[Euro 2020- Final] - Italia vincere (Champions!)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: [Euro 2020- Final] - Italia vincere (Champions!)

Post by charlie »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:19 am
charlie wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 am Nigeria beat the USA in Olympics BBall warmups, and Italy beats racist English fans into a hateful frenzy!

What a wonderful, wonderful Day!!!!
The Italians aren't less racist themselves, but at least they are easier to tolerate than the entitled and annoyingly over-bearing English fans
All I know is one country has a well deserved reputation for thuggery when it comes to football, and especially when they lose, and it is not Italy I am speaking of.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Kai, Pickford stepped up and saved a couple but alas, the young mercenaries dropped the ball.

Sterling must have been smiling on the inside because he is old enough to know better than to step up to the spot on such occasion.

You live and learn.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:28 am Kai, Pickford stepped up and saved a couple but alas, the young mercenaries dropped the ball.

Sterling must have been smiling on the inside because he is old enough to know better than to step up to the spot on such occasion.

You live and learn.
mercenaries? how about the young colonizers that refused to take a pk? they are absolved in all of this?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Wise words Kaba. Sancho, Saka and Rashford should have done as the Hendersons and God Grealishes did.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:50 pm Dirty England fans doing what they know how to do best,

High emotions + alcohol = Combustible. I pity England sha, they found a way to wrestle defeat out of the jaws of victory.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Euro 2020-The Grand Final] - Ingran 1 Italia 1

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:14 am
txj wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:42 pm
felarey wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:30 pm How Mancini blunted England's attack despite losing his 2 starting full backs and slow retiree center backs is something. Speedsters like Sterling, Saka etc. couldn't use their pace for nothing. I thought England would look to exploit the retirees in defence in extra time but nathing. Perhaps Rashford and Sancho should have been in earlier.
Seems to stop Harry Kane, just be close to him and follow him around, he'll just head in the direction where he's less of a threat. I thought the Italians played dirty though, they kicked England and the ref was generous to them. In the end the match ended in a draw, the players can hold their heads high.
Gap between both teams was always in MF. Once Italy wrested control of MF, England had to look to the strength of tactical organization to be able to compete.

Perhaps those players could've come in earlier but it still required MF control.

IMO this England team is on a trajectory to make the WC final.
I thought since the midfield was lost, they'd look to counters or spaces behind the Italian defence. But I guess you also need players with vision and skill to drop those balls. Grealish sub helped but still no penetration. Chiellini and Bonucci rested and had a comfortable extra time. Perhaps it's the difference between a coach that's cut his teeth in top league football and has had to manage a team over a season and a Southgate who I think was great this tourney but perhaps got his use of resources wrong.
But they're limited in that key CM role. That is the point.

If you don't have the players, you look to the strengths of your tactical organization.

Peeps have to always take the English hype of PL players with a pinch of salt. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but not that good.

Grealish for instance is good, but not that good...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

UK CEs protect Saka o. This animals called English fans will make him the scape goat
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

My teams lost in the finals - Brazil and England.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

coach lost the game
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

asabatex wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:47 am My teams lost in the finals - Brazil and England.
Your team? Never knew you are English or is this a case of “we”?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

charlie wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:14 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:12 pm
charlie wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:10 pm Player of the tournament?

Has to be Federico Chiesa.
I would have chosen Spinazolla because he was out of this world, before he got hurt.
But Chiesa was incredible.
Very dumb decision by Southgate to have a 19 year old with no record of been good at spot kicks take a PK in such high pressure situation, Saka had no business taking a penalty over the likes of Henderson, Grealish etc
Hindsight is 2020. Give the Italian goalkeeper credit for stopping those penalities abeg!
I hate England, but Southgate is a major reason they made it this far and almost won it.
Na lie. England got this far in spite of Southgate. This crop of England squad is beyond his pay grade.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

oscar52 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:41 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:50 pm Dirty England fans doing what they know how to do best,

High emotions + alcohol = Combustible. I pity England sha, they found a way to wrestle defeat out of the jaws of victory.

That was prematch beatdown by paying fans.
They were attacking those who did not pay for the tickets to the match.
No wonder why Nigerians behave the way they do, see their English masters.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

E dey sweet them, they all want to play for England. Tomori, Tammy. SAKA...who next? Eze, etc...go and play for the country who prays only for the queen....rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:18 am E dey sweet them, they all want to play for England. Tomori, Tammy. SAKA...who next? Eze, etc...go and play for the country who prays only for the queen....rubbish
the coach sucks, they would've done better with Rohr.
Imagine who they had on the bench when they were 1 goal ahead.
They should have easily beaten Azuri by 2
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

felarey wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:23 am
charlie wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:12 am Nigeria beat the USA in Olympics BBall warmups, and Italy beats racist English fans into a hateful frenzy!

The Italians aren't less racist themselves, but at least they are easier to tolerate than the entitled and annoyingly over-bearing English fans
I take it you haven't spent much time around Italians. They discriminate against their own from places like Naples in Southern Italy calling them North Africans. Nobody got nothing on them when it comes to racism. The English can be annoying in football, but they're way ahead when it comes to race issues. Atleast they're attempting to make it work.
One country is racist in your face. The other country plays lip service to racism. Both are racist countries. Then you have England which is a racist country with classless fans who will boo when players kneel down for BLM initiative and boo during the national anthem of their opponents. I am very happy your England lost.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:18 am E dey sweet them, they all want to play for England. Tomori, Tammy. SAKA...who next? Eze, etc...go and play for the country who prays only for the queen....rubbish

I have zero sympathy for Saka. Zero. Up Iwobi :thumb:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

green4life wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 am

I take it you haven't spent much time around Italians. They discriminate against their own from places like Naples in Southern Italy calling them North Africans. Nobody got nothing on them when it comes to racism. The English can be annoying in football, but they're way ahead when it comes to race issues. Atleast they're attempting to make it work.
One country is racist in your face. The other country plays lip service to racism. Both are racist countries. Then you have England which is a racist country with classless fans who will boo when players kneel down for BLM initiative and boo during the national anthem of their opponents. I am very happy your England lost.

KPOM :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

THE English FA had ro release a statement about fans racially abusing players on social media. It is coming home?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:46 pm
Coach wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:32 pm saka, looks so out of place in there, dude is built for a passing game ..he should have chosen Nigeria
Iwobi did. And how many semi-finals or finals?
let me bump this again for the clueless coach,,,, how are the racist supporting saka? I have zero empathy for players who abused Nigeria to play for a country that prays for only the queen and not the citizens... Tammy, Tomori, and Saka are massive losers.... let us see them win the worldcup with england next .. go and play for england , go .... in fact we should donate transport money for all of them ... worldcup is next year, lets see Tamy and Tomori :roll: When Iwobi retires we will see who gets more sauce
SuperEagles

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ANC wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:56 am coach lost the game
:D Yeah, Coach, alias Coachito, :lol: lost the Captain HarryKane game. :taunt: :D Coachito send me some Ingrish Roy of the Rovers comix where Roy dribbles like Pele in the imagination of Ingrish pipul. :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kane is a spurs player and you people thought england would win. Kane is king of losing in finals,
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Because he played for his country of birth? Are you typing this from Harare?

We should be proud of our son just as we are of Iwobi.
Comrade Machel wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:40 am

I have zero sympathy for Saka. Zero. Up Iwobi :thumb:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

green4life wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 am

Sorry but no way, no how in your face is better than lip service. Italy said they'd take the knee during this euros (ONLY if the opposition requests it....aha!). Italians are just as divided when it comes to taking the knee. England is far ahead of Italy in race relations. You cannot compare a country attempting to succeed by wedging different races together (never been done in history) with one that is loathe to the idea. BLM are a poloarizing organization. Forget about the words. An org that rails against the nuclear family, sees the flag of a country as a symbol of hate and takes a side in the Isreali/Palestinian conflict is not just a regular initiative that you'd expect everyone to go along with like the red cross. They've chosen their path and it's not neutral nor acceptable to everyone. Regardless of how you feel about them, you cannot with an educated analysis wonder why some boo. I believe even the team has said they kneel to oppose discrimination not to promote BLM the org anyway. There is a small part of BLM which reacts to only blacks killed by police officers that appeals to a lot but it's not all they're about. Personally, I feel politics should be left out of sports.
My hope for black people is we get out of this mentality of who loves us more. Here were make excuses for the more dehumanizing experience of black people in Italy vs England because of football preference. What proportion of black Italians are part of their middle class compared to black English in England? This is not even a debate, atleast for the unbiased.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS