The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I see you are now using your sense to compare Villa to Villa .

In the beginning of the season it was Villa to Arsenal ... as it does not fit your narrative , its now villa to villa

Sense no go kill you o :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Arsenal need to sack Arteta asap....from what I'm hearing, he hasn't got a clue when it comes to selecting players he wants for to acquire for next season.
He is already at loggerheads with Edu.....right now it's looking like next will be worse for him
Remember when i mentioned the issue of "building a team" as Arteta's biggest problem?
You also said Arteta was a generational coach and we need to extend his contract before someone
else comes in and snags him :sneaky: :sneaky:
Sorry bruv .. I couldn’t resist :tic:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Arsenal need to sack Arteta asap....from what I'm hearing, he hasn't got a clue when it comes to selecting players he wants for to acquire for next season.
He is already at loggerheads with Edu.....right now it's looking like next will be worse for him
Remember when i mentioned the issue of "building a team" as Arteta's biggest problem?
You also said Arteta was a generational coach and we need to extend his contract before someone
No don't be sorry. I did say so and still believe one day he will turn out well. But a lot happened this season that make me think it all over again. Choosing a coach who never coach a team before, even a youth team is after all a BIG mistake. This was very obvious all through the season. And that is the biggest teething problem he needs to overcome.

If I were him i will re-jiggle me support crew. Bring in experienced hands who can look him in the eye and say no to some of his decisions. That will help him a lot. We all saw what he achieved with squad he met on ground. And how he scattered that team and what he achieved with the squad he came up with.

Despite all that, i still believe he will turn out to be a great coach in the calibre of Pep, Tuchel, Klopp and the likes. But for sure won't be at Arsenal. Arsenal will simply be a learning curve for him A steep one in fact.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:
No don't be sorry. I did say so and still believe one day he will turn out well. But a lot happened this season that make me think it all over again. Choosing a coach who never coach a team before, even a youth team is after all a BIG mistake. This was very obvious all through the season. And that is the biggest teething problem he needs to overcome.

If I were him i will re-jiggle me support crew. Bring in experienced hands who can look him in the eye and say no to some of his decisions. That will help him a lot. We all saw what he achieved with squad he met on ground. And how he scattered that team and what he achieved with the squad he came up with.

Despite all that, i still believe he will turn out to be a great coach in the calibre of Pep, Tuchel, Klopp and the likes. But for sure won't be at Arsenal. Arsenal will simply be a learning curve for him A steep one in fact.

Classy and insightful as usual :clap: :clap: :clap:
I might hazard a shot and nod in agreement that
Arsenal is a high learning curve.
What annoys me with him is the stubborn
arrogance to eschew the simple basic changes, while trying to
prove he is some mastermind Zeitgeist…
I’ve said enough about, we shall see if he has learned anything.
But based on their approach to this current transfer season, I’m not encouraged..
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:

Great points mate. I agree with you but do not share your optimism about Arteta. Maybe he has talent as many people are saying (which I unfortunately do not see) but his arrogance will be his undoing. He thinks that he is more than what he actually is. I dont see him as being able to live with anyone who can stand up to him and in his face.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Thelastoneleft wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:

Great points mate. I agree with you but do not share your optimism about Arteta. Maybe he has talent as many people are saying (which I unfortunately do not see) but his arrogance will be his undoing. He thinks that he is more than what he actually is. I dont see him as being able to live with anyone who can stand up to him and in his face.
On the bold I do agree with you. I once used the analogy of a born child to explain that on these pages. When a child is born, he learns how to seat , then how to stand, then how to walk. Fortunately or unfortunately for Arterta as a new coach (child) , he start walking(winning trophies) without learning how to start and to walk. And that i believe got into his head.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Honestly the more one thinks about the sale of Martinez the angrier one gets. This dude just save a great penalty taken by Vargas in Argentina vs Chile Copa America match.

These guys running the club should be fired infact.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

on this very page, many of us were warning that we will come to regret the decision
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

amafolas wrote:on this very page, many of us were warning that we will come to regret the decision
Maybe you should address Messrs Shameless and Senseless who
still are running around like a dog chasing it’s tail :laugh:
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote:Honestly the more one thinks about the sale of Martinez the angrier one gets. This dude just save a great penalty taken by Vargas in Argentina vs Chile Copa America match.

Chief send those regards 2 Shameless and Senseless :laugh: :sneaky:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:Honestly the more one thinks about the sale of Martinez the angrier one gets. This dude just save a great penalty taken by Vargas in Argentina vs Chile Copa America match.

Arteta and the board do silly mistakes that some of us that are not paid to d o t he job can see.
How do you sell a guy who won you 2 trophy for a German waste pipe?For Arsenal sake i hope he has learn or we might be heading to championship
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

amafolas wrote:on this very page, many of us were warning that we will come to regret the decision
Bros, some pipul still dey put up stats o…
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Chai ..Arsenal fans we sabi cry over spilled milk !!

Make I do some pointers to pour petrol to this small spark just because I am a grinch :tic:

1. Like anyone of US fans here had any power ever change a buy or sell club decision ? Thank God for Internet pontification and power !!

2. Like anyone here had crystal ball to see the future ( you all come here to say you knew it that Arsenal will regret selling one player ?...hmmmm the player that has not won anything yet since they moved abi ?

3. Please did you all cry when Gnaby, RVP , Giroud , Ox etc were sold and WENT on to actually help their team win stuff ?

4. Yet you all come here and cry ( one year after ) when a player goes and helps a team move within two places of our beloved team and want then show stats that the said team compared to itself did well by dashing us money ?

5. Now to some stats - the said player was in our club for 10 plus seasons and made a GRAND total of 38 senior appearances in 10 seasons but yet 13 appearances he made for non league which he helped us win 2 cups was the data you wanted the club to use to make a 20M dollar decision ? hmmm

Make una come out and curse me all you like but I am glad none of you that feels otherwise on that one decision runs the club.

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^20m plus the Leno expenses. That’s not to say Martinez is not a solid GK, rather to reiterate the obvious, Leno had recently been signed and was not going to be sat on the bench. Beloved have been yahoo’d for years and simply can’t afford such.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Coach wrote:^20m plus the Leno expenses. That’s not to say Martinez is not a solid GK, rather to reiterate the obvious, Leno had recently been signed and was not going to be sat on the bench. Beloved have been yahoo’d for years and simply can’t afford such.
Ahhhh you are looking for trouble o , leave them to abuse me alone o, they would soon abuse you with me :rotf: :rotf:

...Socrates
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Arsenal reportedly rejected an initial Roma bid
for Chaka. Judging by how much strolling and
and trolling he has been doing 4 the Swiss, they might
wanna reconsider. Cuz what little value he has is dropping
like a rock. What a poor player.
On the other hand, Rambo wuz a beast 4 the Dragons.
After missing two sitters set up by Bale he snatched the game
winner right before half time. If that lad stays healthy, the Welsh will be a force
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Arsenal didn't only lose a great player. The sale of Martinez also changed the perception of what arsenal is standing for. One example of which is the recent bidding for Emile Smith Rowe by villa. They are really convinced that people currently running arsenal are bunch of idiots focused on making quick buck not on actually building a well functional team.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bk-one wrote:

Arsenal didn't only lose a great player. The sale of Martinez also changed the perception of what arsenal is standing for. One example of which is the recent bidding for Emile Smith Rowe by villa. They are really convinced that people currently running arsenal are bunch of idiots focused on making quick buck not on actually building a well functional team.
Thank you yet we have some folks here trying to back the decision .
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Coach wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:36 am ^20m plus the Leno expenses. That’s not to say Martinez is not a solid GK, rather to reiterate the obvious, Leno had recently been signed and was not going to be sat on the bench. Beloved have been yahoo’d for years and simply can’t afford such.
would have put Leno for Sale without thinking twice if I could only keep one. Selling Emi, keeping Leno, and buying that utter wastepipe Runnarson, should be a sackable offense for anyone making goalkeeping decisions at Arsenal
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

azuka wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:13 pm
Thelastoneleft wrote:
azuka wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:

On the bold I do agree with you. I once used the analogy of a born child to explain that on these pages. When a child is born, he learns how to seat , then how to stand, then how to walk. Fortunately or unfortunately for Arterta as a new coach (child) , he start walking(winning trophies) without learning how to start and to walk. And that i believe got into his head.
The winning mentality has completely departed from Arsenal.

Look at Chelsea. At the drop of a hat, they didn't hesitate to remove Frank Lampard even though he still had an upward trajectory.

We may hate Mourinho but his words - Experts in failure ring clear.

We totally deserve the shambles we are in.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Guys, I know that hate is a strong word but I'm sorry, it is very hard for me not to hate Arteta!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so assanal fans una no wan do next season thread or what?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

amafolas wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:45 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:36 am ^20m plus the Leno expenses. That’s not to say Martinez is not a solid GK, rather to reiterate the obvious, Leno had recently been signed and was not going to be sat on the bench. Beloved have been yahoo’d for years and simply can’t afford such.
would have put Leno for Sale without thinking twice if I could only keep one. Selling Emi, keeping Leno, and buying that utter wastepipe Runnarson, should be a sackable offense for anyone making goalkeeping decisions at Arsenal
You MAY soon have more to yab the club mgt about it seems..

We are likely going to sell ESR , he is not playing well with his contract negotiations and with the tempting offers by Villa its likely a better business deal to sell ( not better footballing )

We going to send Saliba on loan AND buy a defender for 50M

Its going to be a sweet summer or pain .

...Socrates