The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:54 pm That was a terrible performance from the lads. Saka was terrible.
Saka alone ? Poor performance from coaching to ball boys sef. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I coud not believe that we persisted with high balls into the burnley box all game with our short front men vs burnley giants ? what kind of asinine thinking is that ?

The only balls on the ground gave burnley problems na wa.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Everytime we get a whiff of CL ball - Mikel manages to dampen our hopes. besides being ill, what's keeping Auba from the bench? You risk Partey but hold off Auba to suit your Napoleon Complex.
You made your point, strip dude of the armband but we need some fresh bodies - nah, Mikel the spoilt kid has to pile on - waguan!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

tolahs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:05 pm Everytime we get a whiff of CL ball - Mikel manages to dampen our hopes. besides being ill, what's keeping Auba from the bench? You risk Partey but hold off Auba to suit your Napoleon Complex.
You made your point, strip dude of the armband but we need some fresh bodies - nah, Mikel the spoilt kid has to pile on - waguan!!!
This is the guy you want in the team-

Interesting that L’Equipe confirm report from Gabonese journalist that Aubameyang & Lemina were sent home from AFCON on disciplinary (not medical) grounds after ‘breaking all internal rules’ by partying all night in a Yaounde club before Ghana match. Doesn’t sound great
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Like I have said so many times. Aubameyang, Pepe, Lacazette are all good players. The problem is Pep wanabe Arteta. He doesn't have a plan B if plan A is not working. He wants players to fit his system, doesn't adjust his system to fit the player. Even Dusan they are after will not fit Arteta system. Arsenal fans will turn on him . Arsenal fans are also mostly fickle, behave like entitled spoilt brats. 2 weeks from now they will singing the praise of Aubameyang if he scores a few goals.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:15 pm Like I have said so many times. Aubameyang, Pepe, Lacazette are all good players. The problem is Pep wanabe Arteta. He doesn't have a plan B if plan A is not working. He wants players to fit his system, doesn't adjust his system to fit the player. Even Dusan they are after will not fit Arteta system. Arsenal fans will turn on him . Arsenal fans are also mostly fickle, behave like entitled spoilt brats. 2 weeks from now they will singing the praise of Aubameyang if he scores a few goals.
Ok o so you are part of the fickle minded fans ? abi you be "unfickle minded Arsenal fan" .
Anyhow I hope we dont spend that armed robber money to buy that kid. We better buy someone cheaper because the pressure will be a Pepe replay.

Hopefully Dusan gets his Juve armed robber money and goes to Juve.

We need Midfielders a DM and CM .
We need a Right back ..

We have 3 strikers they MUST be allowed to play and earn their pay.

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I have been consistent in my views. Sack Arteta, bring in a proper manager. Do a reset. Every one that wants to play for Arsenal will be given a fair shot in pre-season. Even Guendouzi that I am not a fan of should be brought be back to the club. Will even give Aubameyang and Pepe contract extensions if they prove themself in pre-season. Systens should fit the player,

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:11 pm
tolahs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:05 pm Everytime we get a whiff of CL ball - Mikel manages to dampen our hopes. besides being ill, what's keeping Auba from the bench? You risk Partey but hold off Auba to suit your Napoleon Complex.

Interesting that L’Equipe confirm report from Gabonese journalist that Aubameyang & Lemina were sent home from AFCON on disciplinary (not medical) grounds after ‘breaking all internal rules’ by partying all night in a Yaounde club before Ghana match. Doesn’t sound great

Auba came out and said it was it was sad all these rumours and that he would not respond to the lastest one. However Gabon's official position was they had Covid, recovered and had heart lesions for which one of the clubs ( not specified ) asked for their player to be sent back ..they opted to send both back.

For some context - Lemina has not been listed since he got back to his club they played today and unlike AUBA who was listed he was not listed on Nice team sheet.

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:43 pm I have been consistent in my views. Sack Arteta, bring in a proper manager. Do a reset. Every one that wants to play for Arsenal will be given a fair shot in pre-season. Even Guendouzi that I am not a fan of him should be brought be back to the club. Will even give Aubameyang and Pepe contract extensions if they prove themself in pre-season. Systens should fit the player,
Bro Arteta will not go any where,you know it and stop wasting your time in such dream.
Top 4 today is gone unless Chelsea beat spurs and we beat likes of Spurs and manu when next we meet and stop dropping points.
Bad day at the office,Arteta will used Arsenal get a better easy job with quality players to bail him,Pep want him to be the next City boss when he leave beloved.

Any well let me concentrate on SE game to make my day better.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

O ma se o
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Arsenal has it's own Partygate on it's hands.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ojafranpa wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:11 pm

I want healthy paid players on the team - i don't trust gossip. Make it the HEADLINE & back the story. Pep benched 2 English players who went out partying for a game - are we expelling Auba with pay cos Nketiah is that dude?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nnai Azuzu... where are you?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal is no longer an attractive destination. I thought they said Dusan didn't want to move until summer that is why he is not accepting a move to Arsenal. I woke up this morning to read news about Dusan taking less money to join Juventus. I dont bleme him even I wouldn't join Arsenal and play for Arteta especially if I know I don't fit his system or his system will affect my production. Fans will then turn on me. The managger will then bench me and ruin my career. Players talk and also read social media. The guy did his research on Arsenal. He saw how the manager is handling Auba and Pepe and etc. He sees fan behavior on social media. Arsenal fans shouldn't get their hopes up. We aint going to get some one like Dusan at this time. What we should focus on is getting Kroenke to sell. Getting Arteta fired. But in the short term in terms of playing personal go and sign thje under the rader young talent that want an opportunity because it will be difficult to get established players.

Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:23 pm Arsenal is no longer an attractive destination. I thought they said Dusan didn't want to move until summer that is why he is not accepting a move to Arsenal. I woke up this morning to read news about Dusan taking less money to join Juventus. I dont bleme him even I wouldn't join Arsenal and play for Arteta especially if I know I don't fit his system or his system will affect my production. Fans will then turn on me. The managger will then bench me and ruin my career. Players talk and also read social media. The guy did his research on Arsenal. He saw how the manager is handling Auba and Pepe and etc. He sees fan behavior on social media. Arsenal fans shouldn't get their hopes up. We aint going to get some one like Dusan at this time. What we should focus on is getting Kroenke to sell. Getting Arteta fired. But in the short term in terms of playing personal go and sign thje under the rader young talent that want an opportunity because it will be difficult to get established players.
By the time he is fired, the damage that Arteta will cost this club will take decades and billions to repair.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:49 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:23 pm Arsenal is no longer an attractive destination. I thought they said Dusan didn't want to move until summer that is why he is not accepting a move to Arsenal. I woke up this morning to read news about Dusan taking less money to join Juventus. I dont bleme him even I wouldn't join Arsenal and play for Arteta especially if I know I don't fit his system or his system will affect my production. Fans will then turn on me. The managger will then bench me and ruin my career. Players talk and also read social media. The guy did his research on Arsenal. He saw how the manager is handling Auba and Pepe and etc. He sees fan behavior on social media. Arsenal fans shouldn't get their hopes up. We aint going to get some one like Dusan at this time. What we should focus on is getting Kroenke to sell. Getting Arteta fired. But in the short term in terms of playing personal go and sign thje under the rader young talent that want an opportunity because it will be difficult to get established players.
By the time he is fired, the damage that Arteta will cost this club will take decades and billions to repair.
Chief I’m not an Arteta fan by any stretch but the players who have been sidelined aside from Young Guendo, can you make an argument for them?

Ozil was bounced five years too late, or is it Papa Greek or even Auba who I’m a big fan of. Let’s face it these dudes contributed to their own demise.
Now where I take issue with the little man is the long rope he keeps giving to an absolute team parasite like Xhaka who has done more to negatively impact the team on the field than all the other players combined … Guendo will likely be on the first or second All Lique 1 team of the year by the time this season is over and can we see any coming back for Saliba with 50 million spent on overrated Ben White …

‘Teta must be a big time con man in person to earn this kinda loyalty in some quarters cuz his vision, behavior and subsequent results leave so much to be desired
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

The being said I really hope we can get Wynaldum on loan as the rumors keep saying
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

:thumbs: :thumbs: God don answer my prayers o ..I was praying that Dusan will not come to Arsenal .

We would have had another Pepe on our hands so much money for another 21 year old ..hmm the pressure to deliver immediately would have been too much.

- Arteta
-Insatiable Arsenal fans ( like me :? )
-British Press
-Bonehead teammates

Ah to play for Arsenal now in itself is war.

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Dusan and Pepe are both good players.

Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:37 pm
Chief I’m not an Arteta fan by any stretch but the players who have been sidelined aside from Young Guendo, can you make an argument for them?

Ozil was bounced five years too late, or is it Papa Greek or even Auba who I’m a big fan of. Let’s face it these dudes contributed to their own demise.
Now where I take issue with the little man is the long rope he keeps giving to an absolute team parasite like Xhaka who has done more to negatively impact the team on the field than all the other players combined … Guendo will likely be on the first or second All Lique 1 team of the year by the time this season is over and can we see any coming back for Saliba with 50 million spent on overrated Ben White …

‘Teta must be a big time con man in person to earn this kinda loyalty in some quarters cuz his vision, behavior and subsequent results leave so much to be desired
Guendouzi, Pepe, Saliba, Maitland-Niles, Auba and even Torreira. That is much talent right there!. It is not only that he couldnt get the best out them but, how he managed the situations and players has been scandalous.

Conman! That is the word that describes Arteta the best. His M.O follows the script of a conman to the letter: he manufactures a problem out of minimal friction; starts wasting time and resources trying to fix "the problem"; gullible fans give him credit for "solving the problem"; looks for the next problem; the cycle continues.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:33 am

Guendouzi, Pepe, Saliba, Maitland-Niles, Auba and even Torreira. That is much talent right there!. It is not only that he couldnt get the best out them but, how he managed the situations and players has been scandalous.

Conman! That is the word that describes Arteta the best. His M.O follows the script of a conman to the letter: he manufactures a problem out of minimal friction; starts wasting time and resources trying to fix "the problem"; gullible fans give him credit for "solving the problem"; looks for the next problem; the cycle continues.
That should tell you all you need to know Arteta. And let's think about this.
Arteta on arrival with the players he met on ground, he was able to deploy various tactics and beat teams like Man U, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. That match against Man U at the Emirates must be the highlight of his Arsenal career so far.
But since he embarked on his dismantling journey, we have been at best 3rd best whenever we played any of these teams. Suffering many ignominous defeats. If that doesn't tell you something about Arteta i doubt anything will.

I gave up on Arteta at the beginning of last season. How can you send out a player(Saliba/Mavro) on loan without giving them a chance to proof themselves at least in a competitive match.

I hope soon the owners of Arsenal will wake up to the fact that throwing money around to buy players isn't the solution. The core of the problem is Arteta. So sad that i so much believed in him.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

azuka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:55 pm

Arteta on arrival with the players he met on ground, he was able to deploy various tactics and beat teams like Man U, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. That match against Man U at the Emirates must be the highlight of his Arsenal career so far.
But since he embarked on his dismantling journey, we have been at best 3rd best whenever we played any of these teams. Suffering many ignominous defeats. If that doesn't tell you something about Arteta i doubt anything will.

I gave up on Arteta at the beginning of last season. How can you send out a player(Saliba/Mavro) on loan without giving them a chance to proof themselves at least in a competitive match.

I hope soon the owners of Arsenal will wake up to the fact that throwing money around to buy players isn't the solution. The core of the problem is Arteta. So sad that i so much believed in him.
E tu Azuka … Tell us how ya really feel about ya one time Generational Coach.
That’s a really damning indictment.
At this point I’m a little ambivalent about the gaffer.
I think he needs some wise heads to guide him.
I think he desperately wants to prove things and his ego and emotions get the best of him.
It’s not an Anti Basque thing but maybe it’s a matter of nurture cuz we are all in some ways a product of our environment… he seems to be the dude who takes things so personally and can’t let certain things go ..: and that’s not a good trait for modern management
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Maitland Niles, Pepe and even my boy Auba have themselves to blame my guy.

As for Guendo, LT and Will S, his actions are unconscionable. LT is what we could use today. A solid DM who could allow the creative freedoms to express themselves. Emery hurt himself when he over thought the LT role and tried to make him something his skill set wasn’t suited for.

These coaches who want to be so known as innovators end up screwing themselves. The hall mark of a coach is getting the best out of yer players and team .. but insecure ones always try to do overhangs … be it as a wannabe tough guy or as an innovator ..: it generally doesn’t end well.

Arteta is the same dude that wanted to extend Mustafi and David Luis … and decided to keep Chaka. Chuck money on Ben White when Saliba could have been used and the money spent on Bissouma.

And only injury and necessity led to him to play Martinelli even after call after call had been going out for the kid dating back to last season ..: no need to spend money on a striker … convert the kid and train him to lead the line and he will reliever but oh well whatever
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Sleaky72 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:33 pm
azuka wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:55 pm

E tu Azuka … Tell us how ya really feel about ya one time Generational Coach.
That’s a really damning indictment.
At this point I’m a little ambivalent about the gaffer.
I think he needs some wise heads to guide him.
I think he desperately wants to prove things and his ego and emotions get the best of him.
It’s not an Anti Basque thing but maybe it’s a matter of nurture cuz we are all in some ways a product of our environment… he seems to be the dude who takes things so personally and can’t let certain things go ..: and that’s not a good trait for modern management
I gave up on him less than a year into his reign. But then people thought it was because of his treatment of Ozil. Glad that it has now been proven not to be the case.