Here We Come Again!!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Here We Come Again!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

:rotf: :rotf: "FootBall is Coming Home!! :woot: :woot: Deluded English press as usual.
With one of the world's best strikers in Harry Kane, Phil Foden running the midfield, home fans back in time for Wembley showdowns, and of course confidence to finally win a penalty shootout - here are 10 reasons why England CAN win Euro 2020
EURO 2020 is on the horizon and that can only mean hope starts to build around the country as England look to end a 55-year wait for major international success.

There is plenty of optimism for Gareth Southgate's men heading into the European Championship, with a strong squad, a rare positive experience at the most recent World Cup and of course many matches being staged at Wembley where fans are expected to return and back the Three Lions.

Admittedly, we have been here before with a promising bunch of omens for England only for them to fall short and break the hearts of a nation. But some of us will never learn our lesson so here are ten reasons why England can end their silverware drought and ensure football really is coming home this summer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... adium.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Here We Come Again!!

Post by Scipio Africanus »

They are actually one of the stronger squads this time and can win it. They should be one of the favorites.

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:They are actually one of the stronger squads this time and can win it. They should be one of the favorites.
I agree but I think they have three major
drawbacks.

1. Coach
2. Goalies
3. Central Midfield
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:They are actually one of the stronger squads this time and can win it. They should be one of the favorites.
drawbacks.

1. Coach
2. Goalies
3. Central Midfield
I agree wholeheartedly on #1. A better coach would find ways to mitigate #3. #2 not much can be done.

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

They also have Calamity John in defence. :lol: He made so many crazyass mistakes in the Champions League final, it is a surprise Pep did not remove him at half-time. :lol: And even if they did not have Stones, his partner Maguire is not exactly a van Dyke. He is the type of centerback I describe as "HE" --Highly Embarrass-able. :lol:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote:They also have Calamity John in defence. :lol: He made so many crazyass mistakes in the Champions League final, it is a surprise Pep did not remove him at half-time. :lol: And even if they did not have Stones, his partner Maguire is not exactly a van Dyke. He is the type of centerback I describe as "HE" --Highly Embarrass-able. :lol:
Perhaps, but my goodness me look who they have in that squad :scared:
Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Mount, Sancho, Saka, Kane

Pure unadulterated quality.

If they had a real coach they have the option to play with a false nine and drag defenders all over the place. They have the players for that. Maybe Southgate will surprise everybody and get the best use out of this outrageously talented crop of English players.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this team , will not defeat a top team in the Euros
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
drawbacks.

1. Coach
2. Goalies
3. Central Midfield
I agree wholeheartedly on #1. A better coach would find ways to mitigate #3. #2 not much can be done.
Very insightful point but I doubt they’d have time
2 fix Pickford and co.
And that central midfield is so lacking in quality
and pace unless you start experimenting and weaken
other positions.

Knowing that coach I won’t be surprised if he resorts
to two holding donkeys and rely on set pieces or Kane 2
bail him out. That Kane lad is damn good on the real!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Say it again for the Haters, please.
Wish my lads had a better coach.
What a bloody waste of talent with a scrub gaffer.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The other Euro teams have better quality. Portugal, France, Spain, Germany and others. There's a lot of really young inexperienced players in that England side
Scipio Africanus wrote:
ohsee wrote:They also have Calamity John in defence. :lol: He made so many crazyass mistakes in the Champions League final, it is a surprise Pep did not remove him at half-time. :lol: And even if they did not have Stones, his partner Maguire is not exactly a van Dyke. He is the type of centerback I describe as "HE" --Highly Embarrass-able. :lol:

If they had a real coach they have the option to play with a false nine and drag defenders all over the place. They have the players for that. Maybe Southgate will surprise everybody and get the best use out of this outrageously talented crop of English players.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

YUJAM wrote:The other Euro teams have better quality. Portugal, France, Spain, Germany and others. There's a lot of really young inexperienced players in that England side
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Spain is terrible, I think this England squad will make the semis.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

YUJAM wrote:The other Euro teams have better quality. Portugal, France, Spain, Germany and others. There's a lot of really young inexperienced players in that England side
Scipio Africanus wrote:

From your list, only France is clearly better than England overall personnel wise, but not by much. Where they have a great edge is in coaching. But let's wait and see.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

There are no Panama and Tunisia in the Euros
SuperEagles

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Portugal and Spain have better talent than England?
Chief come on. They have a better coach but that’s it.
England may not win it but it won’t be because of a talent dearth.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Portugal are my favorites with France, Ronaldo, Ruben Dias, Bernado and Joao Felix are a solid foundation.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:There are no Panama and Tunisia in the Euros
They beat Croatia and Spain in the Nations League then finished third.
Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

kalani JR wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Portugal are my favorites with France, Ronaldo, Ruben Dias, Bernado and Joao Felix are a solid foundation.
+ Bruno Fernandes?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:There are no Panama and Tunisia in the Euros
They beat Croatia and Spain in the Nations League then finished third.
In glorified friendlies
SuperEagles

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

English fans booing the players 4 taking the knee?
And my self righteous country men will criticize
other nations for being racist and making noises
at players, yet at Wembley this nonsense is in full
evidence and the press suddenly forget their voice.
The sheer hypocrisy.
Happy Saka scored but they can go to pot :twisted:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

At the last WC, England showed up! All the teams with better coaches were nowhere to be found.

Say what you like about the coach, he has taken them to places where better coaches could not get them.

Credit to Southgate for what he has achieved.

Bad belle no good oo
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:At the last WC, England showed up! All the teams with better coaches were nowhere to be found.

Say what you like about the coach, he has taken them to places where better coaches could not get them.

Bad belle no good oo
Too much bad belleh for this place.
Anglophobia, undisguised. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

wanaj0 wrote:At the last WC, England showed up! All the teams with better coaches were nowhere to be found.

Bad belle no good oo
What did he achieve?
They were smacked as soon as
they encountered decent opposition.
We can agree to disagree, but this squad is
loaded and it’s a bloody shame that’s it’s being
wasted on a scrub coach.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Scipio Africanus wrote:

Shuo, play with false 9 and drop Kane, in order to drag defences around, abeg I am struggling here.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho