What excites me about next season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What excites me about next season

Post by oloye »

How did Watford even manage to get out of relegation zone? They looked doomed before Pearson showed up

As for Bournemouth, they have just shown us that you can only push a model so far before it is abused and over used and found out. The whole system was built on two guys Wilson and King, to some extent add Fraser. Both King and Fraser have been absent, and has left Wilson looking like a fish out of water.

Aston Villa, I told a fan of theirs who was celebrating all the recruitments they did when they got promoted. It is one thing if you recruited decent players, it is another when you stack your team with hey yous. I told him they just made the same mistake Fulham made and they might be paying the same price.

Now Norwich is the only team I feel sorry for, on their good day they play good football. I will advice them to leave the manager in place, at least give him another year. Who knows he might get them back up. But they are gonna pay the price of those injuries that left them playing with their second string players for most of the first round of the league.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Image
:clap: :clap: :clap:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Can Graham Potter ever be trusted with a higher profile job?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Its a Goal wrote:Can Graham Potter ever be trusted with a higher profile job?
2 seasons in, who has the better record? Graham or Chris?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:43 am Image

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Take a bow you sabi football
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lazio and Sarri dishing some punishment to Roma and Mourinho

2-0
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ibanez pulls one back.

2-1

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:18 pm Lazio and Sarri dishing some punishment to Roma and Mourinho

2-0
2-1
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

3-2
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Best game of the weekend for me

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle Oloye, have you changed your mind on Potter?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Inter got walloped at Lazio.