Eddie Howe

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kai...EPL teams are useless sha. Arsenal and Man U both have goal differences of +1, while Tottenham has +2 :shock: :shock: :shock: Are these teams serious at all? Kudos to Liverpool, City, and Leicester for +14, +23, and +17 respectively, though Leicester padded their numbers yesterday. Chelsea also doing OK with +5.

Can Man U explain what they are doing @ #14? Under NO circumstances should that be the case after 9 matches played.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:kai...EPL teams are useless sha. Arsenal and Man U both have goal differences of +1, while Tottenham has +2 :shock: :shock: :shock: Are these teams serious at all? Kudos to Liverpool, City, and Leicester for +14, +23, and +17 respectively, though Leicester padded their numbers yesterday. Chelsea also doing OK with +5.

Can Man U explain what they are doing @ #14? Under NO circumstances should that be the case after 9 matches played.
Man United hasn't scored more than a single goal in a match since the Chelsea game I think, so their GD isn't surprising.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:kai...EPL teams are useless sha. Arsenal and Man U both have goal differences of +1, while Tottenham has +2 :shock: :shock: :shock: Are these teams serious at all? Kudos to Liverpool, City, and Leicester for +14, +23, and +17 respectively, though Leicester padded their numbers yesterday. Chelsea also doing OK with +5.

EPL is tougher than before,Manu,Arsenal and Spurs look like mid table teams.In fact they are
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@BeniTx, Ebube Howe has lessened the first round haymaking, tending to jab for the opening minute or so, at least. Needless to say, he loves a ruckus, all in, arms swinging wilder than Deontay, but, of late, he has toned it down a touch. When the weather permits, he’ll go hammer and tong no doubt, but the helter is not as skelter these days.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Na wao. Txj, you took it to a different level. I didn’t mean to touch a nerve. The fact that an English coach is relatively successful at the highest level on a shoestring budget while playing good football on the ground is painful to you. I get it bro. Nothing spoil but ndo nwanne.

This thread is about Eddie Howe. I never said he was the best in the world at managing clubs on a shoestring budget. Classic txj in setting up assorted straw men for distraction purposes. :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:Na wao. Txj, you took it to a different level. I didn’t mean to touch a nerve. The fact that an English coach is relatively successful at the highest level on a shoestring budget while playing good football on the ground is painful to you. I get it bro. Nothing spoil but ndo nwanne.

This thread is about Eddie Howe. I never said he was the best in the world at managing clubs on a shoestring budget. Classic txj in setting up assorted straw men for distraction purposes. :lol:
But he's not even the best in the EPL at managing on a shoestring budget!

It is what it is, bro...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@BeniTx, Ebube Howe has lessened the first round haymaking, tending to jab for the opening minute or so, at least. Needless to say, he loves a ruckus, all in, arms swinging wilder than Deontay, but, of late, he has toned it down a touch. When the weather permits, he’ll go hammer and tong no doubt, but the helter is not as skelter these days.

"Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin"!

Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.

Eddie Howe; the helter in your skelter!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Benitez who is rotting in China will die to be hired at Bournemouth, but Bournemouth will not even consider him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Meanwhile, The Unemployed One rots at home.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

6th in the league :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Eddie Howe reminds me of David Moyes, works well on a show string budget but move to a top side and they fail miserably, he should not get tempted to think he deserves a better team, if anything Bournemouth should give him some good transfer funds so he can build and make the team better, perhaps break into the top 6, just like Brendan Rogers is doing for Leicester
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marko wrote:Eddie Howe reminds me of David Moyes, works well on a show string budget but move to a top side and they fail miserably, he should not get tempted to think he deserves a better team, if anything Bournemouth should give him some good transfer funds so he can build and make the team better, perhaps break into the top 6, just like Brendan Rogers is doing for Leicester
Meanwhile Bournemouth just beat ManU and is on top of them in the table. Go figure!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
marko wrote:Eddie Howe reminds me of David Moyes, works well on a show string budget but move to a top side and they fail miserably, he should not get tempted to think he deserves a better team, if anything Bournemouth should give him some good transfer funds so he can build and make the team better, perhaps break into the top 6, just like Brendan Rogers is doing for Leicester
Meanwhile Bournemouth just beat ManU and is on top of them in the table. Go figure!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: no one takes marko seriously. afterall, Man Utd players are as good as PSGs :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh !TFCO, where at thou :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:Meanwhile, The Unemployed One rots at home.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

what a masterminded performance by Eddie Howe at Stamford Bridge. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Completely outcoach Frank.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

txj wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:The king of helter skelter....

Yeah, he'll do well with England... :rotf: :rotf:
Yep. Right on cue as expected. There's no England manager coaching that can ever be good enough in your books. No surprises. :rotf:

Given very limited resources (12k capacity stadium and all) and in relation to the type of football they play (more continental than british), pound for pound, Eddie Howe is one of the best managers in England.
The English are generally daft about the game, although they make the most noise! It used to be that Nigerians could see thru the hype...Now they swallow the marketing blitz voraciously!

Watching Eddie Howe's teams is like watching bunny rabbits in a park in the spring!

He may be the best pound for pound English manager, but that doesn't say much.

And if you want to relate limited resources to quality of football, then you are even further off the point it bothers on ridiculous.

Ever heard of Getafe and Jose Bordalas? Ever heard of their campaign (tongue in cheek) for sperm donations as a way to increase their fan base?

perhaps Grenada under Setien; or more currently under Martinez?

What about Sassoulo?

Pls don't talk about limited resources in reference to an English team....
You're very prejudice to begin with so getting any unbiased comment from you is like expecting The spiritual leader of Iran to invite Netanyahu for a groupie.

Howe has done very well with the resources he's got. He doesn't have to play like Barcelona before you admit he's been effective. The resource he has might be incapable of Barcelonaesque type of football but for once give credit. Your too know is so damn annoying :curse:

You can at least try and comprehend the point being made, rather than typically act like a stupid, dirty spudite!

Who talked about Barcelona? You!

The teams I cited are not exactly Barcelonaesque (except perhaps for Setien)...Nobody who wasn't daft would accuse Getafe of such "heresy"....

I'm talking about organization or lack thereof. Having a bunch pf players running helter skelter is not and cannot be a model I would admire.

And lets just get off this crap about the resources Eddie Howe has. You should compare it to what the likes of Getafe, Grenada, Eibar or Leganes has, and then compare the quality of their products...

What point? Helter skelter? isn't that a hip hop group.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Chief Oga Ejikemoh Howe masterfully steering Bournemouth towards the dogfight.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It’s only Graham Potter, breaking all the pots in the potteries over Howe’s head. VAR to the rescue, armpit once more.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Must say, Mooy has looked anything but moi-moi all game. Talented Mr Ripley, Ejikemoh Howe no answer to ‘its only Graham Potter’. Top drawer Eddie staring at the trapdoor. How long before Oga Chairman offers the dreaded vote of confidence?

Hurricane Howe odds on for the chop.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Howe long left for Ejikemoh at the Cherries? David “no be Moi-Moi” Moyes, handling a whole YouTube champion! Can’t help but feel Ejikemoh should’ve taken the Arsenal job.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

B*Mouth trailing 3 to love!
Howe about that?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ejikemoh is a top, top coach, unfortunately, King David is top, top, top drawer.