Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
joplass
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Post by joplass »

joplass wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:08 pm
Coach wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:06 pm City playing scared. Haaland not playing at all thus far.
The 'pool effects.
Meanwhile, Diaz....
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Duko. Seconds left, ample time to clear the ball. Brain.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Game changing moment, introduction of Kovacic. City had no midfield up until that moment.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Unfvckinbelievable
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

How was that chest high tackle not a PK

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Epitome of dumb, thick, from Doku but got the ball first as the slow mo showed. City career would’ve been over if a pen given.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:37 pm Epitome of dumb, thick, from Doku but got the ball first as the slow mo showed. City career would’ve been over if a pen given.

That's just lame 😒

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Only thing missing from Endo today was a samurai headband

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:06 pm City playing scared. Haaland not playing at all thus far.
Haaland used to compare himself with new GOAT Mbappe? Jokes. :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:12 pm Haaland being marshalled by a sixth former.
"Eddie" Quansah eh biri o, biri o, but he get too mush overconfident. Useless dribble when he was last man, and he was dispossessed. Lucky it did not turn into anything serious.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 pm Only thing missing from Endo today was a samurai headband
Endo, and VVD totally outstanding today. :thumb: McAllister too.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

82 million pams for Gakpo? Serious four one nine. :mad:
https://www.football365.com/news/report ... l-six-year
Cody Gakpo will set Liverpool back £82m in fees and wages
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Yeyerity,

Fantastic performance by your boys today. And to do it with a team with players like Quansah, Bradley, Gomez, etc etc. Unbelievable! :clap:

One player I have always liked and I dont know why Klopp holds back on unleashing him fully, is Elliott. I do not think people know how good that kid is. I saw him for the first time (in a full game) a few months ago... the game where he came in and scored to drag you guys back (cant remember the opponent now).. absolutely fantastic player! I couldnt believe when I saw he returned to the bench the next game.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It's rare to see Man City look human. And all this by a Liverpool team missing 6 or 7 starters.

Oh, and that was clearly a penalty at the end. Pool have been robbed by refs vs Spurs, Arsenal and now City. :roll:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:34 pm Yeyerity,

Fantastic performance by your boys today. And to do it with a team with players like Quansah, Bradley, Gomez, etc etc. Unbelievable! :clap:

One player I have always liked and I dont know why Klopp holds back on unleashing him fully, is Elliott. I do not think people know how good that kid is. I saw him for the first time (in a full game) a few months ago... the game where he came in and scored to drag you guys back (cant remember the opponent now).. absolutely fantastic player! I couldnt believe when I saw he returned to the bench the next game.
Incredible. I was concerned when I saw the line ups but what a performance - especially in the second half. City couldn't live with Liverpool at times. All the players were impressive, and the good thing about Elliot is his versatility and availability. Very good player.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Abeg my internet service has been cancelled for non-payment and I am typing this from a friend’s account. While he is a very, very good friend, there are limits to his generosity. He will not let me use Google. Something about excessive bandwidth usage.

So can you do me a beeg, beeg favor, bring up Google and search for who is currently on top of the EPL? I have heard rumors but I need confirmation. Tenks! Na you o! :thumb: :thumb:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:04 pm Key man today, Haaland, Salah, De Bruyne, Nunez, Trent double A? Hardly. One word. The Gospel. Matteo Kovacic
Midfield all at sea, Guardiola turns to religion. The gospel. Dare City field that same starting midfield vs Beloved, home or away, they’ll be clobbered.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Feel the same way about Elliott. But I suspect its Klopp's way of bringing him thru progressively. He was superb last night...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:08 pm

Feel the same way about Elliott. But I suspect its Klopp's way of bringing him thru progressively. He was superb last night...
I love the player!!! Kaii! Not just the ability, but the aggression and will to win! Him and Baldanzi (Roma). Same type of players.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:25 pm

I love the player!!! Kaii! Not just the ability, but the aggression and will to win! Him and Baldanzi (Roma). Same type of players.
Hopefully when KLOPP leave beloved can go for him,he will be a good back up player.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:25 pm

Danfo driver, comments like this makes me think you are really good in football analysis but love to just take swipes at Klopp to rile us up. He is a wonderful coach who you hardly give any credit. Never complains of the many injuries. Gets the next man ready to play. World class. Winning 36 out of 38 games in the premier league across 2 seasons is no joke.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Alategun wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:28 am
Danfo driver, comments like this makes me think you are really good in football analysis but love to just take swipes at Klopp to rile us up. He is a wonderful coach who you hardly give any credit. Never complains of the many injuries. Gets the next man ready to play. World class. Winning 36 out of 38 games in the premier league across 2 seasons is no joke.
You guys will miss Klopp greatly.
And one of his great is how he adjusts tactics mid game to make things better.
Looking at the line up, before the game, City were favourite.
But by 2nd half it was something else, rarely see City with less posession, even had to take out Kevin De Bruyne to try and regain control of the game.

Klopp does a good job with less talent i think.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Michael Edwards returns with a much larger remit as CEO of Football Ops. The rebuild has started....
Interesting times ahead...