Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:38 pm
txj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:19 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:03 pm A strong win. Next up, the derby. We move onwards.

Top performance.
Concentration waned a few times in defence though...
It did. Ali put in a top performance. Could have been one of those topsy-turvy Brentford games if not for him but Soton's game plan suited Liverpool.

starting to look more and more like a team that struggles to maintain a high level and plays down to the opposition
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:32 am
danfo driver wrote: Image
Danfo and Bigpokey perform the Jim Crow pose for Mourinho.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

his teeth is rotten, yet you carry something put for mouth. :oops: :oops: :rotf:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:46 pm Meanwhile Mourinho is getting his #$% kicked in the Europa league by part-time bank robbers and postmen. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:51 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:46 pm And guess what Mourinho is the highest paid coach in Italy and when he is fired, he will cash out again!
Why do you care how much the white man is paid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical slave mentality - trying to look into your massa's pockets. Shooo!! :rotf: :rotf:
Still gagging on Mr. Rotten Teeth? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TXJ,

Who are you supporting tomorrow? The rotten teeth, to whom you have been a dutiful slave? or the fat kpomo body, with whom you have laid for years, and for whom you once had an abortion?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Top performance save for the blip with the bitters goal...

Hendo continuing to grow in the Harvey Elliot role. MOM today.

Diogo Jota! Mensch...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Tweaked the spacing Kloppo he did; making the field bigger to exploit full range of Alcantara's passing and control skills

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

We dominated them in every way possible. Feel bad for Rafa. They will be better with Calvert Lewin
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Had issues with my password but fixed now. Top 3 gluing at the moment. Chelsea not playing well but winning still. City looking the most effective so far. We just need to stay in the pack, stay in the race and who knows.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Alategun wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:42 am We dominated them in every way possible. Feel bad for Rafa. They will be better with Calvert Lewin
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AlatEgungun be careful, na express you dey go!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Watching Everton today and you could tell that Benitez is finished! You could see why he almost got the China-based club relegated. He is finished and funny enough, looking at him, i felt pity for him. His face, you could tell that this was a broken man who was once at the top and is now confused as to his present predicament. His tactics no longer work, he is no longer able to impact games and looking at his face, you could tell that this was a man who felt ashamed of what he has no become. "if you dont leave football, football will leave you." What a pity!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:40 am
danfo driver wrote: Watching Everton today and you could tell that Benitez is finished! You could see why he almost got the China-based club relegated. He is finished and funny enough, looking at him, i felt pity for him. His face, you could tell that this was a broken man who was once at the top and is now confused as to his present predicament. His tactics no longer work, he is no longer able to impact games and looking at his face, you could tell that this was a man who felt ashamed of what he has no become. "if you dont leave football, football will leave you." What a pity!
Meanwhile his contemporaries are managing big Italian teams and getting thrashed by goat herders and bricklayers in the Europa League. :rotf: :rotf:
All of them in that generation should retire! Benitez, Mourinho, Allegri, Ancelotti etc etc.. even the likes of Ranieri (athough he is doing well enough at Watford). They should all retire. I watch their teams now and all I feel is pity for them! Its sad to see them like this. :oops:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:59 pm
danfo driver wrote: Watching Everton today and you could tell that Benitez is finished! You could see why he almost got the China-based club relegated. He is finished and funny enough, looking at him, i felt pity for him. His face, you could tell that this was a broken man who was once at the top and is now confused as to his present predicament. His tactics no longer work, he is no longer able to impact games and looking at his face, you could tell that this was a man who felt ashamed of what he has no become. "if you dont leave football, football will leave you." What a pity!
Meanwhile his contemporaries are managing big Italian teams and getting thrashed by goat herders and bricklayers in the Europa League. :rotf: :rotf:
All of them in that generation should retire! Benitez, Mourinho, Allegri, Ancelotti etc etc.. even the likes of Ranieri (athough he is doing well enough at Watford). They should all retire. I watch their teams now and all I feel is pity for them! Its sad to see them like this. :oops:
What's happening to all these guys, surely it can't be that they no longer understand football tactics.
If we check carefully, the likes of Klopp and Pep Guardiola are touted as being the young new generation, but they have actually been managing for a long time, Klopp has been around during that time this generation was doing OK.
Pep's last CL trophy was in 2011, just around the same time Jose won his last CL which was in 2010.

What does your fresh out of the blocks Steven Gerard bring forward that those so called old generation guys don't have.

Is there any difference between Allegri and Conte in terms of who is the older generation between the 2.

I just don't understand what is happening to these guys that you mentioned, why they are struggling like this.
I also noticed Spaletti at Napoli is doing well so far, he is another one from the older generarion
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:11 am
What's happening to all these guys, surely it can't be that they no longer understand football tactics.
If we check carefully, the likes of Klopp and Pep Guardiola are touted as being the young new generation, but they have actually been managing for a long time, Klopp has been around during that time this generation was doing OK.
Pep's last CL trophy was in 2011, just around the same time Jose won his last CL which was in 2010.

What does your fresh out of the blocks Steven Gerard bring forward that those so called old generation guys don't have.

Is there any difference between Allegri and Conte in terms of who is the older generation between the 2.

I just don't understand what is happening to these guys that you mentioned, why they are struggling like this.
I also noticed Spaletti at Napoli is doing well so far, he is another one from the older generarion

Bro, its arrogance! And trust me, arrogance is a curse! When a person has been so successful in one way, they tend to demand the world to sit still and continue to accept that way. They dont want to progress or adapt with the world. They look at themselves and wonder, "why should i ask for help" or "why should i go and learn more? when I am the best" No! You are not the best, you were once one of the best, but you arent anymore.

Truth is you watch their teams and you can see that their tactics is archaic and long dead! One of the most obvious tell is when their team attempts to press-- their press-pattern is so crap, without a clear formation or strategy, because they dont even know how to press. The likes of Ferguson used to get young assistants who would redefine his teams for him! But these guys do not want help, neither do they want to learn. They honestly and stupidly believe that they are too good to learn and adapt.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:11 am

Don't let peeps with talking points confuse you. There's nothing wrong with those managers. It often comes down to the structure of the club and esp the players available to each.

Roma for instance are in the process of a reboot, and barely 6 months into it; Everton have no idea where they want to go; Juve in a reversal after the failed experiment with Sari and CR7.

But Madrid got the transition absolutely right with a steady hand in Carlo, and should kick into high gear next season with Mbape (and Pogba).

The problem with Benitez is himself and his wanting to always work; not allowing himself to make the right choices at the right time. For instance, he should never have taken the Everton job, however attractive it was from a personal perspective as his family still resides in Liverpool...

Without a clear definition of philosophy and a link between that and recruitment, even the best of them will struggle.

Which is not to say that there are no bad managers out there. But it cuts across all generations, and that is the point. Peeps like Lampard and Ole were elevated too quickly...Contrast that for instance with Xabi Alonso who opted to start from the bottom up...

If you listen to the fake pundits out there, you would think that football cannot be played today without pressing...Its just one of several approaches...

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Tough 1/2. Wolves sitting really deep. Hoping to work on counter. Our counter press is good but we didn't do anything with it. Tiago playing well
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Come on Jota. Pass it in
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Origi!
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Quick thinking switch of play from VVD, nice pass from Salah, Origi!!!!!
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Div the legend!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Glad it ended with a last minute winner after all the time-wasting Wolves were doing from the first minute.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Most assist, most goals Team/individual and now most clean sheets belong to Liverpool