Newcastle owners, the Richest in the Premier league

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Newcastle owners, the Richest in the Premier league

Post by furiously frank »

Coach wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:36 pm A dismissal well earned and thoroughly deserved. Stevosaurus Bruce, the last vestige of Jurassic Park, is a fossil long overdue. Moving forward, Newcastle need to be thoughtful in their next appointment and avoid falling for the media’s championing of Great British stalwarts to save St James. Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard are on heavy rotation.

Is Premiership experience a prerequisite? Perhaps not. More important than rounds in the ring is a functional philosophy and footballing identity, characteristics Bruce lacked with aplomb.
It might be my last job - Bruce
, published at14:15 20 October
Steve Bruce has spoken out on the pain and frustration of his time at Newcastle, having left the club by mutual consent.

In an exclusive interview with the Daily Telegraph,, external Bruce said: "I think it might be my last job. It has been very, very tough. To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail and saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a tactically inept cabbage head."

Bruce took charge of his 1,000th game as a manager in Sunday's defeat by Tottenham. The former Manchester United defender has managed 10 clubs - including Wigan Athletic twice - since 1998.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ArsenaL definitly now a mid table team
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Barrister Oga Unai Emeribe appointed High Chief of Tyneside.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Emery has turned down the Newcastle offer at the very last minute.
Newcastle don suffer. :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:00 pm Emery has turned down the Newcastle offer at the very last minute.

Chai !! the man likes his peace ...UK journo for chop am alive
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:00 pm Emery has turned down the Newcastle offer at the very last minute.
I would make same decision in his shoes. This is not the right time to join Newcastle. Imagine being mentioned in same sentence as Eddie Howe. #BS
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

so the money in newcastle can only eddie howe ? na wa

...Socrates
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:10 pm so the money in newcastle can only eddie howe ? na wa
Wasn't he the third choice after Erik ten Hag and Conte ? :?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Eddie Howe in. 2.5 years deal.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:10 pm so the money in newcastle can only eddie howe ? na wa
Newcastle must do everything in their power not to go the PSG way. If they can build step by step with Howe, its not a bad idea.

Their first and foremost move now is to make sure they stay out of the bottom 3 before New Years. Then by January, do 2-3 very very strategic purchases and add about 2 very important strong loans, to make sure they stay in the division. Then in the summer, they do their proper clearout!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:33 pm
Newcastle must do everything in their power not to go the PSG way. If they can build step by step with Howe, its not a bad idea.

Their first and foremost move now is to make sure they stay out of the bottom 3 before New Years. Then by January, do 2-3 very very strategic purchases and add about 2 very important strong loans, to make sure they stay in the division. Then in the summer, they do their proper clearout!
:agree: :agree:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Evangelist Ejikemoh Howe in. Nno.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I just remembered that Ryan Fraser was probably the reason Eddie Howe lost his job at Bournemouth . :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:08 pm I just remembered that Ryan Fraser was probably the reason Eddie Howe lost his job at Bournemouth . :lol: :lol: :lol:
How and why?
Langston Hughes, 1923
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

furiously frank wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:27 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:08 pm I just remembered that Ryan Fraser was probably the reason Eddie Howe lost his job at Bournemouth . :lol: :lol: :lol:
How and why?
If i remember correctly, Fraser was one of his best players are bournemouth and was unbelievable under Howe. He used to terrorize the hell out of teams and sometimes was undefendable.

If you remember, his contract was up during 2020 Covid year, when the league was shut down. when the league came back adn was extended, some players who were out of contract chose to renew their contracts with their clubs for 2 months to "help." Fraser said lie lie to lie lie :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: refused to risk injury because he wanted to get free agency (which was entirely his right, by the way). He left Bournemouth "in the middle of battle" and they got relegated that season and Howe was fired, thereafter.

Most coaches, like any other profession, will lose complete trust in the player/person! Any person will think-- "we were under the knife, dying and you walked out on us. How can i ever trust you?? how can I ever count on you, when I know that you always put yourself first??"

Of course, Fraser's decision was not personal to Howe. He did what he did for his career. However, I can imagine that Howe has to feel that this is a person he cant trust.

But who knows!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I think this is a good appointment for Newcastle, they have no need to shoot for the stars right away.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:24 am
furiously frank wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:27 pm
How and why?
If i remember correctly, Fraser was one of his best players are bournemouth and was unbelievable under Howe. He used to terrorize the hell out of teams and sometimes was undefendable.

If you remember, his contract was up during 2020 Covid year, when the league was shut down. when the league came back adn was extended, some players who were out of contract chose to renew their contracts with their clubs for 2 months to "help." Fraser said lie lie to lie lie :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: refused to risk injury because he wanted to get free agency (which was entirely his right, by the way). He left Bournemouth "in the middle of battle" and they got relegated that season and Howe was fired, thereafter.

Most coaches, like any other profession, will lose complete trust in the player/person! Any person will think-- "we were under the knife, dying and you walked out on us. How can i ever trust you?? how can I ever count on you, when I know that you always put yourself first??"

Of course, Fraser's decision was not personal to Howe. He did what he did for his career. However, I can imagine that Howe has to feel that this is a person he cant trust.

But who knows!
Thanks. Let's see how their relationship goes from here...
Langston Hughes, 1923
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Very correct Danfo, interesting times for Fraser indeed.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

In other news, Aston Villa have appointed Steven Gérard as manager.
I know his Rangers team has been doing well, has anyone had the chance to watch some of Rangers matches especially in Europe, how are they set up.

And also there are reports that the Liverpool sporting director Micheal Edwards may be on his way to Newcastle
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:15 pm In other news, Aston Villa have appointed Steven Gérard as manager.
I know his Rangers team has been doing well, has anyone had the chance to watch some of Rangers matches especially in Europe, how are they set up.

And also there are reports that the Liverpool sporting director Micheal Edwards may be on his way to Newcastle
Edwards said no new job was lined up. Though one could think that the timing was impeccable.

aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

These Arabs are ruining football. They should use their money to alleviate poverty in their countries and neighboring countries
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

aykwes8 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:22 am These Arabs are ruining football. They should use their money to alleviate poverty in their countries and neighboring countries

They are diversifying something Nigeria should have done during the boom....

- Global infrastructure ( ports , real estate etc , roads, rail, air, power alternative energy )
- Sports and entertainment
- Fintech
Yada yada

another name for money laundering and washing :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

...Socrates