Next ABEG meeting Monday June 12.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ominous signs for the ABEG club - DEFCON 2

Post by mcal »

kalani JR wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:59 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:46 am Do Africans from French speaking Africa carry the same kind of beef for France that Nigerians (and maybe Ghanaians) have for Ingerland?
Maybe Camex and Makanaky can tell us.
Not really, they see themselves as an extension of France. Also locally I don't think many hold this same beef for England.
...very true, reason why that Cameroon strongman is still there without being perturbed from outside or within. Unlike Mugabe was hounded by the British.
France still owned them, vs Nigeria wey dey openly challenge the Queen's own. Probably why many are starring for les blue vs none Nigerian for 3 lions.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:28 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:46 am Do Africans from French speaking Africa carry the same kind of beef for France that Nigerians (and maybe Ghanaians) have for Ingerland?
Not really, they see themselves as an extension of France. Also locally I don't think many hold this same beef for England.
...very true, reason why that Cameroon strongman is still there without being perturbed from outside or within. Unlike Mugabe was hounded by the British.
France still owned them, vs Nigeria wey dey openly challenge the Queen's own. Probably why many are starring for les blue vs none Nigerian for 3 lions.
Yup.
Barclays Bank
Shell BP
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:15 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:28 pm
Yup.
Barclays Bank
Shell BP
...remember that, Barclays Bank to Union Bank
BP to AP.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

I actually like this England team for many reasons including, their ability to play good football and not the Allardycian brand they served up for many decades, a grounded and thoughtful manager, young and exciting talent.

But it is still England and I am still a proud ABEG card carrying member for many reasons including, the world simply cannot afford the noise and arrogance of an English team winning a major tournament, the shenanigans of English fans (lasers, booing national anthems, etc.), the tendency to scapegoat minorities on the team when things go wrong, and to pour all adulation only on the "sons of the soils" when they go right, and last but not least, Harry Kane -- a decent baller who is all at once Pele, Maradona, Messi and Jesus when you are wearing English-tinted spectacles. All of this make it difficult if not impossible to ever support England.

So come Sunday, may the cup leave "home" on its way to Rome filled with the tears of many an Englishman. A-freakin-MEN!!! :sneaky:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I see. All the usual suspects. This Home Office list keeps growing.
-Simpli fy -
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theDunamis wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:16 pm I actually like this England team for many reasons including, their ability to play good football and not the Allardycian brand they served up for many decades, a grounded and thoughtful manager, young and exciting talent.

But it is still England and I am still a proud ABEG card carrying member for many reasons including, the world simply cannot afford the noise and arrogance of an English team winning a major tournament, the shenanigans of English fans (lasers, booing national anthems, etc.), the tendency to scapegoat minorities on the team when things go wrong, and to pour all adulation only on the "sons of the soils" when they go right, and last but not least, Harry Kane -- a decent baller who is all at once Pele, Maradona, Messi and Jesus when you are wearing English-tinted spectacles. All of this make it difficult if not impossible to ever support England.

So come Sunday, may the cup leave "home" on its way to Rome filled with the tears of many an Englishman. A-freakin-MEN!!! :sneaky:
Sounds pretty much a description of Nigerians to me.
Ask any African football fan.
Hell, ask any non-Nigerian right here on CE (that’s if they are brave enough to risk it)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:52 pm
theDunamis wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:16 pm I actually like this England team for many reasons including, their ability to play good football and not the Allardycian brand they served up for many decades, a grounded and thoughtful manager, young and exciting talent.

Hell, ask any non-Nigerian right here on CE (that’s if they are brave enough to risk it)
So says the man that professed more faith in Nigeria's thieving government than the Nigerian people!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Shaw to Raheeeeeeeeem
Beating onnnnnnnnne,
Beating two, beating threeeeeeeeeee

Maaaaazi Ohsee, bop bop bop
Good times never felt so good
So good, so good, so good
Maaaazi Ohsee, bop bop bop
As they did in Nor-mandy
So good, so good, so good!
Maaaaazi Ohsee, bop bop bop...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

furiously frank wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:40 pm

So says the man that professed more faith in Nigeria's thieving government than the Nigerian people!
Welcome.
What took you so long?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

ABEG CALL TO ARMS

Even though great teams of Europe have fallen in the face of English chicanery, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall remain defiant tomorrow night, we shall remain defiant in front of our the screens of our ipads and TVs, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength on CE , we shall defend our game, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on whatsapp forums, we shall fight on facebook, we shall fight on our computers and our phones; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this ABEG group or a large part of it were to end tomorrow night dissapointed and demoralised, then our fight will carry on beyond this tournament, until, in God's good time, in a new World, the true order of football is restored.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:52 pmSounds pretty much a description of Nigerians to me.
Perhaps. And perhaps that's why we likewise have the likes of Ogolo, and once upon a time TFCO, and our members from other African countries who laugh and ridicule us when our oversized dreams crash hard into the brick wall of reality.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

AreaDaddy wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:35 am ABEG CALL TO ARMS

Even though great teams of Europe have fallen in the face of English chicanery, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall remain defiant tomorrow night, we shall remain defiant in front of our the screens of our ipads and TVs, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength on CE , we shall defend our game, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on whatsapp forums, we shall fight on facebook, we shall fight on our computers and our phones; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this ABEG group or a large part of it were to end tomorrow night dissapointed and demoralised, then our fight will carry on beyond this tournament, until, in God's good time, in a new World, the true order of football is restored.

LETS GO!!!

uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:59 pm

LETS GO!!!

ABEG, let us use this instead:

Last edited by uglyoneiamagain on Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Abeg forget all dat.
Just send me some Bitcoin and I will settle the refs :twisted:

Wha choo looking at?!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I missed the time when we booed other team's national anthems, or when our holigans attacked city centres or other country's fans. Every game I have been to, Nigerian fans have been respectful to the other teams. I also missed where a core part of our football support has been linked to extremist groups.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

If England wins tomorrow I'll stop watching the news and the BBC in general. We will be inundated with countless documentaries, interwives etc about the team. God forbid Harry Kane scores :curse:

Please Italy save us from disaster. I know for a fact majority of Scots will be praying and hoping Italy prevail.

I hope the referee is brave tomorrow and isn't intimidated and bullied by the crowd

Someone needs investigate how England generally get easy groups going into these tournaments. I think that's where the fix is
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theDunamis wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:56 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:52 pmSounds pretty much a description of Nigerians to me.
Perhaps. And perhaps that's why we likewise have the likes of Ogolo, and once upon a time TFCO, and our members from other African countries who laugh and ridicule us when our oversized dreams crash hard into the brick wall of reality.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yes o.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:34 pm If England wins tomorrow I'll stop watching the news and the BBC in general. We will be inundated with countless documentaries, interwives etc about the team. God forbid Harry Kane scores :curse:

Please Italy save us from disaster. I know for a fact majority of Scots will be praying and hoping Italy prevail.

I hope the referee is brave tomorrow and isn't intimidated and bullied by the crowd

Someone needs investigate how England generally get easy groups going into these tournaments. I think that's where the fix is
I’ve thought about this long and hard and have come to the conclusion that my main interest in the outcome of England’s games is the ABEG people. :rotf:

It’s not really a mad love for England, but the pure joy of seeing people with so much deep-rooted, irrational beef coming to grief.

Much like I couldn’t wait to see the faces of Rethugs taking in an Obama and later a Biden victory.

If not for the ABEGs, I’d probably want Italy to win tomorrow because of their attractive style, but the thought of all you haters wailing in agony is too attractive to give up. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:57 pm Shaw to Raheeeeeeeeem
Beating onnnnnnnnne,
Beating two, beating threeeeeeeeeee

Maaaaazi Ohsee, bop bop bop
Good times never felt so good
So good, so good, so good
Maaaazi Ohsee, bop bop bop
As they did in Nor-mandy
So good, so good, so good!
Maaaaazi Ohsee, bop bop bop...
E go clear you tomorrow. :taunt: :D
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

‘He is nine years old’ – more Danes tell of being abused by England fans
Danish supporters say they were verbally abused at Wembley
One fan claims England fans spat at children

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... gland-fans

More Denmark fans have come forward to say they were verbally abused by England supporters at Wembley during Wednesday’s Euro 2020 semi-final, with one parent describing how her nine-year-old son was “booed in the face” and that she and her husband were shouted at after the game.

Imaan Madsen, a Danish citizen living in the UK, told the Observer that the family of three had not experienced any problems during the game but as they left the stadium England fans shouted “**** Denmark” and other slurs at them.

“Our nine-year-old son was booed directly into his face by one fan,” she said. “He had the Danish flag painted on his face and wore a viking hat and a Denmark kit. We had to wipe the colour off his face and cover up his clothes to stop the abuse. I am absolutely gutted with the behaviour of some English fans, especially towards a child.”

On Friday Jeanette Jørgensen told the Guardian that people had shouted “you don’t belong here” and tried to take her Danish flag. “We had a Danish flag and they were trying to take it away from me,” she said “but I pulled it back and said: ‘Just leave it.’ Then they started pulling my hair as well and I couldn’t believe what was happening. It was quite frightening.”

Allan Nielsen told the Observer on Saturday that he saw Denmark fans being spat at and nearby police doing nothing about it. “Overall the whole experience was very frightening and we felt like we were walking in a war zone and that it was just a matter of time before someone would come at us,” he said. “We saw English fans spitting at kids.”

He said he was surprised at the lax security at the game. “When we entered the stadium security didn’t check the Covid app for test results. They hardly checked our bags either. I just told them what I had in my belt bag and that was fine – no wonder they could bring fireworks and laser pointers.”

Other fans who contacted the Guardianthe Observer were also upset with the security inside the stadium and the fact that England supporters managed to sit in the Denmark sections. Birgitte Surtees went to the game with her English husband and their Danish-English son.

“Going through security at the stadium was very easy and my bag was not checked,” she said. “Also we had been told beforehand to bring our passports in order to match our tickets to our documents but nothing was checked.

“Inside the stadium we took our seats and waited. Suddenly the seats around us started filling up with English supporters. I heard them shout to others that there were empty seats here and suddenly we had about 30 [England] supporters sitting around us. There was no security around and after being shouted at we managed to move a few seats away from the ones we felt were the most aggressive.”

Surtees says one fan shouted in her ear how “sh..it Denmark was, how sh..it I was and that I was a whore”. She says her main complaint is that it felt as if there was no crowd control, no seat checking and that there were not enough police or security personnel at the stadium. She and other fans are in the process of making a complaint to Uefa and the Danish football federation.

Søren Moldaschl, who travelled from Scotland for the game, says he was lucky enough to be in a section which had an “amazing” atmosphere for almost all of the game and only a handful of English fans. He says that other Danish sections of the ground “were full of English fans” and that “despite being told to bring photo ID, there was no cross-checking of that with the tickets and seats/sections”.

Uefa said in a statement: “We have not received any complaint to date. Please note that the safety and security at the stadium is managed by the local organising structure.” The Football Association has been contacted for comment.

Wha choo looking at?!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:24 pmUefa said in a statement: “We have not received any complaint to date. Please note that the safety and security at the stadium is managed by the local organising structure.” The Football Association has been contacted for comment.
That right there is an idiotic cop-out by UEFA. Dumb! Just dumb! You are the owner and organizer of the competition. You are in effect the CEO but you telling us to "note that" a key deliverable of your company is handled by someone else. In other words, "Why are you asking me? I'm just the CEO."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh the humiliation awaiting this group should England do the unexpected :rotf:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!