Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by theDunamis »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:19 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm Owning your own destiny is important. The draw against City and then the points dropped against Spurs in the run-in placed Liverpool's destiny in the hands of others. And while "others" almost incredibly almost came through, it was always going to be City's to throw away and they showed they had no interest in finishing the season trophyless. Kudos to City. And well fought, Liverpool.
Take it easy. At least you still have the TREMBLE, okay? And Mainz most successful coach in the history of histories :D

Nothing for me to take easy as I am not a Liverpool fan. I have zero allegiance to any club but only to good footie and thoroughly enjoyed watching this Liverpool team reach for the heights this season.

Learn to stop parading yourself as a nuisance and actually try to enjoy the beautiful game.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theDunamis wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:04 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:19 pm
theDunamis wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:08 pm Owning your own destiny is important. The draw against City and then the points dropped against Spurs in the run-in placed Liverpool's destiny in the hands of others. And while "others" almost incredibly almost came through, it was always going to be City's to throw away and they showed they had no interest in finishing the season trophyless. Kudos to City. And well fought, Liverpool.
Take it easy. At least you still have the TREMBLE, okay? And Mainz most successful coach in the history of histories :D

Nothing for me to take easy as I am not a Liverpool fan. I have zero allegiance to any club but only to good footie and thoroughly enjoyed watching this Liverpool team reach for the heights this season.

Learn to stop parading yourself as a nuisance and actually try to enjoy the beautiful game.
e pain? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

MYMIND wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:47 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:02 pm Seems Gerrard can never win a league for Liverpool. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Only you on Liverpool's thread post after post. The amount of energy you put into another team's MINOR (not expected to win since the draw at the Etihad) disappoinment is mind boggling.

Try to find joy from joyful (positive) things and focus on that from the perspective of the recipient of the positive news.
Take it easy bro. At least you have Mainz's best ever coach of the history of Mainz history of the world. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You dont like Carabawoni cup? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: CaraBawoni and FaFaFa Fawol Cup gave you guys the dumble. And now you can fight for the tremble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:57 pm
MYMIND wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:49 pm
txj wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:31 pm

Congrats to City.

Thought on the whole it was the draws vs Brighton and Brentford.

Hopefully Thiago's injury is not serious and we have a complete squad for the CL final...
At the end of the day, it is the draw at home against Spurs. We had to win to keep the pressure. West Ham got City to drop points and Liverpool was unable to capitalize because of the Spurs draw earlier.

Think a decision needs to be made on what the priorities wrt the domestic cups should be.

Its good to win the FA and Carabao cups, but really shouldn't be investing efforts in those competitions...

Lacked freshness in that Spurs game, like they have in the last two seeks.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:27 pme pain? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You see what I mean. One day, you will find joy danfo driver. Because running kiti kiti, running kata kata, roaming throughout the forum, going back and forth, seeking whom to devour, must be one hell of a sad life. Pele! :laugh: :laugh: :mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kbt wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:34 pm Well we give it our best but in the end, wasn't good enough.
At least you still have a chance of the tremble? :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Who has more EPL titles?

1. Liverpool's greatest ever player, Steven Gerrard? or
2. Jack Grealish?

Odikwa Egwu! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Congrats to City.

Hopefully Thiago's injury is not serious and we have a complete squad for the CL final...
At the end of the day, it is the draw at home against Spurs. We had to win to keep the pressure. West Ham got City to drop points and Liverpool was unable to capitalize because of the Spurs draw earlier.
Tbh, I don't think there's one specific moment or game. Like you said, the Spurs game was before City's draw with WH so we weren't in a position to capitalise. Superb effort to even get this close. Remarkable team.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:57 pm

Congrats to City.

Think a decision needs to be made on what the priorities wrt the domestic cups should be.

Its good to win the FA and Carabao cups, but really shouldn't be investing efforts in those competitions...

Lacked freshness in that Spurs game, like they have in the last two seeks.
Five sub rule in the EPL from next season will make investing in those other competitions a bit easier.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:11 pm

Congrats to City.

Tbh, I don't think there's one specific moment or game. Like you said, the Spurs game was before City's draw with WH so we weren't in a position to capitalise. Superb effort to even get this close. Remarkable team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Funny enough, if Covid didnt happen, Liverpool would never have won the title that year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

danfo driver wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm Funny enough, if Covid didnt happen, Liverpool would never have won the title that year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If Matt Tierney wasn't on VAR at Goodison Park and the rightful penalty awarded to Everton, we would have won it this year. Get it? Anyway you are known as a nuisance, I will stop paying you attention.

I am sure, you will take next week off, if Liverpool wins the Champions League.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

MYMIND wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:24 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm Funny enough, if Covid didnt happen, Liverpool would never have won the title that year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If Matt Tierney wasn't on VAR at Goodison Park and the rightful penalty awarded to Everton, we would have won it this year. Get it? Anyway you are known as a nuisance, I will stop paying you attention.
If my aunty had balls, she'd be my Uncle! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am sure, you will take next week off, if Liverpool wins the Champions League.
:D That will be the tremble!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Name one cvvnt who has deprived Liverpool of happiness more than this one? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Steven Gerrard tried.

But Liverpool has still had a better season than City especially if they win the CL.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Congrats to City.

For me, it was the loss to Leicester. They just played 2 days before and were tired with no defenders. We battered them but couldn't score. Salah missed a penalty. They get a chance through Lookman and won the game. There will always be dropped points and referee decisions but that loss for me hurts the most.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Klopp has built an absolute juggernaut at Anfield.
And I relish their battles with City which should
continue for the next couple uv seasons b4 the two
great coaches decide what’s next for them.
It will be hard to contain Don Catalan as the addition
uv Halaand is a major game changer.
That kid is a special talent but will need to adapt
to the premiership
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

We need help in midfield. A really good energetic box to box midfielder will help. Hendo, Milner , Tiago getting old and Keita is injury prone.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Alategun wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:24 am We need help in midfield. A really good energetic box to box midfielder will help. Hendo, Milner , Tiago getting old and Keita is injury prone.
Need midfielders that have an eye for GOAL, not just a pass.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:47 am Steven Gerrard tried.

But Liverpool has still had a better season than City especially if they win the CL.

Correct. If Liverpool close out this incredible season with a CL title, it will have been a very huge season for them and the most successful team this season across Europe. If they lose to Real in the CL final again though, it will have been a very disappointing end to an incredible season.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sleaky72 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:15 am Klopp has built an absolute juggernaut at Anfield.
And I relish their battles with City which should
continue for the next couple uv seasons b4 the two
great coaches decide what’s next for them.
It will be hard to contain Don Catalan as the addition
uv Halaand is a major game changer.
That kid is a special talent but will need to adapt
to the premiership
If he can stay fit. His fitness record isn't great.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:47 am Steven Gerrard tried.

You are right, the Carabawoni Cup and Fa Fa Fa Fawol Cup are more important than the League Title. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I wouldnt expect different from an Arsenal fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: