Patrick Vieira @Crystal Palace: WK 38 - Big Pat takes CP to 12th to end season CP 1 - MU 0 (W11 D15 L12, 48pts)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Patrick Vieira @Crystal Palace WK 8: ARS 2 CP 2 (W1 D5 L2)

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:30 pm Vierra is better than Arteta. Arsenal will have to keep an eye on him.
Ahh you have changed your stand ? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Barca is eyeing him
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

kajifu wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:20 pm Barca is eyeing him
No they’re not. Catalonia can not afford to dispense of Mazi Ronald Koeman, should they find enough change in the pockets of their jeans, Roberto Martinez is seen as the perfect Admiral to stir the ship to the depths of the ocean.

Brigadier will do well keeping Palace in and around the midtable. Admire the identity instilled and the willing runners, hopefully they’ll turn the performances into points.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Having a tough time at home against a spirited Newcastle. Looks like another draw in the bag for Captain Pat.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Patrick Vieira @Crystal Palace WK 9: CP 1 NEW 1 (W1 D6 L2)

Captain Pat denied a win again. This time by VAR.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Patrick Vieira @Crystal Palace WK 9: CP 1 NEW 1 (W1 D6 L2)

MICAH RICHARDS: Patrick Vieira could follow in the steps of Pep Guardiola... I've seen how well he leads and his Crystal Palace team have been much better than their points tally suggests

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... leads.html

The moments before the 2011 FA Cup semi-final were tense and Manchester City's dressing room was filled with a nervous energy.

Things were not as they normally were and something needed to happen before we headed out to face Manchester United. Up stepped Patrick Vieira. 'Everyone be quiet,' Patrick ordered.

A few of the lads looked at each other as if to say 'what is happening?' but soon everything became clear. Patrick had been with us for 18 months; he was approaching the end of his playing career but the fire was still burning inside him. He was about to show the traits that set him apart.

'So many times we've been overlooked; they talk about us as being a money club – put that noise to one side,' he said. 'You are top players but this is where you become great players and make your name. Do not come off the pitch with regrets. If we leave everything out there, I promise you win.'

You could have heard a pin drop as he spoke but there was bedlam when he finished. His speech made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I will remember it for the rest my life. We went on to beat United 1-0 and then lifted the Cup a month later, beating Stoke by the same score.

I tell this story to give an insight into the potential Patrick has now he is a manager. He returns to City on Saturday in charge of Crystal Palace and should his managerial career continue to progress the way I hope it will, I see no reason why his name wouldn't at least be in the conversation as a potential successor to Pep Guardiola.

Admittedly Palace have only won one of their nine Premier League fixtures so far, and I can therefore understand why some may question why I believe Patrick has the credentials to be in the conversation for what is now one of the biggest jobs in world football.

Let me explain. I saw at close quarters how he adapted when City put him in charge of the Under-23 squad. He wants his teams to press high up the pitch but he also wants his defenders to be able to play out from the back and that philosophy fits in with the club's vision.

There is, however, so much more to it than a playing style. Patrick is someone you want to follow into battle. Sometimes when older players turn up at club, they don't always get the respect they should from younger members of the dressing room but that never the case with him at City.

Patrick was Roberto Mancini's first signing and his contribution in those early years sometimes gets overlooked. He was absolutely horrible in training, he never spared you in a tackle but to have him as a team-mate was an education.

If you asked him to do something for you, he never let you down. So if he asked you to do something in return, you felt obliged to do the same. I read something about Eberechi Eze, the Palace winger, saying he was overwhelmed when he first met Vieira and I get what he means.

This is no ordinary footballer. Patrick, like Steven Gerrard at Rangers, commands immediate respect for all that he achieved. Young players now will have grown up idolising them and, on his reputation alone, they will want to run through a brick wall for him.

He is as hard as nails in a battle but he is also cool, calm and collected and that attitude made a big impression on people such as Khaldoon Al-Mubarak, City's chairman and Brian Marwood, City Football Group's Managing Director of Global Football, who were instrumental in handing him the opportunity of overseeing the Manchester City under-23 side.

Sometimes the best managerial appointments are those who know a club inside out before they take charge. Look at Guardiola at Barcelona – his only experience before being unveiled in 2008 was with Barca's B team but, given what he had accomplished as a player, the role held no surprises.

I understand, of course, that some will be skeptical about him and will simply look at how he was sacked by Nice after a run of five consecutive defeats last year.

To that I would argue the landscape changed during that job and financial constraints meant he had to sell his best players, one of whom was Allan Saint-Maximin to Newcastle.

When Palace appointed him on the back of that job, plenty of judges would have had them down as being relegation candidates particularly as they had lost so many senior players and Roy Hodgson's steady hand was off the wheel.

Say what you like about Hodgson but he guaranteed survival.

Not for one minute did I consider Palace to be relegation candidates and nothing I have seen in these opening three months has made me think my gut feeling was wrong. Conor Gallagher, on loan from Chelsea, has caught my eye.

I just hope Palace turn these draws into wins – they should have beaten Arsenal and Brighton – as there will come a point in the campaign when things are more challenging and teams in the bottom half can lose confidence when they don't get results.

The man who is leading them, though, will not lose confidence. Whatever happens at the Etihad on Saturday, Patrick Vieira is going places. Who knows? One day his journey might bring him back to Manchester again.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Patrick Vieira @Crystal Palace WK 10: MC 0 CP 0 (W1 D6 L2)

CP take the lead against Man City!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Zaha with a beautifully placed ball to stun the home crowd!!! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Patrick Vieira @Crystal Palace WK 10: MC 0 CP 1 (W2 D6 L2)

Ayew brilliantly dispossessed MC but runs into a cul-de-sac. Typical! :curse:

That was a brilliant opty for a counter!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

What a save by Guaita from Rodri's stinger missile of a shot!!! Didn't even give up a rebound! :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Big Pat easily outcoaching the Spanish Primadonna named Peperempe :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ayew don collect card. Mschewww!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Whoever said that defense isn't nice to watch must hate watching football. No joy whatsoever for Man City between the lines. Those half-spaces that Pep loves to exploit have been well and truly padlocked and fenced off. What a clinic from Cap'n Pat!!!! :thumbs:

What a well drilled team. Chei!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

CP mess up two outlet passes in a row.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Laporte cynically pulls down Zaha when he would have been clear on goal. And it's a ...RED!!! RED! ROJO!! for Laporte! Man City are down to 10!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Shut the fock up Gabriel Jesus. :curse: Stupid Brazilian brat. :mad:

Wha choo looking at?!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

First time.im.wwtching CP play under Vieira and they are actually doing well :thumbs:

Will probably get shouted at but it's fine but I can't think of any top tier team in Europe's leagues that has so few black players as Guardiola's Man City that I am watching right now. In fact all the teams at City's level almost always have half the team as black. Except Man City. Coincidence :blink: . Maybe :rotf:

Anyway come.on Palace
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

:thumbs: :thumbs:

This Zaha na proper garage tout !! see how is has donated 1 RC and 2 yellows to shitty :clap: :clap: :clap:

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:54 pm :thumbs: :thumbs:

This Zaha na proper garage tout !! see how is has donated 1 RC and 2 yellows to shitty :clap: :clap: :clap:
Plus goal to gloat

...Socrates
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:54 pm :thumbs: :thumbs:

Plus including goal. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

False 9ing against a team set up to sit deep and give up all the ball like a steakhouse supplier...hmmm?

Questions will be asked of Oga Grealish and rightly so, makes City somewhat pedestrian in attack and rids them of the pacey outlet. Plenty left to play but giving up ground to Liverpool isn’t advisable this season.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:37 pm Whoever said that defense isn't nice to watch must hate watching football. No joy whatsoever for Man City between the lines. Those half-spaces that Pep loves to exploit have been well and truly padlocked and fenced off. What a clinic from Cap'n Pat!!!! :thumbs:

What a well drilled team. Chei!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Defense is only not nice to watch when they hate the coach who is implementing it. :lol: :lol:

Abeg make I enjoy my Uncle Pat doing what he has proven he can do very well, jare!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

2-0!!!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Shiattttt!!! Possible offside :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!