Big Six sign up for new European Super League

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg
Big Six sign up for new European Super League

Post by Ipe Grams »

REVEALED: Big Six sign up for new European Super League, with breakaway competition set to be announced TONIGHT... but UEFA, the Premier League and others join forces to hit back at the 'cynical project' and vow to STOP it happening

Five top Premier League teams have signing up to a European Super League
Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham have agreed
The moves come as a snub to UEFA following fresh Champions League plans
UEFA are set to outline a new format to their elite level competition very soon
European football's governing body have threatened legal action for the 'project'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... l#comments
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Big Six sign up for new European Super League

Post by Damunk »

Na serious matter o.
Didn't know the EPL teams you mentioned were already signed up.

I need to read the details but instinctively I am opposed to it.

Where is the primary support for this move coming from?
The fans or the billionaire club owners? :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The big six we know today na:

Manchester United
Liverpool
Manchester City
Chelsea
Leicester City
West Ham United

Another Big Six is a counterfeit :lol: :taunt: :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Spurs are not even a big club so they should be out of this so called European super league.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kenmega wrote:Spurs are not even a big club so they should be out of this so called European super league.
Eyah .. a pity Spurs rankings are not up to your judgement /s

That said - I dont support this move. If it happens I will have to find another club to follow ... Inter and Spurs are both involved in this crap.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

How will this whole thing work.
Will they play each other every weekend or what.

What about their respective league fixtures, what will become of Champions League then.

I don't see the need for Nations Cup another gimmick introduced for money, this super league thing is also a step too far, but anyway what do i know
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

OK the more i read and hear about this, it seems to me that UEFA is meant to announce changes tomorrow, and now i suspe3 the timing of this news makes it look like a scare tactic that these clubs are using to armtwist UEFA, its all about prize monies in CL
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Those clubs may get sanctioned.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I suggest that you all lookup how and why the EPL and the CL started.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

It’s all what the fans want
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

jette1 wrote:It’s all what the fans want
Really?
Can all of them afford to be flying around Europe to attend their respective teams ' away games.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Arsenal FC didn't waste time
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

benteke wrote:
Really?
Can all of them afford to be flying around Europe to attend their respective teams ' away games.
Too many jumping to conclusions without fully grasping details of the plan; it’s really greed rush to protect their current monopoly
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

jette1 wrote:
benteke wrote:
Really?
Too many jumping to conclusions without fully grasping details of the plan
But you also seem to be speaking on behalf of all fans, from what i am seeing on social media, many don't seem happy.

Ok go on, what are the full plans
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Fans have been united in their condemnation
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

benteke wrote:
Really?

Its for worldwide fans and not the individual clubs domestic fans, I don't see fans really interested for example in the rivalry history between the clubs in their domestic leagues continued if both are languishing mid/bottom of the table.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

jette1 wrote:
benteke wrote:
Really?
Too many jumping to conclusions without fully grasping details of the plan; it’s really greed rush to protect their current monopoly
What plans? a closed league, different Countries, no history etc. there just too many hurdles.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Founder members of a proposed European Super League would be offered up to £310 million each to join the competition and could earn as much as £213 million a season from it, according to an incendiary document seen by The Times.

Six English clubs would be among the 15 permanent founding members, according to sources with knowledge of the proposals. They also say that Manchester United, Real Madrid and AC Milan are the driving forces behind the plans for a Super League, to replace Uefa’s Champions League.

The 18-page proposal for the Super League says the 15 founding members and five other clubs, who would be decided via qualification each year, would be split into two groups of ten and play between 18 and 23 matches a season. The document adds that the potential revenues would be huge, with clubs having the rights to show some of the matches on their own digital platforms. The clubs would still also play in their domestic leagues.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Bayern and Dortmund have so far refused to join - presumably because they expect their fans to oppose. While Real Madrid and Barcelona have joined (probably decided by their presidents), they are 100% owned by their fans and I expect the fans to vote against it.

My proposal would be for domestic leagues, Uefa and Fifa to ban every player and club that take part in the European Super League. Fans should also boycott - although less effective in the current climate.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

cic old boy wrote:Bayern and Dortmund have so far refused to join - presumably because they expect their fans to oppose. While Real Madrid and Barcelona have joined (probably decided by their presidents), they are 100% owned by their fans and I expect the fans to vote against it.

My proposal would be for domestic leagues, Uefa and Fifa to ban every player and club that take part in the European Super League. Fans should also boycott - although less effective in the current climate.
Agreed although I am thinking this is a move to force one or more of those bodies to the negotiating tables.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Following the American model. NHL etc.

UEFA is also to blame. Their watering down of the CL has partly caused this.
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Molue Conductor wrote:Following the American model. NHL etc.

UEFA is also to blame. Their watering down of the CL has partly caused this.
But it was what the big clubs wanted till they realised they might not always finish in the top 4 to qualify.