Four arrested over online racist abuse of England footballers

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Four arrested over online racist abuse of England footballers

Post by Scipio Africanus »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ootballers

Police warn other alleged offenders will be tracked down for targeting black players after Euro 2020 final

Police have arrested four people over alleged racist abuse directed at England football players online, while warning other perpetrators that they will be tracked down.

After England’s Euro 2020 final defeat to Italy on Sunday, three black players – Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka – were targeted with racist abuse after missing penalties during the match.

Those detained included a 42-year-old man arrested on Wednesday by Cheshire constabulary on suspicion of displaying threatening, abusive or insulting written material that is likely to stir up racial hatred.

Greater Manchester police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of an offence under the Malicious Communications Act, and West Mercia police detained a 50-year-old man on suspicion of inciting racial hatred.

The UK Football Policing Unit, which works with the Home Office and the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC), said it was running a hate crime investigation and had submitted dozens of data applications to social media companies.

Mark Roberts, the chief constable of Cheshire constabulary and the NPCC lead for football policing, said: “I’m disgusted that there are a number of individuals out there who think it’s acceptable to direct such abuse at them, or at anybody else, and we are working very closely with social media platforms to trace those responsible for these utterly vile messages.

“I want to make it clear to anyone thinking of doing anything similar that you cannot simply hide behind a computer screen, using pseudo names to conceal your identity – rest assured that we will track you down and you will face the consequences of your reprehensible actions.”

Social media companies were “working very closely” with the football policing unit to identify those responsible, Roberts said.

“The … investigation is well under way and work continues to identify those responsible. We are working very closely with social media platforms, who are providing data we need to progress inquiries.”

Wha choo looking at?!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Four arrested over online racist abuse of England footballers

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:24 pm https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ootballers

Police warn other alleged offenders will be tracked down for targeting black players after Euro 2020 final

Police have arrested four people over alleged racist abuse directed at England football players online, while warning other perpetrators that they will be tracked down.

After England’s Euro 2020 final defeat to Italy on Sunday, three black players – Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka – were targeted with racist abuse after missing penalties during the match.

Those detained included a 42-year-old man arrested on Wednesday by Cheshire constabulary on suspicion of displaying threatening, abusive or insulting written material that is likely to stir up racial hatred.

Greater Manchester police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of an offence under the Malicious Communications Act, and West Mercia police detained a 50-year-old man on suspicion of inciting racial hatred.

The UK Football Policing Unit, which works with the Home Office and the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC), said it was running a hate crime investigation and had submitted dozens of data applications to social media companies.

Mark Roberts, the chief constable of Cheshire constabulary and the NPCC lead for football policing, said: “I’m disgusted that there are a number of individuals out there who think it’s acceptable to direct such abuse at them, or at anybody else, and we are working very closely with social media platforms to trace those responsible for these utterly vile messages.

“I want to make it clear to anyone thinking of doing anything similar that you cannot simply hide behind a computer screen, using pseudo names to conceal your identity – rest assured that we will track you down and you will face the consequences of your reprehensible actions.”

Social media companies were “working very closely” with the football policing unit to identify those responsible, Roberts said.

“The … investigation is well under way and work continues to identify those responsible. We are working very closely with social media platforms, who are providing data we need to progress inquiries.”
Good. E clear dem. Now they know this sort of thing won't be tolerated.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:24 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:24 pm https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ootballers

I think the UK is one of the few western democracies that arrests people for online racism. It certainly doesn't happen in the US. Freedom of speech, they call it.

Wha choo looking at?!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:15 pm

I think the UK is one of the few western democracies that arrests people for online racism. It certainly doesn't happen in the US. Freedom of speech, they call it.
Even when it is caught on camera and very obvious, nothing gets done for the most part
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This was always gonna happen.
Kudos. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

thanks to the Nigerians in the US, who are tracking these losers. some of u may be posting here, but we are working in the background, while UK CEs are busy disrespecting some of us. It all good. monkey dey work baboon dey chop
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:36 pm thanks to the Nigerians in the US, who are tracking these losers. some of u may be posting here, but we are working in the background, while UK CEs are busy disrespecting some of us. It all good. monkey dey work baboon dey chop
yes we need to start arresting blacks too who do everything but use monkey emojis put them in the same cell as these clowns and they can all disrespect black folks together.

some of the things i've read on this site the past few days, shocking.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:45 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:36 pm thanks to the Nigerians in the US, who are tracking these losers. some of u may be posting here, but we are working in the background, while UK CEs are busy disrespecting some of us. It all good. monkey dey work baboon dey chop
yes we need to start arresting blacks too who do everything but use monkey emojis put them in the same cell as these clowns and they can all disrespect black folks together.

Don't mind them
SuperEagles

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:53 pm

Don't mind them

We are as racist as F...against ourselves and others.
Then we would say we cant be racist. Sure!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ANC wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:40 am

Don't mind them

dude how can you jump to such conclusion, also how the heck can a black man be classified as racist towards a black man of similar race? Please explain
SuperEagles

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:00 am

Don't mind them

dude how can you jump to such conclusion, also how the heck can a black man be classified as racist towards a black man of similar race? Please explain
You must have a definition of racism that assumes the race of the perpetrators is different from the victims.

To me, the tribal rifts in Nigeria has the same roots as racism, the only difference is that the so called "others" are less easy to visually identify. Imagine if Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, etc. could be easily distinguished by differences in skin colour, what would be the state of Nigeria?
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Molue Conductor wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Don't mind them

You must have a definition of racism that assumes the race of the perpetrators is different from the victims.

To me, the tribal rifts in Nigeria has the same roots as racism, the only difference is that the so called "others" are less easy to visually identify. Imagine if Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, etc. could be easily distinguished by differences in skin colour, what would be the state of Nigeria?
are igbos , yourubas, and Hausas all classified as blacks via skin color?
SuperEagles

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Like I said, it is just that your definition has assumptions that not everyone subscribers to. How would you describe the relationship between the Bantu and the Pygmy populations in central Africa? Is it not racism because both populations are "black"?

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying some people have a broader definition of racism than you do. Racism is a label for a type of discrimination based on race. The definition of the boundaries of race is not that straightforward.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Molue Conductor wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:36 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Like I said, it is just that your definition has assumptions that not everyone subscribers to. How would you describe the relationship between the Bantu and the Pygmy populations in central Africa? Is it not racism because both populations are "black"?

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying some people have a broader definition of racism than you do. Racism is a label for a type of discrimination based on race. The definition of the boundaries of race is not that straightforward.
Tribalism and racism all come from the same place, deep rooted insecurity and hatred for those who are not like 'you'. All must be eradicated and those partaking in them made into pariahs and severely punished. Just don't give them the oxygen they need to propagate their issues.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Molue, Racism is different from ethnic conflicts etc. You cannot state blacks are racists towards other blacks. would you label geocide as racial? Referring to Rwanda, Bosnia etc
SuperEagles

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:40 pm Molue, Racism is different from ethnic conflicts etc. You cannot state blacks are racists towards other blacks. would you label geocide as racial? Referring to Rwanda, Bosnia etc
In my eyes they are the same, as in "x,y,z are different form us so we don't like them". To me what race, religion, tribe of x,y,z is does not make one offense worse than the other so I don't care to distinguish.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

juventuss wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Even when it is caught on camera and very obvious, nothing gets done for the most part
Nevermind, it's coming and coming alright! The regime of Joe Xi Den just said today they are working with big tech on censorship. Gist is if you're banned on one social media, you should be banned on all of them. Very soon bans on CE will be enforced with the awesome power of the US govt. Joe Xi Ping is CRACKING DOWN now and no one will be safe. :lol: Eh..they are coming for your text messages too! Someone put a red berret on Joe already.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

felarey wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:34 am
juventuss wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Nevermind, it's coming and coming alright! The regime of Joe Xi Den just said today they are working with big tech on censorship. Gist is if you're banned on one social media, you should be banned on all of them. Very soon bans on CE will be enforced with the awesome power of the US govt. Joe Xi Ping is CRACKING DOWN now and no one will be safe. :lol: Eh..they are coming for your text messages too! Someone put a red berret on Joe already.
SuperEagles

aladebinary
Egg
Egg

Post by aladebinary »

I dont know why these players dnt want to represent their home countries where they love them, but they prefer else where.. nawaoo I pity those football players sha :oops:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

aladebinary wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:16 am I dont know why these players dnt want to represent their home countries where they love them, but they prefer else where.. nawaoo I pity those football players sha :oops:
What do you mean by Home country? Besides your url doesn't work.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

cchinukw wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:25 pm
aladebinary wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:16 am I dont know why these players dnt want to represent their home countries where they love them, but they prefer else where.. nawaoo I pity those football players sha :oops:
What do you mean by Home country? Besides your url doesn't work.
I think you just replied to a Bot. :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!