Patrick Vieira @Crystal Palace: WK 38 - Big Pat takes CP to 12th to end season CP 1 - MU 0 (W11 D15 L12, 48pts)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Patrick Vieira is new coach of Crystal Palace

Post by furiously frank »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:05 pm
furiously frank wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:27 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:39 pm Hmmm WHile I have not watched any of their pre-season games in full, I have seen all/most highlights and I am excited to follow Pat's team this season.
The last black coach in EPL with a respectable record was also French, he coached Fulham: guess who?
The great Jean Tigana! He even owns his own vineyard, and occasionally hands out beautifully packaged wines from there as a gift. Typical Frenchie :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: You got it! The guys is class act. He doesn't send
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:13 pm
joao wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:07 pm Two games into the season is not enough to assess any coach.
Something like a third of the games in the season should make the worth of the coach clearer,
and whether he/she needs better players to work with.
he ha shad three already and lost all 3 but he will come good.

Lost two epl and one efl today to watford.
He didn't lose to Brentford, it was draw.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:34 am
joao wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:07 pm Two games into the season is not enough to assess any coach.
Something like a third of the games in the season should make the worth of the coach clearer,

When I read that I thought somebody poured alcohol in my drink.
Lost two EPL games ke? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:34 am

My bad - yes that was a draw.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Yessss!!!! Crystal Palace beating Tottenham 2-0. Have outplayed them all game. This game should be 4-0 but for Benteke's horrible link up play.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle Pat gets his first win! Upwards and onwards from here! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:02 pm Uncle Pat gets his first win! Upwards and onwards from here! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oh wow! Been driving so missed this but this is huge. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Did Olise play?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:06 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:02 pm Uncle Pat gets his first win! Upwards and onwards from here! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oh wow! Been driving so missed this but this is huge. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Did Olise play?
He came on very late and within 3 minutes, had a hand in the 3rd goal, driving at the Tott defense before passing to Gallagher who passed to Edouard to score the 3rd.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Senator WIRES wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:16 pm Wilfred Zaha stays!!!! :???: :???:
Good thing for Viera that Zaha stayed given he’s one of a bare handful of quality players to work with. Good win today vs. Spurs.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:15 pm This is one appointment I don't like at all. Looks like they are looking for a scapegoat having mismanaged the recruitment of replacement for Hogdson and the messy transfer situation in club. There is enough mess in that place right now to pull the club down...
Your post echoes my initial gut feeling but it is what it is. Same thing routinely occurred in USA pro leagues (NFL, NBA, etc). when blacks were given the ‘opportunity’ to break into head coaching jobs, they always got the WORST jobs. They had to work twice as hard to succeed eg Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay when they were absolute shiet. Hopefully, Viera will succeed. I like his approach. How quickly he’s able to integrate the young signings will play a role in his ability to keep CP in the EPL this season.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:11 pm Yessss!!!! Crystal Palace beating Tottenham 2-0. Have outplayed them all game. This game should be 4-0 but for Benteke's horrible link up play.
Benteke is finished after their new signing scored a brace in a handful of minutes. He was super useless today
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...CP did a smash and grab on the Totts.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:14 pm ...CP did a smash and grab on the Totts.
You clearly did not watch the game or you dont know what "smash and grab" means. :oops:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:02 pm
oloye wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:15 pm This is one appointment I don't like at all. Looks like they are looking for a scapegoat having mismanaged the recruitment of replacement for Hogdson and the messy transfer situation in club. There is enough mess in that place right now to pull the club down...
Your post echoes my initial gut feeling but it is what it is. Same thing routinely occurred in USA pro leagues (NFL, NBA, etc). when blacks were given the ‘opportunity’ to break into head coaching jobs, they always got the WORST jobs. They had to work twice as hard to succeed eg Tony Dungy at Tampa Bay when they were absolute shiet. Hopefully, Viera will succeed. I like his approach. How quickly he’s able to integrate the young signings will play a role in his ability to keep CP in the EPL this season.
The good thing is he has done a good job in the transfer season. If that Eduard guy can give them 10 - 15 goals with others chipping in,they should be fine.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:28 pm
The good thing is he has done a good job in the transfer season. If that Eduard guy can give them 10 - 15 goals with others chipping in,they should be fine.

True.

I saw them in pre-season and you could tell they were being coached. There was a clear pattern to their game. Even against a tough opponent today, they did no deviate from what they planned.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they outplayed Spurs.. I was so shocked how lovely their football was today
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

One can see a plan being implemented and the players are slowly buying into it.

Issue will be the brainlessness of some of the older players will rear its ugly head in some games and cost them unnecessarily.

Totally outplayed Spurs today and should have won by a larger margin if Ayew and Benteke or even that kid Gallagher were half accurate.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:43 pm One can see a plan being implemented and the players are slowly buying into it.

Issue will be the brainlessness of some of the older players will rear its ugly head in some games and cost them unnecessarily.

Totally outplayed Spurs today and should have won by a larger margin if Ayew and Benteke or even that kid Gallagher were half accurate.
Just saw the highlights on MOTD.
Really impressed by their movement and drive for goal.
Looked like a totally reborn side. Great win, well deserved. :thumb:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:44 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:14 pm ...CP did a smash and grab on the Totts.
You clearly did not watch the game or you dont know what "smash and grab" means. :oops:
...yep, I do know what it means.
They smashed a top side.
Grabbed valuable 3 points :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye in one stance , you changed your views
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:36 pm

Thats a sign of maturity and strength.

Not liek Nnayi TXJ who will die in a rabbit hole, just to make sure he sticks to his dead wrong point. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:36 pm
You are always looking and sniping for trouble even where there is none. I dont like the appointment because i smell trouble,that has not changed . The whole place was in a mess ,even.Viera acknowledged it.

In my second post i acknowledged that Viera has managed the situation very well.

What position am i changing here. Did i say i am now okay with him taking the job?

I am still not comfortable with him taking the job,but i want him to suceed for obvious reason. Because of him i have become a supporter of Crystal Palace ,a club i dont even.bother to watch unless they are playing one of the big teams.

I know you are just looking for trouble...so continue :taunt:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho