ESPN gets La Liga from next season for 8 years

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
ESPN gets La Liga from next season for 8 years

Post by YUJAM »

BEIN will find it hard to remain competitive even though they still have a lot of sports programming.

La Liga is their crown jewel though.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ESPN gets La Liga from next season for 8 years

Post by Kabalega »

I hope they lure the BEIN sports commentators over to ESPN.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

This is Great News! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The boring, bland ESPN? lawdy! I hope they kept Ray "Majesterial" Hudson and the Haitian American guy.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

actually La-Liga isn't the same as it used to be...If Messi leaves, it's going to be gaga.. Seria A is moving to CBS /Paramount and i have enjoyed it. However ESPN used to carry La-Liga with the late Tommy Smith running Commentary .. BEinsports short themselves, they left every major cable company.. ESPN had the AFCON back in 2013.. I hope they can get that from Bein..However Bein said they will focus more on Ligue 1 and the Turkish league . Even NBCSN will be no more , everything is now peacock
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

Bigpokey24 wrote:actually La-Liga isn't the same as it used to be...If Messi leaves, it's going to be gaga.. Seria A is moving to CBS /Paramount and i have enjoyed it. However ESPN used to carry La-Liga with the late Tommy Smith running Commentary .. BEinsports short themselves, they left every major cable company.. ESPN had the AFCON back in 2013.. I hope they can get that from Bein..However Bein said they will focus more on Ligue 1 and the Turkish league . Even NBCSN will be no more , everything is now peacock
Big pokey, the person you are referring to is not late. He is Irish with a distinct voice and his name is Tommy Smyth and just left ESPN but still doing his podcasts.
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Bad timing by the ESPN lads.
Serie A is about to become the
second hottest league behind the
EPL with the arrival of Mourinho.
As 4 La Liga?
Guess we’ll see
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

KIZONZO wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:actually La-Liga isn't the same as it used to be...If Messi leaves, it's going to be gaga.. Seria A is moving to CBS /Paramount and i have enjoyed it. However ESPN used to carry La-Liga with the late Tommy Smith running Commentary .. BEinsports short themselves, they left every major cable company.. ESPN had the AFCON back in 2013.. I hope they can get that from Bein..However Bein said they will focus more on Ligue 1 and the Turkish league . Even NBCSN will be no more , everything is now peacock
Big pokey, the person you are referring to is not late. He is Irish with a distinct voice and his name is Tommy Smyth and just left ESPN but still doing his podcasts.
wow, I thought he passed.. thanks
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Should have done this deal years ago but Tebas panicked.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

One has to wonder what exactly Bein Sports business model is? How do you manage to keep yourself off every major cable or streaming service and expect to grow? Must be some money laundering scheme

Good move by ESPN. Enough for me to keep my ESPN+ subscription
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

jdizzy wrote:One has to wonder what exactly Bein Sports business model is? How do you manage to keep yourself off every major cable or streaming service and expect to grow? Must be some money laundering scheme

Good move by ESPN. Enough for me to keep my ESPN+ subscription
They tried to force their way in but no dice.

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-18-812A1.pdf
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Undertaker wrote:This is Great News! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Ronaldo has left and Messi might go or stick with a weak Barca team. La Liga doesn't have the same juice anymore, that's why Chelsea the barely 4th place team in the EPL beat 3 of the top 4 in La Liga including the La Liga champions.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have not watched a 90 mins la liga match in over 3 seasons. However I did watch 2 games each of ATM, Real and Sevilla during the champs league. La liga needs to be rejuvenated.
SuperEagles

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have not watched a 90 mins la liga match in over 3 seasons. However I did watch 2 games each of ATM, Real and Sevilla during the champs league. La liga needs to be rejuvenated.
:???: :???: :???:
How do you know that La Liga needs rejuvenation if you have not watched a game in over 3 seasons?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have not watched a 90 mins la liga match in over 3 seasons. However I did watch 2 games each of ATM, Real and Sevilla during the champs league. La liga needs to be rejuvenated.
There was an exciting title race this year with four teams in it into the last four games. It's not the Messi and Ronaldo league but there is still plenty of quality.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
There was an exciting title race this year with four teams in it into the last four games. It's not the Messi and Ronaldo league but there is still plenty of quality.
It isn't interesting to watch thanks to Beinsports. However ESPN are doing wonders with the Bundesliga and Seria A. They also have domestic cup games ranging from England, to Laliga, plus coppa Italia. They also carry the SPL, Eredivise, Belgian, Etc. And loads of European international football
SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

La Liga is still the top dog, if not 1 or 2.

Who are these clowns 'prophesizing' the downfall of the league?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kabalega wrote:
:???: :???: :???:
How do you know that La Liga needs rejuvenation if you have not watched a game in over 3 seasons?
keyword 90 mins... also thanks to beinsport for dropping out of prime time. The fact it is on ESPn makes it a lot easier for me to watch
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
It isn't interesting to watch thanks to Beinsports. However ESPN are doing wonders with the Bundesliga and Seria A. They also have domestic cup games ranging from England, to Laliga, plus coppa Italia. They also carry the SPL, Eredivise, Belgian, Etc. And loads of European international football
BEIN had good studio coverage, cable providers just screwed them out of viewers.