Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by ohsee »

:mad: :mad:
Damn! West Ham, why you do me like dis now? :mad: Mikel "muscle for nothing" Antonio, why you miss that simple lob na? Anyway, fourble is over, let us pray for treble. :thumb:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:10 pm :mad: :mad:
Damn! West Ham, why you do me like dis now? :mad: Mikel "muscle for nothing" Antonio, why you miss that simple lob na? Anyway, fourble is over, let us pray for treble. :thumb:
A loss for City would have been good but ultimately it doesn't change what Liverpool need to do - i.e. wins vs Southampton and Wolves. Then Villa have to stop City from winning...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:23 pm
A loss for City would have been good but ultimately it doesn't change what Liverpool need to do - i.e. wins vs Southampton and Wolves. Then Villa have to stop City from winning...
Chief, Aston Villa have nothing to play for, and it is a home game for Shitty. E no go happun....Shitty will thump them. Biko, join me and kneel down let us pray to Amadioha, and sacrifice two goat for the game against Real.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohsee wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:20 am
Chief, Aston Villa have nothing to play for, and it is a home game for Shitty. E no go happun....Shitty will thump them. Biko, join me and kneel down let us pray to Amadioha, and sacrifice two goat for the game against Real.

Yeye fowl is counting on your greatest ever player, Stevie G, to pay you guys back, after his Demba-slip cost you the title :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, Villa will be a game. One word. Ollie Watkins. Pace. And plenty of it. Two up top, Phillipe Ogbuefi mixing and blending in the 10. Odikwa risky. Fernandini-old will feel all 90 of those minutes. It’s got to be a flawless performance from City. Nothing to play for? Hardly. Big Dougie Luiz, the return of Gentleman Jack, Stevie G wanting to do his utmost. Game. On.

With wreck it Ralph long overdue a 9-nil, there could yet be soup. Edikaikong, ogbonno and bitter leaf.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

True, they'll likely be thumped but stranger things have happened. Meanwhile there is someone on this thread sweating like a pig in a slaughterhouse and praying that Liverpool don't win the title. And this amuses me greatly. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Og
Coach wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:22 am
@Mazi, Villa will be a game. One word. Ollie Watkins. Pace. And plenty of it. Two up top, Phillipe Ogbuefi mixing and blending in the 10. Odikwa risky. Fernandini-old will feel all 90 of those minutes. It’s got to be a flawless performance from City. Nothing to play for? Hardly. Big Dougie Luiz, the return of Gentleman Jack, Stevie G wanting to do his utmost. Game. On.

With wreck it Ralph long overdue a 9-nil, there could yet be soup. Edikaikong, ogbonno and bitter leaf.
Ogam Coachito, I pray that you are right. But I fear that you are wrong. If you are right, I go come dat una Rondon buy you a few drinks. :thumbs:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:22 am

I don't think we'll see Fernandinho at CB again. Not sure why Pep is starting him ahead of Ake.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

If it was Pep that got as close to where Klopp has gotten to a quadruple this season, the noise and accolades" from football media and pundits would have been deafening. "How can he not be the greatest coach of all time? How?"

It will be a very long time before any English team comes anywhere close to this point in a season again. Or for that matter, any team in Europe's top 5 leagues. The tolerable margins of error required to do so are inhuman if not inhumane.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theDunamis wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:29 pm If it was Pep that got as close to where Klopp has gotten to a quadruple this season, the noise and accolades" from football media and pundits would have been deafening. "How can he not be the greatest coach of all time? How?"

It will be a very long time before any English team comes anywhere close to this point in a season again. Or for that matter, any team in Europe's top 5 leagues. The tolerable margins of error required to do so are inhuman if not inhumane.
For you, football revolved around your Majesty, the Queen's England. For most of the world, it doesnt. And the culture of your adopted beloved nation revolves around "almost there," rather than "there," thats why you guys brought the decay and loser mentality of "moral victories" to the Super Eagles.

Klopp is no where near the level of Pep. Not even close.

Klopp (Age - 54) - 10 trophies (3 titles)
Guardiola (Age - 51) - 33 trophies (10 titles)

its not even a competition. Show some respect!
Last edited by danfo driver on Mon May 16, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

danfo driver wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:48 pmFor you, football revolved around your Majesty, the Queen's England. For most of the world, it doesnt.

As usual, you jump like a rabid dog with little thinking but high energy. I was not comparing whatever level it is you think they are both at. Nor was I comparing their titles or trophies. I was speaking specifically about the football media and punditry but in your rabid canine rush, that flew over your head. :roll:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theDunamis wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:56 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:48 pmFor you, football revolved around your Majesty, the Queen's England. For most of the world, it doesnt.

As usual, you jump like a rabid dog with little thinking but high energy. I was not comparing whatever level it is you think they are both at. Nor was I comparing their titles or trophies. I was speaking specifically about the football media and punditry but in your rabid canine rush, that flew over your head. :roll:
Yen yen yen .. the football media and punditry will rightly crown Pep as the greatest! And Klopp is receiving the level that he deserves. Simple as that. Needing 5 years to win a title, after spending half a billion is not a character of "the best." Coaches like Pep and Mourinho go to clubs and they are expected to win in their first season. Klopp too years of failure, before Fenway Sports pumped hundreds of millions buying most expensive goalkeeper and defender before he could win.

Your post about the media is severely inaccurate. like I said, they are giving him the coverage he deserves.

He is NO WHERE near the level of Pep
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

danfo driver wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 pmYen yen yen .. the football media and punditry will rightly crown Pep as the greatest! And Klopp is receiving the level that he deserves. Simple as that. Needing 5 years to win a title, after spending half a billion is not a character of "the best." Coaches like Pep and Mourinho go to clubs and they are expected to win in their first season. Klopp too years of failure, before Fenway Sports pumped hundreds of millions buying most expensive goalkeeper and defender before he could win.

Your post about the media is severely inaccurate. like I said, they are giving him the coverage he deserves.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theDunamis wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:05 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:00 pmYen yen yen .. the football media and punditry will rightly crown Pep as the greatest! And Klopp is receiving the level that he deserves. Simple as that. Needing 5 years to win a title, after spending half a billion is not a character of "the best." Coaches like Pep and Mourinho go to clubs and they are expected to win in their first season. Klopp too years of failure, before Fenway Sports pumped hundreds of millions buying most expensive goalkeeper and defender before he could win.

I know.. facing the truth hurts. :rotf: :rotf: 10 titles, and this one wants the press to treat Klopp like someone who is actually the greatest. :rotf: :rotf: please dont open your mouth on this thread again!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

danfo driver wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:40 pm

I know.. facing the truth hurts. :rotf: :rotf: 10 titles, and this one wants the press to treat Klopp like someone who is actually the greatest. :rotf: :rotf: please dont open your mouth on this thread again!

I know you are always looking for a cyber-fight because it helps fill a vacuum in your life. But I neither have the time nor the interest to help your vacuum or vacuity. Go on soun driver of danfos. :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theDunamis wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:50 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:40 pm

I know you are always looking for a cyber-fight because it helps fill a vacuum in your life. But I neither have the time nor the interest to help your vacuum or vacuity. Go on soun driver of danfos. :taunt: :taunt:
Lets speak later, I am occupied with Nnai Azuzu and Chinwuruwuru :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:48 pm
theDunamis wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:29 pm If it was Pep that got as close to where Klopp has gotten to a quadruple this season, the noise and accolades" from football media and pundits would have been deafening. "How can he not be the greatest coach of all time? How?"

For you, football revolved around your Majesty, the Queen's England. For most of the world, it doesnt. And the culture of your adopted beloved nation revolves around "almost there," rather than "there," thats why you guys brought the decay and loser mentality of "moral victories" to the Super Eagles.

Only a fool uses stats without context. And what does age have to do with anything?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:16 pm

Only a fool uses stats without context. And what does age have to do with anything?
The facts are very clear. Pep, a younger manager who even took a sabbatical is significantly more successful that Klopp. significantly! To compare them in the same sentence is sacrilege. Its not even a competition. Look at the trophies! Look at the titles. Dont forget that in the last 10 years:

Pep (Age 51) has won 6 titles in the last 10 years. he was on sabbatical and did not compete, one of those 10 years - and this year, could make it 7 in 10 years.

Klopp (Age 54) has won 2 titles in the last 10 years.

Look at how abysmal that is. 2 titles in 10 years, after buying the most expensive goalkeeper and defender. Then spending millions upon millions across the squad. Yet, anyone would mention his name in the same sentence as a much younger Guardiola? How is that even possible?

There are many coaches with the same or better trophy hull than Klopp. He is one of many. Pep on the other hand is on another level to Klopp and Klopp's contemporaries. This is factual.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:36 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:16 pm

The facts are very clear. Pep, a younger manager who even took a sabbatical is significantly more successful that Klopp. significantly! To compare them in the same sentence is sacrilege. Its not even a competition. Look at the trophies! Look at the titles. Dont forget that in the last 10 years:

Pep (Age 51) has won 6 titles in the last 10 years. he was on sabbatical and did not compete, one of those 10 years - and this year, could make it 7 in 10 years.

Klopp (Age 54) has won 2 titles in the last 10 years.

Look at how abysmal that is. 2 titles in 10 years, after buying the most expensive goalkeeper and defender. Then spending millions upon millions across the squad. Yet, anyone would mention his name in the same sentence as a much younger Guardiola? How is that even possible?

There are many coaches with the same or better trophy hull than Klopp. He is one of many. Pep on the other hand is on another level to Klopp and Klopp's contemporaries. This is factual.

Not sure whether to take you serious or not.

On one thread you are all over calling Pep the checkbook manager and an inheritance merchant and here you are lauding Pep as the best thing since sliced bread, totally ignoring the context and your comments from the other threads.

Talk about multiple personality disorder!!!

Pep is a brilliant manager. But he is also a luxury manager. He works at the top, top end of the game, with the best talents money can buy.

Trouble with his strike force? He signs Grealish for 100MP. It doesn't work quite as expected?
He signs Halaand for 250MP.

The fullbacks don't work? He spends 250MP over three transfer windows to fix it.

One 50MP GK doesn't work? You buy another 50MP GK....

Klopp signed the most expensive defender in the world at 70MP?
Pep has signed 4 CDs each worth 50MP!!!

Compare that to the organic growth Klopp engineers with his squad- solving football problems through football, rather than the checkbook.

Pep is a brilliant manager and one of the greats in the game. So is Klopp, albeit from a different perspective.

In any case, I don't really think you are serious...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:36 am

On one thread you are all over calling Pep the checkbook manager and an inheritance merchant and here you are lauding Pep as the best thing since sliced bread, totally ignoring the context and your comments from the other threads.
Both arent mutually exclusive? Factually, he is the best coach of all time. Nothing you can do about that.

Pep is a brilliant manager. But he is also a luxury manager. He works at the top, top end of the game, with the best talents money can buy.
very simplistic argument. We all saw what Rijkaard did to Barcelona, when he wrecked them. Pep came in and turned that ship around easily! He didnt need 5 years to do it. He did it, instant! Furthermore, 2 things -

1. Is it Guardiola's fault that very few clubs can afford his services?

2. The funniest thing in football is when people legitimately believe that playing for, or coaching, a big team is easier than playing for, or coaching a top team. Winning... scratch that, the demand for a, and pressure to, win is one of the most difficult thing in football. Many players go to small clubs and thrive, but once they go to a top club where moral victories, draws and losses are seeing as suicide, they cant handle it! Same as coaches. Thriving where success is demanded and expected is absolutely more difficult than a job where you are given 5 year to find you feet + most expensive defender and goalkeeper.

Trouble with his strike force? He signs Grealish for 100MP. It doesn't work quite as expected?
Haaland's fee is £51 million. Everyone here is educated.

The fullbacks don't work? He spends 250MP over three transfer windows to fix it.
Salah and Mane go to Afcon? Spend 50mP on Luiz to sit on the bench

54mP for Naby Keita? He doesnt perform? sit him on the bench.

45mP for Jota to sit on the bench for Salah and Mane last summer.

One 50MP GK doesn't work? You buy another 50MP GK...

I am suprised you decided to go down this route, considering the steps it took Liverpool to purchase the most expensive goalkpeer? Mignolet, Karius and the likes. How many mistakes did Kloop make before he went and splashed 60million on Allison?
Klopp signed the most expensive defender in the world at 70MP?
Yes, he did. and you can add Konate who was bought for significant amount of money to sit on the bench.

Compare that to the organic growth Klopp engineers with his squad- solving football problems through football, rather than the checkbook.
half a billion pounds of organic growth
Pep is a brilliant manager and one of the greats in the game. So is Klopp, albeit from a different perspective.
you spoke a lot about many things, but never discussed the actual issues I raised. Here is the crux of the matter and I dare you to debate any of these --

1. Pep is significantly more successful than Klopp, FACT!

2. Pep has 6 titles in 10 years, Klopp has 2. FACT!

3. Pep has 33 trophies, Klopp has 10, FACT!

4. Pep is younger than Klopp and has succeeded in life more than an older klopp! Fact!!

5. Pep is a better and more accomplished coach then Klopp! Fact!

6. Klopp is not in the same level as Pep in the ranking for best coach of all time! Fact!!

The facts are clear. Klopp is not on the same level as Pep. for that to happen, Pep probably has to retire today and Klopp will still need another 20 years to win 33 trophies and 6 titles.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:35 am
txj wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:36 am

Both arent mutually exclusive? Factually, he is the best coach of all time. Nothing you can do about that.

very simplistic argument. We all saw what Rijkaard did to Barcelona, when he wrecked them. Pep came in and turned that ship around easily! He didnt need 5 years to do it. He did it, instant! Furthermore, 2 things -

1. Is it Guardiola's fault that very few clubs can afford his services?

2. The funniest thing in football is when people legitimately believe that playing for, or coaching, a big team is easier than playing for, or coaching a top team. Winning... scratch that, the demand for a, and pressure to, win is one of the most difficult thing in football. Many players go to small clubs and thrive, but once they go to a top club where moral victories, draws and losses are seeing as suicide, they cant handle it! Same as coaches. Thriving where success is demanded and expected is absolutely more difficult than a job where you are given 5 year to find you feet + most expensive defender and goalkeeper.

Haaland's fee is £51 million. Everyone here is educated.
First he inherited a CL winning team from Rikjaard. He inherited what was one of the most complete squads in modern football history at Barca.
Luxury.

The goes on to Munich where he can cherry pick the best Bundesliga players, plus adding Madrid players to booth.
Luxury..

Only an uneducated will believe the above fee for Haaland. The65mp is the fee to BVB. The agency fee alone is 50mp and another 45mp to his father...

Then the players salaries bring it up to 250mp

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:22 pm GUARDIOLA: THE CHECKBOOK MANAGER!

A few injuries and NO TRANSFER WINDOW TO GO OUT AND SPLASH 300 MILLION and he cannot handle it! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: Tufiakwa!

If he was a real coach, he would be able to go to the youth team and use a CB there. But no, he cant! he cant because all his career it is clear that it is money that has won every title he has ever won! PEP BEING EXPOSED FOR THE FRAUD THAT HE IS! :clap:

danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:33 am Can pep win without spending 100 million in January??

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:29 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Iheanacho was not and is not good enough. Sancho wanted more minutes and was never going to displace Sterling or Sané. .
But my point is why does he hate children. DOnt forget that last year, he had the worst record with youth players! The worst in Europe! That is highly disappointing. When would he promote youth players and compete without money?
I think you’ve got you’re figured wrong about how much he has spent at City but he bought fullbacks and only used Walker as Mendy has been injured, he had to use Delph as makeshift two seasons ago and then converted Zinchenko to LB for most of last season. Pep is a good manager, he has a specialty and he’s good at what he does. It’s time to stop crying about it
Really? You seem to have forgotten (1) Danilo and (2) Joao Cancelo. Are you refusing to look at both players?

Are you forgetting that he came to Man City and he saw Joe Hart? He didnt like Hart, so he went out and bought Bravo. He then decided that he didnt like Bravo also, and went out and bought Ederson. When is he going to promote youth? Why does he decide to always spend 100 million to buy and buy and buy when he doesnt like something?