Next ABEG meeting Monday June 12.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Next ABEG meeting Monday June 12.

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1. England have topped their group without conceding a single goal. The last time that happened in a major tournament was ... 1966 :mrgreen:

2. England are stringing together a series of 1-0 wins. Remember the last time a team did that? Hint: Spain.

Edit: Italia vincere, vincereeee, vincereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! There will be a big, joyous and happy ABEG meeting on Monday June 12, at time 00:00:00

Don't miss it!! On the menu

Antipasti:

Tuscan bread with olive oil

Mozzarella caprese

Bruschetta

Pasta e fagioli

San Pellegrino sparkling spring water (imported directly from Italia)

Wine list:

Chianti
Lambrusco
Montepulciano
and on and on..

Main course:

Penne san remo

Pasta a la Carbonara

Dessert:

What else ?!?

Cannelloni (leave the gun, take the cannelloni)

Mangiare!!!

(ordered straight from Carmine's, a lot of offers that cannot be refused have been made here)
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ominous signs for the ABEG club

Post by AreaDaddy »

They are clutching at straws. The England I saw against the Czech Republic has no business in the finals.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

AreaDaddy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:21 pm They are clutching at straws. The England I saw against the Czech Republic has no business in the finals.
You should check out clips of Italy at the first round of WC 1982(which they won). They looked like garbage, stringing together 0-0 and 1-1 draws against mighty Peru, Cameroon and Poland.

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Oga Scipio of this England win the Euros I will pay you £100. I am declaring now

I am shocked to see they are even worse than i thought before the championship started :rotf:

Even common Zimbabwe would put up a fight against this abysmal team :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:22 pm Oga Scipio of this England win the Euros I will pay you £100. I am declaring now

I am shocked to see they are even worse than i thought before the championship started :rotf:

Hm, Oga, I no know o! This England team look extremely hard to score against. Remember what the wise man Dennis Rodman once said:

"Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships"

If only they would drop Kane the goals would start flowing.

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

June 29th 1944, Battle of Normandy, hooks and haymakers aplenty. Germany clobbered into submission. England vs Germany, Wembley, Euro 2020. Date? June 29th. Germany don't stand a chance.

History.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:55 pm 1. England have topped their group without conceding a single goal. The last time that happened in a major tournament was ... 1966 :mrgreen:

2. England are stringing together a series of 1-0 wins. Remember the last time a team did that? Hint: Spain.
DEFCON still 5.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am am the CEO of A.B.E.G
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 pm
Hm, Oga, I no know o! This England team look extremely hard to score against. Remember what the wise man Dennis Rodman once said:

:D Hard to score against b/c they were playing against a washed up Croatia, mighty Scotland and bouncing Czechs. Pickford is probably the worst goalie in the tournament.

As a commentator said when Germany beat them in the last game at the old Wembley: "Don't invite the Germans to your party".
http://www.naijiant.com/
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

cic old boy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:21 pm

:D Hard to score against b/c they were playing against a washed up Croatia, mighty Scotland and bouncing Czechs. Pickford is probably the worst goalie in the tournament.

As a commentator said when Germany beat them in the last game at the old Wembley: "Don't invite the Germans to your party".
:lol: :lol: :lol: Be careful, those Czechs might actually be worth something in the bank. I have them as possible winners too.

Wha choo looking at?!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:10 pm i am am the CEO of A.B.E.G
Barely a mailroom gadfly.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am calling out Scipio Africanus you rated this hyped English folks
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

scopio is this what your England will do next week? :D
SuperEagles

Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:22 pm Oga Scipio of this England win the Euros I will pay you £100. I am declaring now

England are always good and disciplined in compact games and in games against weaker opposition when they score early enough. When a game opens up, as it has to against the better teams, they totally lose their discipline and composure all over the pitch.

They are also now playing short 1 in Harry Kane, from wat I read here, which means midfielders and defenders have to work harder and tire quicker.

Hopefully the game against Germany on Tuesday would be exciting and the better team on the night goes through.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:02 am June 29th 1944, Battle of Normandy, hooks and haymakers aplenty. Germany clobbered into submission. England vs Germany, Wembley, Euro 2020. Date? June 29th. Germany don't stand a chance.

History.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
June 29 1944? Never heard of this important date. :lol: Will the Yanks and Canadians be coming to help clobber the Squareheads? :D :taunt: My understanding is that the Yanks (Omaha Beach) did most of the clobbering on June 6 1944, ably assisted by the Canadians (Juno Beach). As far as I know, there will be no Yanks and Canadians at Wembley. :D :taunt: I fully expect Germany to have their way with their number one wife. :lol:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:45 pm

Das woram talmbout! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But it will probably be a 3-0 Ingerlund win. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:29 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:02 am June 29th 1944, Battle of Normandy, hooks and haymakers aplenty. Germany clobbered into submission. England vs Germany, Wembley, Euro 2020. Date? June 29th. Germany don't stand a chance.

History.
June 29 1944? Never heard of this important date. :lol: Will the Yanks and Canadians be coming to help clobber the Squareheads? :D :taunt: My understanding is that the Yanks (Omaha Beach) did most of the clobbering on June 6 1944, ably assisted by the Canadians (Juno Beach). As far as I know, there will be no Yanks and Canadians at Wembley. :D :taunt: I fully expect Germany to have their way with their number one wife. :lol:
If that blockhead Southgate plays Kane, then maybe. If he drops Kane and lets loose the black British boys(+ Foden, who looks kinda Black) .. Hm! Na German surrender be dat o! 8-)

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:51 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:45 pm

Das woram talmbout! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But it will probably be a 3-0 Ingerlund win. :mrgreen:
Oga m Skip, e no go happun. Chineke no go gree. Although. I am fearing that Jaman defence. Mats Hummels na yoroyoro defender. He needs to be replaced.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:53 pm

History.
If that blockhead Southgate plays Kane, then maybe. If he drops Kane and lets loose the black British boys(+ Foden, who looks kinda Black) .. Hm! Na German surrender be dat o! 8-)
:D
Skip, that blockhead will play Kane because if he does not and they lose, you know what blockhead English pundits will say. :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, evidently the WWII section in the bookshelf behind you is seldom frequented. The Yanks, bobbing up and down in the water like Dunkin’ Donuts are a Tokyo torpedoing, look on in marvel as the brave British Bulldogs marched into the thick of it. Haymakers? Not half.

Germany know what Germany gets when she comes to Ol’ London Town, a bloody good rollicking.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:08 pm @Mazi, evidently the WWII section in the bookshelf behind you is seldom frequented. The Yanks, bobbing up and down in the water like Dunkin’ Donuts are a Tokyo torpedoing, look on in marvel as the brave British Bulldogs marched into the thick of it. Haymakers? Not half.

Germany know what Germany gets when she comes to Ol’ London Town, a bloody good rollicking.
Coachito nwokem, I wish I could keep my hands off my WW II books. :D :taunt: My books tell me the Brits were as lousy at fighting Germans as they are at the civilized war on the football pitch. :rotf: The Brits were an embarrassment in Normandy, and everywhere else they faced the Germans. :oops: :lol: Only Captain Hurricane (Captain Harry Kane? :lol: ) comic books manufactured all kinds of imaginary wins for Britain. :rotf: We'll see on Tuesday. :biggrin:
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

England 1 vs Germany 3

All German goals scored in the 2nd half after a first 6 minutes goal from Inglanterra.

The Dutch are coming,
The Dutch are coming
The Dutch are coming!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:59 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:53 pm

History.
:D
Skip, that blockhead will play Kane because if he does not and they lose, you know what blockhead English pundits will say. :lol:
I think Southgate might finally man up and drop Kane. if he knows what is good for him he should play Sancho, who knows German football inside out.

On the German side, they have Musiala, the Naija boy who saved their bacon against Hungary. If he starts for Germany and Southgate starts Kane, I hereby withdraw all my predictions in advance. :taunt: :taunt:
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wha choo looking at?!