The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Posts: 10115
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:We overestimated the coaching abilities of Mikel, i rememeber Pep saying several times that Mikel prepared the team tactics Manc beat us with. He won a FA cup in his 1st season but we cannot project no more - i watch my team & stay clueless as to what they're about.
Props to Emery - the final is for ManU to lose. Emery like David Moyles at WH is reborn but the funk they left behind them can't be washed away. What Tuchel has done @Chelsea with Lampard's players undermines the scream for 9/10 new players.
You cannot go far in our league & Europe playing high touch ball!!!
-----------------------------------------------
@Stillberto
It wasn’t working for Leicester with Puel, sacked him and got Rodgers. It wasn’t working for Chelsea with Lampard, sacked him and got Tuchel. It stopped working for Liverpool with Rodgers, sacked him and got Klopp. We overestimate the impact of saving managers.
People who are clever with hindsight but not so clever in real time are snakes. Also, why mention the successful replacements as if it is the norm. The fact is, most coaching replacements fail, that is the norm. Tuchel and Rodgers are not the norm in football.

Our problem at Arsenal which to be fair has been written about in the past by @Stillberto is the regressive nature of our offense. Mikel's style so struggles to stress deep block teams mainly cos of the ponderous build up.
In the case of managers, you have to get the right manager(difficult but not impossible) - Tuchel was let go by PSG yet has totally turned around a Lampard squad. My feeling is that LCFC is Rodger's level - the bigger the club, the bigger the pressure - no dissing of Celtics(I mean EPL).
All that stated, how long does one stay believing in the process when errors keep getting repeated. It won't be the 1st time, Mikel might just be a better asst than a head coach.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Posts: 10115
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by tolahs »

Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:We overestimated the coaching abilities of Mikel, i rememeber Pep saying several times that Mikel prepared the team tactics Manc beat us with. He won a FA cup in his 1st season but we cannot project no more - i watch my team & stay clueless as to what they're about.
Props to Emery - the final is for ManU to lose. Emery like David Moyles at WH is reborn but the funk they left behind them can't be washed away. What Tuchel has done @Chelsea with Lampard's players undermines the scream for 9/10 new players.
You cannot go far in our league & Europe playing high touch ball!!!
-----------------------------------------------
@Stillberto
It wasn’t working for Leicester with Puel, sacked him and got Rodgers. It wasn’t working for Chelsea with Lampard, sacked him and got Tuchel. It stopped working for Liverpool with Rodgers, sacked him and got Klopp. We overestimate the impact of saving managers.

Good Ebening,
Please change the “WE” to you and your ilk, my good man.
Enjoy the carnage ...
Enough of us did & he slayed some great teams to win us that F.A cup. That you want to keep idolising a geezer who a in couple of yrs has gone from managing PSG to Villareal is kinda curious.
ManU judged Moyes by what he did while with them not what he's doing with the Hammers, PSG had to let Tuchel go.
Mikel like Unai is from Basque country, in my humble opinion we must stay away from the Basque going forward. they've a habit of over thinking tactics - they both talk a good game.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Posts: 93468
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Bigpokey24 »

assanal fans less talking and focus on the green grass.. you people are not up there with the top club, you've regressed every season.. let me google the last time assanal were in the champs league

This is what assanal can boast of
the final of the UEFA Cup in 2000 and the Europa League in 2019, and became the first London team to appear in a UEFA Champions League final, in 2006.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
azuka
Posts: 6968
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Azuka my big Bro.
Come out and defend her guy Sir :sneaky:
My brother to say I am disappointed is an understatement. Arteta has simply let everyone down, due to his poor man management. This issue is beyond tactics. No matter what tactics he coms up with, he simply can't motivate the players anymore. The signs are there since for any discerning football follower to see.
Don't get me wrong, technically and tactically Arteta will be a great coach one day. And to do that he simply need to do better in his squad/team building. In other words, man management. This is his biggest problem. Buidling a squad is more than making a list of players. It is more than that.
This is the hard lesson he will learn to make it in future. Unfortunately i don't see that being at Arsenal.
It's sad really.
Nnayi, e be like sey your eye don dey clear small small? Are you ready to do the needful? so i can loosen my grip? :D
Nnayi Azuzu, ke du? :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I dey kampe my brother. No shaking.
It's still Gunner for life.

Did i forsee the future with that post especially the highlighted part. When I made that post i was called names. Now here we are.
Last edited by azuka on Fri May 07, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Sleaky72 »

tolahs wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
tolahs wrote:We overestimated the coaching abilities of Mikel, i rememeber Pep saying several times that Mikel prepared the team tactics Manc beat us with. He won a FA cup in his 1st season but we cannot project no more - i watch my team & stay clueless as to what they're about.
Props to Emery - the final is for ManU to lose. Emery like David Moyles at WH is reborn but the funk they left behind them can't be washed away. What Tuchel has done @Chelsea with Lampard's players undermines the scream for 9/10 new players.
You cannot go far in our league & Europe playing high touch ball!!!
-----------------------------------------------
@Stillberto
It wasn’t working for Leicester with Puel, sacked him and got Rodgers. It wasn’t working for Chelsea with Lampard, sacked him and got Tuchel. It stopped working for Liverpool with Rodgers, sacked him and got Klopp. We overestimate the impact of saving managers.

Good Ebening,
Please change the “WE” to you and your ilk, my good man.
Enjoy the carnage ...
Enough of us did & he slayed some great teams to win us that F.A cup. That you want to keep idolising a geezer who a in couple of yrs has gone from managing PSG to Villareal is kinda curious.
ManU judged Moyes by what he did while with them not what he's doing with the Hammers, PSG had to let Tuchel go.
Mikel like Unai is from Basque country, in my humble opinion we must stay away from the Basque going forward. they've a habit of over thinking tactics - they both talk a good game.

Son, please stop with the stereotypes.
Unless ya know everyone from Basque country
in person then chill out.
Bottom line is that you were wrong and continue
to be obstinate and are now flailing around.
Your Hero Mikel has failed and you were warned
but buried yer head in the sand and dug in.
Emery that y’all abused me and him for has now smacked
y’all in the face but you’re still frothin and Joshin about.
You were WRONG!
Deal with it and Good Ebening :sneaky:

And speaking of coaching journeys have you looked at
Ancelotti or Mourinho’s CV?
MILAN-PSG-MADRID and now Everton?
What say you about that?
Rafa went from LaLiga winner to Liverpool to Chelsea and China, so what does that mean?
Yer hero Wenger couldn’t even get a look in anywhere ... even Villareal wouldn’t touch Wenger :sneaky:
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
azuka
Posts: 6968
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by azuka »

tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:We overestimated the coaching abilities of Mikel, i rememeber Pep saying several times that Mikel prepared the team tactics Manc beat us with. He won a FA cup in his 1st season but we cannot project no more - i watch my team & stay clueless as to what they're about.
Props to Emery - the final is for ManU to lose. Emery like David Moyles at WH is reborn but the funk they left behind them can't be washed away. What Tuchel has done @Chelsea with Lampard's players undermines the scream for 9/10 new players.
You cannot go far in our league & Europe playing high touch ball!!!
-----------------------------------------------
@Stillberto
It wasn’t working for Leicester with Puel, sacked him and got Rodgers. It wasn’t working for Chelsea with Lampard, sacked him and got Tuchel. It stopped working for Liverpool with Rodgers, sacked him and got Klopp. We overestimate the impact of saving managers.
People who are clever with hindsight but not so clever in real time are snakes. Also, why mention the successful replacements as if it is the norm. The fact is, most coaching replacements fail, that is the norm. Tuchel and Rodgers are not the norm in football.
Our problem at Arsenal which to be fair has been written about in the past by @Stillberto is the regressive nature of our offense. Mikel's style so struggles to stress deep block teams mainly cos of the ponderous build up.
In the case of managers, you have to get the right manager(difficult but not impossible) - Tuchel was let go by PSG yet has totally turned around a Lampard squad. My feeling is that LCFC is Rodger's level - the bigger the club, the bigger the pressure - no dissing of Celtics(I mean EPL).
All that stated, how long does one stay believing in the process when errors keep getting repeated. It won't be the 1st time, Mikel might just be a better asst than a head coach.
Our problem starts from the top. We have rookies running around like headless chickens in the name of running the club. And to worsen it we have a rookie coach who does not know how to form a squad. He won last season with the team he met on ground. And this season when he has opportunity to form his own team, he messed up greatly. Do you know Arsenal did not register it's full compliment of players for the season with EPL? Why? Because we could not make the quota of home grown players. Yet the home grown players Arteta met on ground he either sold them or scattered them.

Solutions:
1. Get a CEO to head the rookies running amock in the club. And who better to do this than AW. Yes get AW back to run the club in a management position.
2. Fire Arteta. Yes and Now. That way a new coach can be appointed in time for pre-season. The new coach can then now access the players available including those on loans to figure out what we need.
Last edited by azuka on Fri May 07, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sleaky72
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Sleaky72 »

Azuka what do you think about Graham Potter
User avatar
azuka
Posts: 6968
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:Azuka what do you think about Graham Potter
To coach Arsenal? Hell no. It will be like jumping from frying pan (Arsenal) to Fire (Graham Porter). Don't get me wrong he might be a good coach, but the task at Arsenal is a rebuilding one. I doubt if he can do that. Just like it was beyond Arteta's capability so it will be with him too.

With hindsight now, it was so wrong to appoint not only a rookie coach but one who has never named a team before for such a gigantic task.
User avatar
green4life
Posts: 43485
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by green4life »

Just 1 goal though? Damn.

I didn’t expect Arsenal to go out like this: goalless draw at home in a game where just 1-0 completes the job to reach the finals and extend their outside hope for CL next season via Europa Trophy. And against Villarreal of all teams AT HOME? Ah ah now. Mba. I no gree.
User avatar
danfo driver
Posts: 18487
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:Just 1 goal though? Damn.

I didn’t expect Arsenal to go out like this: goalless draw at home in a game where just 1-0 completes the job to reach the finals and extend their outside hope for CL next season via Europa Trophy. And against Villarreal of all teams AT HOME? Ah ah now. Mba. I no gree.
To be fair, they were unlucky. They outplayed Sevilla and hit the post twice i think.

Arteta also out-coached Emery. I am not saying he is a better coach because Emery has titles and Arteta is languishing in bottom half of the table. But he out-coached Emery in both games.
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
danfo driver
Posts: 18487
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Azuka my big Bro.
Come out and defend her guy Sir :sneaky:
My brother to say I am disappointed is an understatement. Arteta has simply let everyone down, due to his poor man management. This issue is beyond tactics. No matter what tactics he coms up with, he simply can't motivate the players anymore. The signs are there since for any discerning football follower to see.
Don't get me wrong, technically and tactically Arteta will be a great coach one day. And to do that he simply need to do better in his squad/team building. In other words, man management. This is his biggest problem. Buidling a squad is more than making a list of players. It is more than that.
This is the hard lesson he will learn to make it in future. Unfortunately i don't see that being at Arsenal.
It's sad really.
Nnayi, e be like sey your eye don dey clear small small? Are you ready to do the needful? so i can loosen my grip? :D
Nnayi Azuzu, ke du? :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I dey kampe my brother. No shaking.
It's still Gunner for life.

Did i forsee the future with that post especially the highlighted part. When I made that post i was called names. Now here we are.
Diopka,

Are you ready to come and do the needful? :D
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Tunisian Gooner
Posts: 16795
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Location: El-Menzah

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Unless KSE sells the Arsenal I don't see a scenario where the Arsenal undertake the total reboot required to restore clubs status domestically and in Europe.

New manager, new players it's irrelevant, under this leadership the Arsenal are doomed to fail.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
User avatar
Siddonlook11
Posts: 9961
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Canada

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:Just 1 goal though? Damn.

I didn’t expect Arsenal to go out like this: goalless draw at home in a game where just 1-0 completes the job to reach the finals and extend their outside hope for CL next season via Europa Trophy. And against Villarreal of all teams AT HOME? Ah ah now. Mba. I no gree.
To be fair, they were unlucky. They outplayed Sevilla and hit the post twice i think.

Arteta also out-coached Emery. I am not saying he is a better coach because Emery has titles and Arteta is languishing in bottom half of the table. But he out-coached Emery in both games.

Troubemaker !! Sevilla ke ?

Both of them were not good for Arsenal - Sadly the current owners and management have no clue and dont have the balls required to make a big call. And I dont think any coach worth his salt now will want to touch the Arsenal project.

Maybe they should hire Olise :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Azuka what do you think about Graham Potter
To coach Arsenal? Hell no. It will be like jumping from frying pan (Arsenal) to Fire (Graham Porter). Don't get me wrong he might be a good coach, but the task at Arsenal is a rebuilding one. I doubt if he can do that. Just like it was beyond Arteta's capability so it will be with him too.

With hindsight now, it was so wrong to appoint not only a rookie coach but one who has never named a team before for such a gigantic task.
Chief I like his style of play and his no nonsense approach
to petulant players. Plus if he can bring Bissouma with him
then we become instantly better.

Personally I’d sell Pepe and Joe Willock who scored again today to
newcastle for Saint Maimimin. We need an impact forward and someone who can make things happen.
Saka can’t keep carrying the load on his own
User avatar
azuka
Posts: 6968
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Azuka what do you think about Graham Potter
To coach Arsenal? Hell no. It will be like jumping from frying pan (Arsenal) to Fire (Graham Porter). Don't get me wrong he might be a good coach, but the task at Arsenal is a rebuilding one. I doubt if he can do that. Just like it was beyond Arteta's capability so it will be with him too.

With hindsight now, it was so wrong to appoint not only a rookie coach but one who has never named a team before for such a gigantic task.
Chief I like his style of play and his no nonsense approach
to petulant players. Plus if he can bring Bissouma with him
then we become instantly better.

Personally I’d sell Pepe and Joe Willock who scored again today to
newcastle for Saint Maimimin. We need an impact forward and someone who can make things happen.
Saka can’t keep carrying the load on his own
My brother it is not about style of play. Arsenal need to REBUILD. And that's basically what Arteta is having an issue to do. Rebuild from scratch. Can Graham Porter. Forget Bissouma, the players we have are they properly being used to bring out the best in them.

And if you want an impact player, i will go for Traore in Wolves as long as we have a coach that knows how to use him. No point buying for buying sake. TP is an example.

An example is Willock who today scored again. A wonderful goal for that matter. The same Willock thriving today in the Newcastle, but yet Arteta never found a use for him. If that doesn't tell you anything then i doubt if anything will.

Sell Willock? Do you know every home grown player sold s equivalen to 2 nominal players. Do you know we did make our quota of home-grown players and such didn't register our full compliment of EPL players for the season?
User avatar
azuka
Posts: 6968
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by azuka »

And for those thinking of Brenden Rogers as a possible replacement for Arteta, ask yourself is it that his teams don't last the distance. We saw that at Liverpool. We are seeing again at Leicester City.

I am curious. Why?
User avatar
benteke
Posts: 8425
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by benteke »

azuka wrote:And for those thinking of Brenden Rogers as a possible replacement for Arteta, ask yourself is it that his teams don't last the distance. We saw that at Liverpool. We are seeing again at Leicester City.

I am curious. Why?
Rogers is more a case of overachieving and suffering for it at the wrong time.
Leicester has been having those surprise losses all season.
The unlucky thing for Rogers is that Leicester 's last 3 games are nightmare fixtures in any situation, so the result will be that this will be seen as another collapse.
But he is better off staying with Leicester and Arsenal might as well stick to Arteta and see how he does in the next season or so....
User avatar
Skylolo
Posts: 16389
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Skylolo »

Wenger out.... :roll:
To God be the glory
kajifu
Posts: 39318
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:And for those thinking of Brenden Rogers as a possible replacement for Arteta, ask yourself is it that his teams don't last the distance. We saw that at Liverpool. We are seeing again at Leicester City.

I am curious. Why?
Rogers team play better when face with top teams,when his team doesnt have possession they counter and play well compare when they play teams that sit deep and allow Leicester to keep the ball.
Tough 3 last games of the season but at this point they need back City to beat chelsea and they get even a draw against Chelsea before facing spurs on last day.
User avatar
benteke
Posts: 8425
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
azuka wrote:And for those thinking of Brenden Rogers as a possible replacement for Arteta, ask yourself is it that his teams don't last the distance. We saw that at Liverpool. We are seeing again at Leicester City.

I am curious. Why?
Rogers team play better when face with top teams,when his team doesnt have possession they counter and play well compare when they play teams that sit deep and allow Leicester to keep the ball.
Tough 3 last games of the season but at this point they need back City to beat chelsea and they get even a draw against Chelsea before facing spurs on last day.
You have a good point.
Especially if you look at most of Leicester losses.

But I'd like to say when he was managing Liverpool that time he had his SAS front 3, Liverpool was playing some football that scared me, but it was all about Suarez mostly and some Coutinho.
The guy was working with the likes of Joe Allen and keeper being Mignolet, and some random defenders :biggrin:
Sleaky72
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:12 am

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Azuka what do you think about Graham Potter
To coach Arsenal? Hell no. It will be like jumping from frying pan (Arsenal) to Fire (Graham Porter). Don't get me wrong he might be a good coach, but the task at Arsenal is a rebuilding one. I doubt if he can do that. Just like it was beyond Arteta's capability so it will be with him too.

With hindsight now, it was so wrong to appoint not only a rookie coach but one who has never named a team before for such a gigantic task.
Chief I like his style of play and his no nonsense approach
to petulant players. Plus if he can bring Bissouma with him
then we become instantly better.

Personally I’d sell Pepe and Joe Willock who scored again today to
newcastle for Saint Maimimin. We need an impact forward and someone who can make things happen.
Saka can’t keep carrying the load on his own
My brother it is not about style of play. Arsenal need to REBUILD. And that's basically what Arteta is having an issue to do. Rebuild from scratch. Can Graham Porter. Forget Bissouma, the players we have are they properly being used to bring out the best in them.

And if you want an impact player, i will go for Traore in Wolves as long as we have a coach that knows how to use him. No point buying for buying sake. TP is an example.

An example is Willock who today scored again. A wonderful goal for that matter. The same Willock thriving today in the Newcastle, but yet Arteta never found a use for him. If that doesn't tell you anything then i doubt if anything will.

Sell Willock? Do you know every home grown player sold s equivalen to 2 nominal players. Do you know we did make our quota of home-grown players and such didn't register our full compliment of EPL players for the season?



Chief I will sell 30 Willocks and 50 Pepe’s if we can raise money
for Bissouma and Saint Maximin. That boy is a live wire pain in the a$$
Wing forward with pace and power that terrifies most defenders.

The biggest problem with Mikel is that no one including himself knows what
he’s trying to achieve. There are no discernible patterns of play except constantly recycling the ball backwards.

As for homegrown midfielders you certainly haven’t seen Miguel Azeez play.
User avatar
danfo driver
Posts: 18487
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by danfo driver »

Kajifu,

Nno!
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply