[Euro 2020]- Turkey 0 Italy 3 FT

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
[Euro 2020]- Turkey 0 Italy 3 FT

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Italy with 13 shots. 3 possible handball cases against Turkey. The last one definitely a PK. Italy are being cheated.

Turkey are horrible. Jeezus!! Not a single shot on goal in 45 minutes of football. Can't string more than 2 passes together. They would not make it out of the group stage of AFCON.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: [Euro 2020]- Turkey 0 Italy 0

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Italy with 13 shots. 3 possible handball cases against Turkey. The last one definitely a PK. Italy are being cheated.

Turkey are horrible. Jeezus!! Not a single shot on goal in 45 minutes of football. Can't string more than 2 passes together. They would not make it out of the group stage of AFCON.
I do not believe the last one was a penalty. The defender was running back and had his arm in a natural position to maintain balance. It would be hard if not impossible for him to tuck his hand away during that body movement and play sequence. And both the ref and WAR officials saw that too.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Turkey are so annoying to watch
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

theDunamis wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Italy with 13 shots. 3 possible handball cases against Turkey. The last one definitely a PK. Italy are being cheated.

I do not believe the last one was a penalty. The defender was running back and had his arm in a natural position to maintain balance. It would be hard if not impossible for him to tuck his hand away during that body movement and play sequence. And both the ref and WAR officials saw that too.
Upon further review you are right. That is a very nuanced view not previously seen at any other tournament. Good on the Euros.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Euro 2020]- Turkey 0 Italy 2

Well that escalated quickly. Italy 2 goals to the good. It would have been more than 3 if not for the selfishness of Insigne, who has brought his maddening habits from Napoli.

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Insigne puts the icing on the cake for Italy. The score line no longer flatters the Turks.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Insigne is the reason Osimhen does not score goals at Napoli. Very selfish overrated player.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Euro 2020]- Turkey 0 Italy 3 FT

Post by Coach »

Africanus, can you rename the thread, making it all things Euro 2020, thus negating the need for the a new thread every game.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Coach wrote:Africanus, can you rename the thread, making it all things Euro 2020, thus negating the need for the a new thread every game.
Isn't that what has killed the football section? Having one long continuous thread unlike before when we had a thread for each different match :sad:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Breel Embolo of Switzerland is a beast. Swiss should have won the game. They did not get a clear penalty call when the Welsh defender was clearly, blatantly, pulling Embolo back by the shirt in the box.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Comrade Machel wrote:
Coach wrote:Africanus, can you rename the thread, making it all things Euro 2020, thus negating the need for the a new thread every game.
Isn't that what has killed the football section? Having one long continuous thread unlike before when we had a thread for each different match :sad:
Some threads seldom reach beyond their opening post. Certainly the better parts of the tournament will receive their own stage. In short, “I dunno”.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

I am really, really puzzled by Turkey's terrible performance in this game. The players were playing as if they took sleeping pills. This is the same Turkey that took 4 points from France(yes, they beat France!) and beat the Netherlands comfortably in qualifying. If I was a cynical person, I would be suspecting the game was fixed.

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Scipio Africanus wrote:I am really, really puzzled by Turkey's terrible performance in this game. The players were playing as if they took sleeping pills. This is the same Turkey that took 4 points from France(yes, they beat France!) and beat the Netherlands comfortably in qualifying. If I was a cynical person, I would be suspecting the game was fixed.

Turkey isnt that good. Plus Tournament ball is different from qualifiers/friendlies.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.