The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Devts for 2021-22 Season

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 pm We are relegation fodder until Arteta goes. Looks like his players have lost him. Sad to see.
He lsost the player early last season. I highlighted this fact then and I was called an alarmist. He has simply been on burrowed time.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

azuka wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:04 am
Waffiman wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 pm We are relegation fodder until Arteta goes. Looks like his players have lost him. Sad to see.
He lsost the player early last season. I highlighted this fact then and I was called an alarmist. He has simply been on burrowed time.
You people are over reacting. You lost 2 matches which is not surprising. You lost to CL and EPL champion. You lost 8-2 to United before!

You lost AWAY to Brentford. That's the only 'shocking' result.

Arsenal fans need to CALM down!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:30 am
You people are over reacting. You lost 2 matches which is not surprising. You lost to CL and EPL champion. You lost 8-2 to United before!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Arsenal got lucky on Willian walking away from that retirement money.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58389561
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Emelike! Na your face be this? You change avatar make I no fit recognize you, abi? eh? "Diokpa PomPom," as you are fondly called at village meetings in Umuofia! how body? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Club just dropped more millions on another defender.
Lemme hear the blaming of the owners again.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

My brother it is not about the loss, but the manner of the loss. They are 2 different things.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:59 am Club just dropped more millions on another defender.
Lemme hear the blaming of the owners again.
and another kid, a 22 year old.

It also seems they want to play him at RB
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Willian just gave these blundering jokers @ the Emirates an early Christmas gift. And his agent made a distinction with the man and others @ the club who are content 2 sit tight and pick up a paycheck. If Willian did this solely on moral grounds in this climate then bless his heart. Really too man!
I think he is still a good player who was stuck with a poor manager and club in turmoil and disarray.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

If Arsenal were in 'Croissant flaky, Ligue 1', they would be Champions League contenders.
The hustle and bustle of the EPL is just too much for their spine.

Chai!, a whole A$$nal in relegation zone. :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Once you've lost your senior players, you are cannon fodder. Arteta is toast. He is hanging on for as long as he can.

Treating Ozil like he did, selling Emi, buying a past it Willian, retaining Xhaka have to be some of the most thick headed decisions by a rookie coach ever.

All for what? Now dem go dey laugh am.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

azuka wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:28 pm

My brother it is not about the loss, but the manner of the loss. They are 2 different things.
You people should calm down. What's the manner of the loss to United? 8-2! Who was the manager?

What was the basis of giving the job to Arteta?

Arsenal need to redefine what SUCCESS mean to the club. You are just behaving like QPR now :taunt:

You people should calm down. Arsenal will finish between 8 and 12 which I believe is FAIR based on what has happened in the past 8 to 10 years!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 am Arsenal got lucky on Willian walking away from that retirement money.

You believe that. Remember what they told you about Ozil. Here is Willian's agent.

Kia Joorabchian on talksport:

"I had a meeting with Arteta and Edu. They explained that this has not gone well. I said 'leave it with me, I will talk to Willian'."

You believe an Agent will convince his client to throwaway money. Not a chance.

Oh! He claims Arteta wanted Willian. He wanted to build a team around Willian.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

Very funny!!!!

I watched the highlight of a well coached Allegri's Juve side draw 2-2 with Udinese, throwing a 2 goal lead.

Its funny because it doesn't matter how well coached the team is, all it takes is one or two players to make silly mistakes and thats it, it goes down the drain.

See as Szczesny just make 2 silly mistakes, gifting Udinese 2 goals.

Let's see what Mr Arteta does when the full squad is back.

Last season we were one of the best teams defensively in the league, the only missing link between last season and this season is Gabriel and Luiz. But i think Gabriel is the one that secures our defence more than any other defender. Lets see what happens when he is back hopefully in the next game.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm . This is not about right or wrong , so the smart alecs should not come and curse me out o.
I am just making an observation :).

Window has closed and in summary :
We made 6 signings
All for relatively low wages.
Average age of 23.

We loaned out 4 potential first team players
We re-signed 2 old players that we the fans thought they had gotten off.

Looks to me that the management ( and owners ) from above have a strategy of some sort in terms of wages and team composition and whether that will translate to getting positive results on the field is a waiting game.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:26 am
Cito wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 am Arsenal got lucky on Willian walking away from that retirement money.

You believe that. Remember what they told you about Ozil. Here is Willian's agent.

Kia Joorabchian on talksport:

"I had a meeting with Arteta and Edu. They explained that this has not gone well. I said 'leave it with me, I will talk to Willian'."

You believe an Agent will convince his client to throwaway money. Not a chance.

Oh! He claims Arteta wanted Willian. He wanted to build a team around Willian.
No one is saying WIllian threw away money. Many players had their contracts mutually terminated this year because of the covid-induced financial difficulties cubs are presently going through.

What is being said is that he saved Arsenal the last 20m of his contract, which Arsenal would have been required to pay. Like every player that got terminated, Willian will will get a sign on bonus and salary at his new club (Corinthians), which, in aggregate, will equal or better the 20m in 3 years, he would have gotten at Arsenal.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 pmLike every player that got terminated, Willian will will get a sign on bonus and salary at his new club (Corinthians), which, in aggregate, will equal or better the 20m in 3 years, he would have gotten at Arsenal.
I doubt that.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Still can't believe Arteta still has a job. Owners with ambitin would have sacked him. Wouldn't have hired him in the first place.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:17 pm Still can't believe Arteta still has a job. Owners with ambitin would have sacked him. Wouldn't have hired him in the first place.
Are you saying this because you truly believe the owners know how to run a soccer team and just made a mistake on Arteta OR

They know exactly what they are doing and hiring him suits their purpose and long term plans ?

Owners that have spent the money they have spent, fired those they fired and hired Arteta and Edu . may have a plan and it may not be one we the fans like or understand.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Been in last plaee in the league is not good for business. I don't know what plans the Kroenke have. Even their thrify selfs won't accept the current state of affairs. One year speding will not make fans forgive them for costing Arsenal two EPL titles after failing to buy reinforcements in Janauary.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:12 am Been in last plaee in the league is not good for business. I don't know what plans the Kroenke have. Even their thrify selfs won't accept the current state of affairs. One year speding will not make fans forgive them for costing Arsenal two EPL titles after failing to buy reinforcements in Janauary.
The league just started. Only 3 games played out of 38! Still a long way to go. You lost two matches that every reasonable fan will expect you to lose.

EPL titles? In your dreams. Once Chelsea and City came on the scene, Arsenal had ZERO chance of winning the EPL. Yes you do have a miracle like Leicester City but even then......................... When last did Arsenal finish above Leicester City.

If you like sign Pepe as coach, Arsenal will still be around the 8th to 12th position in the league.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

I hear that Puppeta is looking to sign a Spudite reject WTF :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke