Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City v Chelsea FC

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City v Chelsea F

Post by green4life »

furiously frank wrote:
green4life wrote:
furiously frank wrote:Champions League Stats

Manchester City vs. Chelsea

5.6 overall. 7.8

60%. Possession. 40%
2 Off Target 5
1 On Target. 2
7 Total shots. 8
4. Blocked shots 1
3. Corners. 1
25. Throw ins. 17
88. Pass success percentage. 81
20. Aerials Won 16
8. Clearances. 26
14. Fouls. 13
2 Yellow cards. 1
0. Second yellow cards 0
0. Red cards 0
You consider stats in relation with what actually transpired. Which team was in control of the 3 games? Was City ever in control of any of the 3 games?
Diokpa, the reason I brought out the stats is simple: offense feed off from the solidity at the back. If the defensive end is jittery and unsure, forwards tends to track back to retrieve the balls and as thus reduce the forward burst and energy needed to surprise the opponent in quick succession.
My thesis: What is at stake in the 3 games is completely different. City started the first 2 with DM and was unlucky to lose. They even lost a penalty in one. The Champions league finals speaks for itself, the game was decided with that first goal, as it exposes the tactics by Pep as totally inadequate for the occasion: the only cup his ageing squad is yet to win.
Lol. I stopped reading there. Kpelle :lol:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Champions League Final 2021: Manchester City v Chelsea F

Post by green4life »

wanaj0 wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
green4life wrote:
furiously frank wrote:Champions League Stats

Manchester City vs. Chelsea

5.6 overall. 7.8

60%. Possession. 40%
2 Off Target 5
1 On Target. 2
7 Total shots. 8
4. Blocked shots 1
3. Corners. 1
25. Throw ins. 17
88. Pass success percentage. 81
20. Aerials Won 16
8. Clearances. 26
14. Fouls. 13
2 Yellow cards. 1
0. Second yellow cards 0
0. Red cards 0
You consider stats in relation with what actually transpired. Which team was in control of the 3 games? Was City ever in control of any of the 3 games?
Diokpa, the reason I brought out the stats is simple: offense feed off from the solidity at the back. If the defensive end is jittery and unsure, forwards tends to track back to retrieve the balls and as thus reduce the forward burst and energy needed to surprise the opponent in quick succession.
My thesis: What is at stake in the 3 games is completely different. City started the first 2 with DM and was unlucky to lose. They even lost a penalty in one. The Champions league finals speaks for itself, the game was decided with that first goal, as it exposes the tactics by Pep as totally inadequate for the occasion: the only cup his ageing squad is yet to win.
He used DM in the first two games and LOST. Very natural to try something DIFFERENT.

Are you sure that he was not 'unlucky' to have lost the CL final? :taunt:
I tire for am :rotf: