Eddie Howe

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Cristao II »

Joelington played midfield under Bruce... if i recall correctly.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:22 am Joelington played midfield under Bruce... if i recall correctly.

Not quite. Behind Wilson in a 2-man strike force.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:22 am Joelington played midfield under Bruce... if i recall correctly.
:rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

txj wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:31 pm

Thanks. My memory didn't recall correctly. It means Spurs played Newcastle after Bruce was sacked. Thought it was before.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its okay to admit you dont know or you are wrong. No need to try to play it out. :rotf: :rotf:

The first time Joelinton played as a CM was against Norwich, after Clark was red-carded.

Tottenham vs. Newcastle was 6 games before that when Steve Bruce was the coach and Played Joelinton on the left wing.

Cristao II wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:36 pm
txj wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:31 pm

Thanks. My memory didn't recall correctly. It means Spurs played Newcastle after Bruce was sacked. Thought it was before.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Newcastle 1 - 0 Aston Villa

- 4 points clear of the bottom 3
- 1 game in hand, above Norwich.

Eddie Howe is beginning to influence Newcastle.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Seems Eddie Howe has moved Newcastle to 14th position. Man doing his job quietly and calmly.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:00 pm Seems Eddie Howe has moved Newcastle to 14th position. Man doing his job quietly and calmly.
Good candidate for Spurs job?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:30 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:00 pm Seems Eddie Howe has moved Newcastle to 14th position. Man doing his job quietly and calmly.
Good candidate for Spurs job?
Even if he is offered the job, why would he leave the Newcastle project? 13 games to go, can still finish in the top 10 and summer, would have an unlimited budget. What demon would possess him to leave that project? :lol:

Considering he has been mocked by some people and accused of not being good enough... this is his chance to prove that with resources and ambition, he can actually compete at the highest level.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its funny how in a short time, he has outperformed the likes of Benitez and Bruce.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:07 pm Its funny how in a short time, he has outperformed the likes of Benitez and Bruce.
Out performed, guy, he started winning after they brought in re-inforcement. Bruce kept them in EPL with those horrible basement players. Bruce would have survived if he had money to bring the players Eddie brought in. Let us not forget , he looked lost when he first came in, then in came Trippier who singehandedly gave him six points from the 2 goals from free kick. There was a time when their main striker is down with injury, the substitute is Joel or Gayle, but now they have the Burnley striker even while Wilson the main striker is out.

Eddie is a decent coach, but without the money to bring in those players , he would have seen NC to relegation with those horrible players he met.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:49 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:07 pm Its funny how in a short time, he has outperformed the likes of Benitez and Bruce.
Out performed, guy, he started winning after they brought in re-inforcement. Bruce kept them in EPL with those horrible basement players. Bruce would have survived if he had money to bring the players Eddie brought in. Let us not forget , he looked lost when he first came in, then in came Trippier who singehandedly gave him six points from the 2 goals from free kick. There was a time when their main striker is down with injury, the substitute is Joel or Gayle, but now they have the Burnley striker even while Wilson the main striker is out.

Eddie is a decent coach, but without the money to bring in those players , he would have seen NC to relegation with those horrible players he met.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Uncle abeg no make me laugh.

Trippier is not a top footballer and thats why Atleti has been trying to get rid of him? And has been injured the last 3 games?

Targatt was a benchwamer at Aston Villa. Basement level players like Dan Burn and Wood? :rotf: :rotf: Uncle, even you sef go laugh at the names of those players :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

By the way Steve Bruce, who would have done so well, found another job. he is at West Brom now. Guess what?
Rafa Benitez went to Everton, where he has top players. He spent more money to buy players who are better than Trippier, Targatt, Burn and Wood. Guess what?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:20 pm
oloye wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:49 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Uncle abeg no make me laugh.

Trippier is not a top footballer and thats why Atleti has been trying to get rid of him? And has been injured the last 3 games?

Targatt was a benchwamer at Aston Villa. Basement level players like Dan Burn and Wood? :rotf: :rotf: Uncle, even you sef go laugh at the names of those players :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You can laugh if you want to. Never said they were great players that were brought in ,I compared them to what they have,that is the context. And as I said Trippier got them 6 points already, that is a lot for a team struggling to survive. They don't need to sign world class players to beat relegation, they just need decent players than the ones they have, players who can offer them something different.

When i mentioned Trippier , i did not say that he is world class player, i simply mentioned that he got them 6 points, that is what they need most now, points. When i mentioned Woods, i did not say he was a world class player, but he definitely gives them a better option that Gayle, while they wait for Wilson to recover from injury, thus freeing Joelignton to continue his marvelous run in the middle. The team was severely restricted in terms of playing personel. They got in Burns from Brighton another decent center half, much better than the ones they have already. He has come in and made their defence stronger. For a team fighting relegation, these are the things that matters, no world class player would leave their current team to go join a team fighting relegation.

It is that simple. But I know that since Rafa is mentioned here, you will love the narrative of the thread no, wahala :D .
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

But I genuinely have respect for Eddie, enjoyed watching what he did with Bournemouth, and am not surprised at all at the progress he is making at Newcastle, new players helping of course but you have to give him credit. Another one slowly making great strides and playing good football at the same time is Graham Potter, I know his team is struggling at the mo, but his body of work is commendable.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ejikemoh is merely Tyneside's Mark Hughes of Man City, there is no longevity in his role at Newcastle, survival and then succumb to the quest for brand. Much like Lampard at Chelsea once the summer passes, the pursuit will be for any opportunity to be shot of Eji and bring in a brand builder. That being said, with the additions, he's faired well and seemingly set a course for survival. To suggest Stegosaurus Bruce would've achieved the same is laughable, brought in to tilt the withering Baggies back towards promotion, Bruce has all but assured West Brom of another season in the Championship. And the football, absolutely atrocious, raking long balls to the inebriated Andy Carrol and a bellowing battlecry of "get stuck in", that old tactical masterstroke. Surely this has to be the last stand of the dinosaur.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Quickfire double by Ejikemoh. What’s happened to, once upon a time, “new Eddie Howe” Jideofor Potter. Brighton seem beached.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

next Season, bobo will have a huge wazobia to buy players
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 pm next Season, bobo will have a huge wazobia to buy players
They have a huge rebuild on their hands, because this team is still a relegation team. I watched the second half and the mistakes the players were making just showed me why they were/are fighting relegation.

That said, Howe and Newcastle have to be sensible. They should build brick-by-brick and expectations should be kept low. Next season, they should pass on the message that top 8 is what they are fighting for. Any attempt to stupidly push for the title or even top 4 could cause them serious problems.

I would say the positions they should look to bring in next season-- trying not to overspend should be:

RB - Max Aarons (Norwich)
CB - Tarkowski (Burnley) - free
CB - Diogo Carlons (Sevilla) or Sven Botman (Lille)
LB - Targatt (Aston Villa) - Loan him again or buy Omar Richards (Bayern)

CM - Ward-Prowse (Southampton) or Ryan Gravenbech (Ajax) or Todd Cantwell (Norwich) or Wr
CAM/SS - Nkunku (Leipzig) - a must

RW - Raphinha (Leeds) or Antony (Ajax)

ST - Etikite (Riems) or get Podence (Wolves) [and use him as false nine + improve your wing options]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:08 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 pm next Season, bobo will have a huge wazobia to buy players
They have a huge rebuild on their hands, because this team is still a relegation team. I watched the second half and the mistakes the players were making just showed me why they were/are fighting relegation.

That said, Howe and Newcastle have to be sensible. They should build brick-by-brick and expectations should be kept low. Next season, they should pass on the message that top 8 is what they are fighting for. Any attempt to stupidly push for the title or even top 4 could cause them serious problems.

I would say the positions they should look to bring in next season-- trying not to overspend should be:

RB - Max Aarons (Norwich)
CB - Tarkowski (Burnley) - free
CB - Diogo Carlons (Sevilla) or Sven Botman (Lille)
LB - Targatt (Aston Villa) - Loan him again or buy Omar Richards (Bayern)

CM - Ward-Prowse (Southampton) or Ryan Gravenbech (Ajax) or Todd Cantwell (Norwich) or Wr
CAM/SS - Nkunku (Leipzig) - a must

RW - Raphinha (Leeds) or Antony (Ajax)

ST - Etikite (Riems) or get Podence (Wolves) [and use him as false nine + improve your wing options]
Nkunku will be massive ` Going to be very exciting to see what they do next season
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Trippier out injured for weeks, Wilson out, Joelinton out, Saint-Maximin out! A sh1t front 3 of Fraser - Wood - Murphy,.... "but but but ... they spent money" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:39 am Trippier out injured for weeks, Wilson out, Joelinton out, Saint-Maximin out! A sh1t front 3 of Fraser - Wood - Murphy,.... "but but but ... they spent money" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
newcastle is Chelsea's boogie team. and they play on Sunday
SuperEagles