The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by azuka »

theYemster wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:01 pm
azuka wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:35 pm
Waffiman wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:09 pm
azuka wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:37 pm Yes i am good. We enjoy the good days and endure the bad ones. That's football.
That said, i knew Arteta was embarking on a suicidal mission when he was going into the second half of the season with 17 first team players. This much i said then.
And I have seen enough of Arteta to know he can not form the type of team Arsenal fans want. A winning team.
Bro, I have to come and acknowledge a point you made about Arteta. His management of players and resources will come to haunt him.

Yes, I hear we have a young team but for context, the average age of the 07/08 and 08/09 squads were 22.83 and 22.17 respectively, yet, they played one of the most enterprising and enjoyable football in UCL and league. The issue is not the squad, it is poor management. This is the real weakness of Arteta.

Now Saka's Agent is already putting Liverpool in our face. This is the consequence of poor management. Agents see how the Manager treats players and they want their player out.

I don't care how good a manager is, if you don’t have top quality squad depth you will not make it. We lose 2 players, the consequence, we lose 6 out of 13 games. At the heart of the losses are decisions like playing Xhaka at left back twice costing us 6 points.

At a club like Arsenal, Arteta has underachieved again, but with the squad he has in comparison to ManU, Spuds, Chelsea, etc, relatively he overachieved.

I have admit, I am coming to your line of thinking. Arteta is a good coach but I now question if he can make it as a Manager. I know he is young, he now has only one more season to get it right. My bets are not on Arteta.
My bro i totally agree with everything bar 1 you said here. One thing i do not agree with is that he has overachieved given the squad he has. I ask whose fault is it that he has the current squad which he has been unable to win squat with? WHose fault? Arteta. Or whose fault is it that he let players to leave in January without signing replacements? Arteta. So for me he has underachieved given the backing he has from management.

We did not lose the 4th place race at Spuds stadium. Neither did we lose at the Newcastle stadium. We lost it when he let players like Chambers to leave in January without bringing a replacement. Note he approached the 2nd half of the season with 17 first team players. All this boil down to one thing and one thing only.

Having never formed a squad for any team before, he's clueless on how to go about forming a winning squad. Clueless on how to marry the coaching theories he has been thought, with his own ideas and the realities of forming a team. If anyone doubts me on this cast your mind back to how Arteta's 1st 6 months in charge. We are all witnesses to that period. If anything that first 6 months tells you everything you need to know about Arteta and his current battles with the team.

That said, the issue the management needs to decide now is what to do with Arteta. For me it is as clear as 7up. Arteta should just be let go. Let him go and do his coaching internship with a mid-table team. Otherwise, Arsenal will continue on this never ending Arteta's Arsenal's rebuilding process. And you know what will happen? Along the way, some of his current players will fall foul of him and will be shipped out. At a guess one player who might likely do that is MO, our #10. Have you seen how Arteta has restricted his play tactically? Even at that he has created more chances than any other player in the EPL. So imagine if Arteta let's him loose tactically withing what formation he comes up with.
The fact that Arsenal offered him a contract extension shows that the issue goes beyond Arteta.

That said Arteta in my opinion was not qualified to coach Arsenal. He had no head coaching experience and hadn't worked long enough under Pep. Also, I don't believe Pep is as good a coach as he's being made out to be. He's never won anything as coach where he didn't wither have Messi in his squad, or the most expensive team in the competition...or both. His solution to any problem is to splash big money on a player...rather than coach up. So not sure how Arteta's tenure working under him qualified him to coach a team on a budget. His player management style is indicative of someone who feels he has unlimited funds to just easily replace a player, rather than work with them.

In the last decade I've come to lose my passion for Arsenal. I still support the club for I'm no longer as emotionally invested as I used to be. If they win, fine; if they don't, that's okay too. Life goes on. Easier on my psyche that way.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm
azuka wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:37 pm Yes i am good. We enjoy the good days and endure the bad ones. That's football.
That said, i knew Arteta was embarking on a suicidal mission when he was going into the second half of the season with 17 first team players. This much i said then.
And I have seen enough of Arteta to know he can not form the type of team Arsenal fans want. A winning team.
Bro, I have to come and acknowledge a point you made about Arteta. His management of players and resources will come to haunt him.

Yes, I hear we have a young team but for context, the average age of the 07/08 and 08/09 squads were 22.83 and 22.17 respectively, yet, they played one of the most enterprising and enjoyable football in UCL and league. The issue is not the squad, it is poor management. This is the real weakness of Arteta.

Now Saka's Agent is already putting Liverpool in our face. This is the consequence of poor management. Agents see how the Manager treats players and they want their player out.

I don't care how good a manager is, if you don’t have top quality squad depth you will not make it. We lose 2 players, the consequence, we lose 6 out of 13 games. At the heart of the losses are decisions like playing Xhaka at left back twice costing us 6 points.

At a club like Arsenal, Arteta has underachieved again, but with the squad he has in comparison to ManU, Spuds, Chelsea, etc, relatively he overachieved.

I have admit, I am coming to your line of thinking. Arteta is a good coach but I now question if he can make it as a Manager. I know he is young, he now has only one more season to get it right. My bets are not on Arteta.
My bro i totally agree with everything bar 1 you said here. One thing i do not agree with is that he has overachieved given the squad he has. I ask whose fault is it that he has the current squad which he has been unable to win squat with? WHose fault? Arteta. Or whose fault is it that he let players to leave in January without signing replacements? Arteta. So for me he has underachieved given the backing he has from management.

We did not lose the 4th place race at Spuds stadium. Neither did we lose at the Newcastle stadium. We lost it when he let players like Chambers to leave in January without bringing a replacement. Note he approached the 2nd half of the season with 17 first team players. All this boil down to one thing and one thing only.

Having never formed a squad for any team before, he's clueless on how to go about forming a winning squad. Clueless on how to marry the coaching theories he has been thought, with his own ideas and the realities of forming a team. If anyone doubts me on this cast your mind back to how Arteta's 1st 6 months in charge. We are all witnesses to that period. If anything that first 6 months tells you everything you need to know about Arteta and his current battles with the team.

That said, the issue the management needs to decide now is what to do with Arteta. For me it is as clear as 7up. Arteta should just be let go. Let him go and do his coaching internship with a mid-table team. Otherwise, Arsenal will continue on this never ending Arteta's Arsenal's rebuilding process. And you know what will happen? Along the way, some of his current players will fall foul of him and will be shipped out. At a guess one player who might likely do that is MO, our #10. Have you seen how Arteta has restricted his play tactically? Even at that he has created more chances than any other player in the EPL. So imagine if Arteta let's him loose tactically withing what formation he comes up with.
The fact that Arsenal offered him a contract extension shows that the issue goes beyond Arteta.

That said Arteta in my opinion was not qualified to coach Arsenal. He had no head coaching experience and hadn't worked long enough under Pep. Also, I don't believe Pep is as good a coach as he's being made out to be. He's never won anything as coach where he didn't wither have Messi in his squad, or the most expensive team in the competition...or both. His solution to any problem is to splash big money on a player...rather than coach up. So not sure how Arteta's tenure working under him qualified him to coach a team on a budget. His player management style is indicative of someone who feels he has unlimited funds to just easily replace a player, rather than work with them.

In the last decade I've come to lose my passion for Arsenal. I still support the club for I'm no longer as emotionally invested as I used to be. If they win, fine; if they don't, that's okay too. Life goes on. Easier on my psyche that way.
Pretty much sums up my position on Arsenal as well.

Dem like make dem continue to dey approach CL qualification like say na trophy. Ki gbasaram?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: it hurts, I know.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Bia Arsenal fans

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The goal is to win the EPL title every year. There shouldn't be any ageism. If a young player is good, he should play. But the plan shouldn't be a young core program. It should be about winning the EPL title progam. Don't care if the average age of the team is 30 or 22 as long as the team can win titles. Right now Arsenal fans are been scammed yet again with this so called young core.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -move.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nears.html

Arteta for you. Selling Gabriel to buy injury prone Umtiti? Does that make sense to you?

An ever unending rebuilding.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

azuka wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:48 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -move.html

Arteta for you. Selling Gabriel to buy injury prone Umtiti? Does that make sense to you?

If Barca want Gabriel, they can have him for 60 MP or above. It doesn't hurt to have Umtiti at low wages. He will bring veteran leadership and he is past world cup winner. The problem with him is injuries. If he can agree to like a 2 year deal at 35 K per week. It will work. Can then use the Gabriel money to buy a young defender. Sailba and White will be the starters.

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:37 pm
azuka wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:48 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -move.html

If Barca want Gabriel, they can have him for 60 MP or above. It doesn't hurt to have Umtiti at low wages. He will bring veteran leadership and he is past world cup winner. The problem with him is injuries. If he can agree to like a 2 year deal at 35 K per week. It will work. Can then use the Gabriel money to buy a young defender. Sailba and White will be the starters.
Thank God you not one of those who make decisions at Arsenal. But come to think of it those that do make these decisions think like you. :taunt: :taunt:
How old is Gabriel by the way?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

azuka wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:15 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:37 pm

Thank God you not one of those who make decisions at Arsenal. But come to think of it those that do make these decisions think like you. :taunt: :taunt:
How old is Gabriel by the way?
There are some good young quality defenders in Ligue one that Arsenal can target for like 17MP.

No the people running the club don't think like me. Because if they did Nkettiah and Lacazzete would have been sold last year. ARteta would have been fired. Even Saka would be sold if he doesn't agree to a new deal.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

You see the stats are damning. For example we share the record with Burnley for how many times we have come from behind to win. The number of goals scored etc etc.

The thing for me is the Owner, not Arteta. The Owner just gave him a contract. In effect, he is the manager next season.

Yes, I agree he needs to go work on his rookie years elsewhere but the Arsenal job. He has 1 more season to get it right.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

My passion has not gone down but I have lost faith.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:22 pm

You see the stats are damning. For example we share the record with Burnley for how many times we have come from behind to win. The number of goals scored etc etc.

The thing for me is the Owner, not Arteta. The Owner just gave him a contract. In effect, he is the manager next season.

Yes, I agree he needs to go work on his rookie years elsewhere but the Arsenal job. He has 1 more season to get it right.
Bro if you think Arteta will get it right in 1 season then you got it coming. And if he did, it will be at a cost just too high. Throwing money at the problems is won't cut because the money will not be well spent. Remember we not Man City and now Newcastle is in the mix.
Do you know how the Arabs operate? I guess you don't. Watch for competition on spending money between Man City and Newcastle.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -deal.html
Kons is another player been let go without being given a chance to prove his worth. And this is a player that is highly regarded in the German League. But then according to Arteta he's not good enough.

And the question how long should a rebuilding process last?

And Please what has the owner done? Arsenal fans have long been accusing the owner of not spending. Now's he's backing Arteta to the till, it is now a problem?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Assnal if una no make top 4, make all of una flog each other ..my goodness, you mean. To tell person say just playing only the league this season and not entering airplane to travel outside of England, enter Europe una still no fit finish top 4?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 am Assnal if una no make top 4, make all of una flog each other ..my goodness, you mean. To tell person say just playing only the league this season and not entering airplane to travel outside of England, enter Europe una still no fit finish top 4?
Una dey lucky with trigger happy sugar daddies ready to spend on provocation :tic: :ohmy: . I give una dat wan. 8-)
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

"Ara adugbo", who amongst you served food at WHL kitchen? :taunt:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:07 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 am Assnal if una no make top 4, make all of una flog each other ..my goodness, you mean. To tell person say just playing only the league this season and not entering airplane to travel outside of England, enter Europe una still no fit finish top 4?
Una dey lucky with trigger happy sugar daddies ready to spend on provocation :tic: :ohmy: . I give una dat wan. 8-)
Ah! here he is! The low down dirty coward! :rotf: :rotf: took you close to a week to recover and rear your ugly shameless head! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: that was truly a painful day for you? May this weekend be worse! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Even if they only played home games this season... the fact is, they know what to do. :D I am discussing with Kajifu later and I'll decide whether to release my grip :rotf: :rotf:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:38 pm
Ah! here he is! The low down dirty coward! :rotf: :rotf: took you close to a week to recover and rear your ugly shameless head! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: that was truly a painful day for you? May this weekend be worse! :lol: :lol:
E choke you :bump:

When I say you are a generous giver I wasn't far off. You are the gift that keeps generously supplying even when inflation dey :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I never release yet.

Na when time reach I go release stage 2 for your ras behind. :lol: :lol: Onye Ara CE :lol: :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:18 pm

When I say you are a generous giver I wasn't far off. You are the gift that keeps generously supplying even when inflation dey :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I never release yet.

Na when time reach I go release stage 2 for your ras behind. :lol: :lol: Onye Ara CE :lol: :lol:
wait? Let me get this right? You are hopeful, waiting that Arsenal will win this weekend and Tottenham lose, so you can come and gloat? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: when I said you are a coward, una think sey I dey joke. :taunt:

To be fair to you though, you are not out of your senses! Its Tottenham, only that cursed club can snatch defeat out of the womb of victory :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 pm
cchinukw wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:18 pm

I never release yet.

wait? Let me get this right? You are hopeful, waiting that Arsenal will win this weekend and Tottenham lose, so you can come and gloat? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: when I said you are a coward, una think sey I dey joke. :taunt:

To be fair to you though, you are not out of your senses! Its Tottenham, only that cursed club can snatch defeat out of the womb of victory :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
E choke.you say Europa is good enough for me? :lol: :lol:

Talking to the hand which is laughing at your lame attempts at yabbis :lol: :lol:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't think Arsenal is going to spend a lot this summer. I think the plan is to incorporate youngsters and add 3 to 5 veterans.

Moller and Balogun will be promoted to the first team to play as strikers.

The club already added Maqinhnos to replace Pepe. Hutchinson will be elevated to the first team. They will try to add Dyabsls on a free transfer

Elneny will be resigned. They may add one midfielder like Neves.

The focus will be strikers. One big signing like Jesus and an emerging talent. So about 4 or 5 more signings.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:39 pm
cchinukw wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Pretty much sums up my position on Arsenal as well.

Dem like make dem continue to dey approach CL qualification like say na trophy. Ki gbasaram?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: it hurts, I know.
Nope. It doesn't :lol:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

can assanal score 15 goals vs Everton if SPurs draws?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele starts for Everton.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!