ
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Klopp is overrated. And to think you had someone here who was trying to claim that Klopp is at the same level as Pep :lol: :lol: :lol:

8 years, 650 million spent and only 1 league title! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Even Ranieri had a better record. Kai! punching the air and running around, with stiff hands has made this fraud to be compared to the top coaches in the world :oops:
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:03 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:53 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 am
danfo driver wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:42 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:16 am nah wah for pool oo, them just dey use style kick all the brothers out
Liverpool and Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 27, could be prepared to make a move away, with former club RB Leipzig showing interest. (Sky Sports Germany
Now Klopp's comments on the African Nations Cup is quite clear for all to see... his plan is to get rid of as many africans from his team, so he doesn't have to worry about ANC anymore.
nothing more to add :clap:
Good. An empty brain can't add anything to nonsense.
How are you feeling? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Yeah, starting with Milner and Henderson is a recipe for disaster...

I think JK should consider changing the formation given the lack of players available in midfield.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:52 pm

I think JK should consider changing the formation given the lack of players available in midfield.
took you a few days to get out of bed. Take am easy.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:47 pm

took you a few days to get out of bed. Take am easy.. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
you dey mind the coward, dude runs away and comes back 4 days later .. what a weak man
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:38 am
danfo driver wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:47 pm

you dey mind the coward, dude runs away and comes back 4 days later .. what a weak man
Weak in the body, weak in spirit and weak mentally! A weak weak yeye man! E name fit am well well. Na this kind yeye person dey use ponmo pay bride price; then for the following 3 days, go back his father in-law's house to pretend to visit, so he can eat out of the ponmo! :lol: :lol: :lol:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You can trust anything that comes out of a mouth that is full of fake teeth! :oops:
benteke wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:49 am
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Liverpool are 5 -0 up and Salah did not get a goal or an assist. Not good for FPL.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I expect Yeyefowl to show his face today. :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

count down for yeyeman to pop in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved