The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Season

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:34 pm
kalani JR wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:28 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:45 pm After watching the passing contest today between Xhaka and Podga , I have to say I am really really hopeful that Xhaka goes.

We dont appreciate him and dont deserve to have him, we should buy Bissouma and pair him with Partey etc even buy Aouar but please free Xhaka let him go and enjoy his football.
international ball has a slower pace and players are exhausted after a long season, perfect conditions for him.
Thank God on the basis of this one game we should squeeze roma for more money.

In other news.... the ozil haters i hope you all know that since January Arsenal has been paying 350K a week to Ozil .... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ozil juju strong no be small :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2020-21 Seas

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:22 am
Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Arsenal need to sack Arteta asap....from what I'm hearing, he hasn't got a clue when it comes to selecting players he wants for to acquire for next season.
He is already at loggerheads with Edu.....right now it's looking like next will be worse for him
Remember when i mentioned the issue of "building a team" as Arteta's biggest problem?
You also said Arteta was a generational coach and we need to extend his contract before someone
else comes in and snags him :sneaky: :sneaky:
Sorry bruv .. I couldn’t resist :tic:
No don't be sorry. I did say so and still believe one day he will turn out well. But a lot happened this season that make me think it all over again. Choosing a coach who never coach a team before, even a youth team is after all a BIG mistake. This was very obvious all through the season. And that is the biggest teething problem he needs to overcome.

If I were him i will re-jiggle me support crew. Bring in experienced hands who can look him in the eye and say no to some of his decisions. That will help him a lot. We all saw what he achieved with squad he met on ground. And how he scattered that team and what he achieved with the squad he came up with.

Despite all that, i still believe he will turn out to be a great coach in the calibre of Pep, Tuchel, Klopp and the likes. But for sure won't be at Arsenal. Arsenal will simply be a learning curve for him A steep one in fact.
I concur. But the coaching business is fraught with dangers. If he fails this coming season at Arsenal he will need friends like Guardiola to help him out in future.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:48 pm
Gooner1 wrote:Arsenal need to sack Arteta asap....from what I'm hearing, he hasn't got a clue when it comes to selecting players he wants for to acquire for next season.
He is already at loggerheads with Edu.....right now it's looking like next will be worse for him
Remember when i mentioned the issue of "building a team" as Arteta's biggest problem?
Where is the money to build this team my bro. Since Kroenke came into the club, this is how we have penny pinched. We penny pinched our way to where we now find ourselves. Wenger managed to make us relevant despite being hamstrung by the Owner even after we turned the corner financially.

What we are seeing is not new, this will play itself out, and we end selling more than we bought, or breaking even in the market by undermining the club's ability to compete for the coming season.

Arteta's number one choice in CM is Camavinga, the club will not give him the money, so he settles for less in the hope they turn out as good as Camavinga. This is Arsenal since Kroenke had the majority shareholding. Give Arteta money, he will not be speculating of young inexperienced players. He will seek the balance needed to challenge for honours.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Waffiman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:51 am
Where is the money to build this team my bro. Since Kroenke came into the club, this is how we have penny pinched. We penny pinched our way to where we now find ourselves. Wenger managed to make us relevant despite being hamstrung by the Owner even after we turned the corner financially.

What we are seeing is not new, this will play itself out, and we end selling more than we bought, or breaking even in the market by undermining the club's ability to compete for the coming season.

Arteta's number one choice in CM is Camavinga, the club will not give him the money, so he settles for less in the hope they turn out as good as Camavinga. This is Arsenal since Kroenke had the majority shareholding. Give Arteta money, he will not be speculating of young inexperienced players. He will seek the balance needed to challenge for honours.
I probably will never understand the rationale behind this "blind faith" that some of our fan base have in Arteta. Going by the deals he has done (has been trying to do) since promoted to manager, there is no sign that he has a clue on managing our finances/resources/transfer business.

Maybe "Arteta`s number one choice in CM is Camavinga", but is the CM position his number one priority? The way he´s been going about his business this off season doesnt suggest that, as his major interest has been (or seem to be) in CD. Now, lets assume, for the sake of argument that the CM is his number one priority. What does that tell you about his pursuit of a CD for 50 M? So, after spending 50 M on a position that is not the priority how much would you think he´ll have left for "his number one choice" Camavinga.

There just do not seem to be any logic, method, planning or thought process in anything that Arteta tries to do. It all seems like he makes them as he goes along. The man is terrible in many aspects already but worst of all, I will never trust him with finances.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:40 am
azuka wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:22 am
Sleaky72 wrote:
azuka wrote:
You also said Arteta was a generational coach and we need to extend his contract before someone
else comes in and snags him :sneaky: :sneaky:
Sorry bruv .. I couldn’t resist :tic:
No don't be sorry. I did say so and still believe one day he will turn out well. But a lot happened this season that make me think it all over again. Choosing a coach who never coach a team before, even a youth team is after all a BIG mistake. This was very obvious all through the season. And that is the biggest teething problem he needs to overcome.

If I were him i will re-jiggle me support crew. Bring in experienced hands who can look him in the eye and say no to some of his decisions. That will help him a lot. We all saw what he achieved with squad he met on ground. And how he scattered that team and what he achieved with the squad he came up with.

Despite all that, i still believe he will turn out to be a great coach in the calibre of Pep, Tuchel, Klopp and the likes. But for sure won't be at Arsenal. Arsenal will simply be a learning curve for him A steep one in fact.
I concur. But the coaching business is fraught with dangers. If he fails this coming season at Arsenal he will need friends like Guardiola to help him out in future.
My brother welcome back. In all sense and purposes this is a defining moment in his career.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Let's give honour to where honour is due. Kroenke have spent a lot since AW left. Wish he had spend this much while he was here. My fear with selling is we will end up selling our bright stars who in future will be commanding lots of wages. And then i hate this policy of sending someone on loan/selling without giving them a chance to prove themselves. Saliba comes to mind here. Then there that young Greek defender in Germany. And then issue of not giving Guendo a chance to redeem himmself and prove he's maturing. I believe there's a player there .
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:51 am

I probably will never understand the rationale behind this "blind faith" that some of our fan base have in Arteta. Going by the deals he has done (has been trying to do) since promoted to manager, there is no sign that he has a clue on managing our finances/resources/transfer business.

Maybe "Arteta`s number one choice in CM is Camavinga", but is the CM position his number one priority? The way he´s been going about his business this off season doesnt suggest that, as his major interest has been (or seem to be) in CD. Now, lets assume, for the sake of argument that the CM is his number one priority. What does that tell you about his pursuit of a CD for 50 M? So, after spending 50 M on a position that is not the priority how much would you think he´ll have left for "his number one choice" Camavinga.

There just do not seem to be any logic, method, planning or thought process in anything that Arteta tries to do. It all seems like he makes them as he goes along. The man is terrible in many aspects already but worst of all, I will never trust him with finances.
I agree with you on the bold part. We definitely don't need another CD.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:27 pm
Thelastoneleft wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:51 am

I agree with you on the bold part. We definitely don't need another CD.

I gave up on the gaffer after he offered Mustafi an extension!
That’s a bloody sackable offense!
Who knows, maybe he might stumble on
a spoke of common sense but right now
I’m not hopeful on the dude at all.

His treatment of our young French stars means
we will hard pressed to make any in roads on that
fertile market. The whole process is a joke.
Anyways I’ve emotionally tuned outta Arsenal:
To hell with ‘em!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

How do people who call themselves Arsenal fans
find the fact that the man Ozil, fleeced senile Wenger
and stole a living for multi millions of bucks that could have
been used to sign or xtend the contacts of other players,
something that should spur giggles?
What manner uv fans do we have here?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Waffiman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:33 am
kalani JR wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:28 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:45 pm After watching the passing contest today between Xhaka and Podga , I have to say I am really really hopeful that Xhaka goes.

We dont appreciate him and dont deserve to have him, we should buy Bissouma and pair him with Partey etc even buy Aouar but please free Xhaka let him go and enjoy his football.
international ball has a slower pace and players are exhausted after a long season, perfect conditions for him.
My dear man, can please furnish me with one objective piece of evidence to back up this claim?

I have seen similar claims on Twitter and Facebook, they have been well and truly debunked. You can argue about France tactics or France failing to play collectively as a team, then there is a debate because those analysis have sound evidence to back them up from the metrics.

But your claim about the pace of that game or pace of games at the Euros has no basis in objectivity as provided by the only measure of the pace (metrics) of that game helping Xhaka.
What the long season or the slower pace?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm so Arteta and Edu will spend 50M Quid on Ben white ( 23 ) and send Saliba ( 21 ) Mavrapanos (23) on loan ?

Something is going on with the business side of running this club :( .

We sell or dash our players and overpay for the ones we dont need , and dash out salaries to the ones that we dont want to play for us ...dang !!

Blame Kroenke all you want but I am starting to think the people using his money dont know how to run a club.

@Waffi if Cam wetin was Arteta's first choice ( and it is a position that sorely needs to be fixed ) why not pay the 50M quid for Ben white to buy Cam gini ?

Btw we now have Ozil off the pay scale has that not freed up room ? This club is very interesting sha ...the more you see the less you undestand.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have a problem. Players are now rejecting the chance to come to Arsenal. Loucatelli told Arsenal no point blank. I think the blame should be shared between fans and Kroenke. Fans should stop attacking players. Kroenke need to invest funds, but also show interest in the club by demanding the money is invested wisely. Maybe hire a special adviser to advise him on football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:40 pm We have a problem. Players are now rejecting the chance to come to Arsenal. Loucatelli told Arsenal no point blank. I think the blame should be shared between fans and Kroenke. Fans should stop attacking players. Kroenke need to invest funds, but also show interest in the club by demanding the money is invested wisely. Maybe hire a special adviser to advise him on football.

Kroenke that approved ; 2M quid loans for RM for 2 players for 2 years ? that approved Pepe's 82 M , that approved partey's 45 M , that will likely approve 50M for ben white ( we are still begging lol ) , that approved paying Ozil 16M not to play for Arsenal for 2 years ? that approved 2 contracts cancellations ? make i go on ? Na wa o this must be a xmas to those that manage Arsenal to run a club without fiduciary responsibility
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like this will be the firt two signing. Lokonga is already better than Guerndouzi defensively. But I think he may need 6 months to gt used to the pace of the EpL. The guy has a chance to be really good for Arsenal. Taverez is a backup. Has defensive problems like Belerin.

[media]

[/media]

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Greetings my people.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal at least are keeping hold of their young talent and key players.

KT new deal
Folarin Balogun new deal
Arthur Okonkwo new deal
Martineli new deal
Taylor Hart new deal
Saka has 3 years left, need to give him a new deal.
ESR expected to sign a new 5 year deal. The guy has made rapid progress within 12 months. A player on the rise.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Projected first team squad

GK- Leno, New keeper, Okonwko

Okonkwo is now the 3rd choice. Promoted to the first team. Okonkwo should go out on loan. Ruunarsen will be sold. Arsenal looking at Freedie Woodman to be the backup.

RB- Chambers, Cedric.

Belerin expected to leave, Arsenal looking for a RB.

LB- Thierney, Tavarez

CD- Gabriel, Holding, Mari

Saliba expected to leave on loan to Marseile, Arsenal trying to Sign Ben White Mavrapanos already left.

MF- Partey, Lokonga, Elneny, ESR, Willock

Niles, Torrera, Xhaka all expected to leave. Guendouzi areadly left to Mareile . Arsenal will probably bring in one more player. Maybe Aouar or Loucateli or Maddison. Will then promote Azeez to the first team.

FW- Aubameyang, Lacazette, Balogun, Saka, Pepe, Martineli, Nelson, Taylor Hart

Willian expected to leave the club. Looking at MLS clubs. Nkettiah also expected to leave the club. No major signings expected. Lacazettecould get a one year extension.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nuno Tavarez confirmed.
www.arsenal.com

Kido Taylor Hart is the next Saka coming through the academy.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What I would like Arsenal to do before the close of the transfer window.

Sign a RB like Aarons from Norwich
Sell Chambers and Belerin. Chambers has one year left on his deal. Belerin is a flop defensively. He has 2 years left on his deal.
Don't buy Ben White or loan Saliba out
Sign James Maddison, sell Joe Willock. I like willock. But he would be third choice. He deserves to start not seat on the bench.

4-3-3 projected lineup

Leno
Aarons, Saliba, Gabriel, Thierney
Lokonga, Maddison, Partey
Pepe, Aubameyang, Saka

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys are we going to finish back in europe spot and play Europa next season?
With the way Arteta is doing stuff we might face tougher season and finihs bottom half oooh fighting to stay in EPL.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think Arsenal is currently a 7th place team.

elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

We nor go open new season thread? Pre season starts tomorrow…
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman