Next ABEG meeting Monday June 12.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ominous signs for the ABEG club

Post by Coach »

The same “Super Power” treading water after a thorough torpedoing? Yogi is trembling in his boots, another Battle of Britain, another running of the gauntlet where his forefathers fell, another perilous march through the marshlands of Old London Town. Would come as no surprise were there a few late withdrawals. Desertion? More like common sense. Wives and children to go home to.

“I haffen unter white flaggen Herr Southgate”.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

White flag waving. Just as it did in ‘45. Ich bin bottlejoben hafen hoffen.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

It's coming home! it's coming home! Football is coming home! ABEG don suffer.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ABEG treasury in great danger. Mass resignations. Dues will go unpaid until 2022.

Wha choo looking at?!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Germany are weakened. Under Low they have seriously regressed from the side that won in Brazil. Perhaps personnel but definitely tactician.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It’s over chaps. History. Guess what happens vs Sweden?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cristao II wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:48 pm Germany are weakened. Under Low they have seriously regressed from the side that won in Brazil. Perhaps personnel but definitely tactician.
Why don't people want to give Southgate credit! He is the most successful England coach since 1966!

He got them to WC SF! So getting to last eight of Euro is no big deal.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:51 pm It’s over chaps. History. Guess what happens vs Sweden?
On the menu, Swedish meatballs with a splash of Lingonberry. Washed down with warm ale! Euuuughhhh!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:02 am June 29th 1944, Battle of Normandy, hooks and haymakers aplenty. Germany clobbered into submission. England vs Germany, Wembley, Euro 2020. Date? June 29th. Germany don't stand a chance.

History.
Simple.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:56 pm
Cristao II wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:48 pm Germany are weakened. Under Low they have seriously regressed from the side that won in Brazil. Perhaps personnel but definitely tactician.
Why don't people want to give Southgate credit! He is the most successful England coach since 1966!

Not disrespecting Southgate but rather Germany. England have done well. Euro 96 all over again?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

ohsee wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:57 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:08 pm @Mazi, evidently the WWII section in the bookshelf behind you is seldom frequented. The Yanks, bobbing up and down in the water like Dunkin’ Donuts are a Tokyo torpedoing, look on in marvel as the brave British Bulldogs marched into the thick of it. Haymakers? Not half.

Germany know what Germany gets when she comes to Ol’ London Town, a bloody good rollicking.
Coachito nwokem, I wish I could keep my hands off my WW II books. :D :taunt: My books tell me the Brits were as lousy at fighting Germans as they are at the civilized war on the football pitch. :rotf: The Brits were an embarrassment in Normandy, and everywhere else they faced the Germans. :oops: :lol: Only Captain Hurricane (Captain Harry Kane? :lol: ) comic books manufactured all kinds of imaginary wins for Britain. :rotf: We'll see on Tuesday. :biggrin:
And so we did.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The warmest.

Let’s hope the Itals are brave enough to collect their beating.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coachito, you were making the same noise in 2018.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:56 pm

Bobby Robson got to the WC semis in 1990.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

This is the worst German side since Euro 2000. Low was completely useless. Why was Muller on the pitch till the dying mins? He gave the ball away practically every time. Harvetz has no business starting for Germany. Werner?????
http://www.naijiant.com/
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Stars aligning. Ukraine with the man advantage. Sweden would’ve been a tough one, Ukraine, not so. It’s coming home.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

2-1 Ukraine. Mazi, keep watching.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:52 pm
truetalk wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:47 pm On paper this should be somewhat easy for England.

The German team is in transition. Mainstays like Boateng are gone, some talented young talent coming through, but they are not experienced on the International stage. They could have lost 4-0 to France.

England have a better side, outside of Pickford. They should start Calvert-Lewin over Kane.

If England lose, it will be all mental. If they play without considering the name on the Jersey, it should be a hard earned 2-0 or 3-1 type victory for England
Indeed Germany are in transition. England though have quite a few IMHO overrated players especially in defence and central midfield.
Played out as expected, except that Pickford was the better GK on the day. Even Neuer looks done.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:32 pm 2-1 Ukraine. Mazi, keep watching.
Potato pancakes on the menu then. How does that go down with a stiff London Dry Gin?

Wha choo looking at?!
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57638163

Here is my problem with Inglanterra, they are already looking forward to the finals:
England will never, ever have a better opportunity to win the Euros."

That was former captain Alan Shearer's verdict after the Three Lions' 2-0 win over Germany in the last 16.

This was the round - where England knew they would have to play the runners-up of the group containing France, Germany, Portugal and Hungary - that was was seen by many as the major obstacle for Gareth Southgate's side en route to a potential final.

In fact, going into their last group game against the Czech Republic, there were suggestions England would be better off finishing as runners-up and entering the other side of the draw.

But with Germany eliminated and the Netherlands too, England are now clear favourites to reach the final.

"If you could have picked something like that draw then you would have," Shearer said on BBC One. "We've beaten Germany and we've done it in an impressive way.

"The draw is decent I would say. They're at Wembley - I know they go away for the next game - but if they're lucky enough to get to a final that would have been six games at Wembley and you can't ask for any more than that with an atmosphere like this."
Respect your darn opponents dudes!
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

cic old boy wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:33 pm This is the worst German side since Euro 2000. Low was completely useless. Why was Muller on the pitch till the dying mins? He gave the ball away practically every time. Harvetz has no business starting for Germany. Werner?????
Havertz was their best player, DEFCON 4 for now but not bothered.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Its like Low didnt even bother. Doesnt he know that it will be unbearable if these a$$holes win a major tournament? :curse: :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I think we need an emergency ABEG meeting. This is getting serious
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.