Italy vs Spain(1-1)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: Italy vs Spain(1-1)

Post by Sleaky72 »

Well Done Espana!!
You have nothing to be ashamed of.
My prediction of Italy beating England in the final still lives on!!!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

This is another ITALIAN JOB!!!
Bravo!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its a Goal wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:37 pm Italy deserved it. Hung on despite Spain playing them off the park.
This is why u are a Spuds fan!

You have to see the game in the context in which it is played...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Great game.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:39 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:37 pm Italy deserved it. Hung on despite Spain playing them off the park.

Damn :sneaky: :sneaky: :oops:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We need 1 more Italian job
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Spain did it to themselves...stupid team, imagine not giving a direct player like Traore a chance, but playing an utterly useless Oyarzabal continuously...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg
Re: Italy vs Spain(1-0)

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

I beg, make these Italos no come stop football from coming home o!
-Simpli fy -
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This Italian team is slightly overrated and Spain demonstrated that today. Denmark will fancy their chances against them in the final.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 pm This Italian team is slightly overrated and Spain demonstrated that today. Denmark will fancy their chances against them in the final.
England you mean
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He's right though. Italy had to dig deep not to concede more than one

But Spain did look better

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nope Denmark. Watch England mess it up tomorrow
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:45 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 pm This Italian team is slightly overrated and Spain demonstrated that today. Denmark will fancy their chances against them in the final.
England you mean
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What a player Pedri is.

For more than a year I have heard multiple EPL pundits herald us with how good Phil Foden is. A good player, yes. But that's it...

He's not on the level of Pedri or Fati and multiple other players in la liga

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 pm I beg, make these Italos no come stop football from coming home o!
The English aerial bombardment will do them in. The Lancasters and the Halifaxes are warming up on the runway ...

Hm, na joke I dey joke o! This Italian team is a juggernaut. The Felix Legions of Rome. SPQR. Roma Victrix! Ave!!

Wha choo looking at?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:46 pm He's right though. Italy had to dig deep not to concede more than one

But Spain did look better

Its not a beauty contest...

A well balanced game in which Italian resilience came thru...

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:47 pm What a player Pedri is.

For more than a year I have heard multiple EPL pundits herald us with how good Phil Foden is. A good player, yes. But that's it...

Please stop it.
You can hype one without downing the other.
Foden has shown his class and skill in a rugged league
made even tougher by extreme elements, pressure and more physical players. He has the skill and ability to play in any league.

One day hopefully we shall see Fati and Pedri ply their trade in the EPL and compare ...
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:51 pm

Please stop it.
made even tougher by extreme elements, pressure and more physical players. He has the skill and ability to play in any league.

One day hopefully we shall see Fati and Pedri ply their trade in the EPL and compare ...
Yet he can't play in the Euros!
Another EPL fan!

There's more football content in a la liga game than 3 EPL games added together...

theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Spain lost today but seriously, this team is 2 to 3 players away from another potential era of greatness. As much as I always root against Spain, the writing is on the wall again and I hate it.

And Pedri. I don't even know what to say and not say about that kid. And only 18?!?!!????
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:48 pm
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 pm I beg, make these Italos no come stop football from coming home o!
The English aerial bombardment will do them in. The Lancasters and the Halifaxes are warming up on the runway ...

Hm, na joke I dey joke o! This Italian team is a juggernaut. The Felix Legions of Rome. SPQR. Roma Victrix! Ave!!
:rotf: :rotf:
As usual, my CE brothers underestimating Inglaterra. Sterling, Foden, Kane, Grealish, Sancho... Denmark go chop something tomorrow, na koboko be the name.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Simpli fy -
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Please stop it.

Another EPL fan!

There's more football content in a la liga game than 3 EPL games added together...
Chill out Bruv.
My maternal grandpa is 100% Spanish and it’s the first
language I grew up with, so don’t paint me with that tag.
I grew up rooting for his Ath. Bilbao teams.

But back to the point in hand, how can ya compare a tournament to a season of the EPL? Makes no sense.

Again Fati and Pedri are immense talents, but Foden has the X Factor that none of em have.
One of the reasons CRON was able to dominate La Liga for so long
was his years of adapting the physicality gained from his EPL years into his time at Real. When his skills started deteriorating he became more of a physical beast to overcome those shortcomings.

Again we can complement both sets of players without trashing the other ... and pray tell who the “multiple others” are in La Liga that are better than Foden lol
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:37 pm FORZA ITALIA! ITS COMING TO THEIR CASA....

It's Coming to Rome.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:02 pm
txj wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 pm

Please stop it.

Another EPL fan!

Chill out Bruv.
My maternal grandpa is 100% Spanish and it’s the first
language I grew up with, so don’t paint me with that tag.
I grew up rooting for his Ath. Bilbao teams.

But back to the point in hand, how can ya compare a tournament to a season of the EPL? Makes no sense.

Again Fati and Pedri are immense talents, but Foden has the X Factor that none of em have.
One of the reasons CRON was able to dominate La Liga for so long
was his years of adapting the physicality gained from his EPL years into his time at Real. When his skills started deteriorating he became more of a physical beast to overcome those shortcomings.

Again we can complement both sets of players without trashing the other ... and pray tell who the “multiple others” are in La Liga that are better than Foden lol
Foden can't find his game in the Euros.

Nothing more to add....

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Italia! Italia! Italia! Bring on those impenetrable Britons. The Roman Legions will finish dem. :thumbs: