2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [FAC] TOT v MOR [RD 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura dispose the ball in midfield and goes all the way to tap the ball in.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Goal for Kane off the hustle of Royal.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why did it take the big guns to come in and rescue the team?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura tries again from outside the 18. Spurs not relenting.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Into the 4th round hat we go.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tottenham play Brighton & Hove Albion

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Conte has now started learning what Jose and Nuno discovered and pointed out. Certain players cannot be relied on. I acknowledged the lack of a focal point (which was a sore point for Nuno and Jose) but damn I can no longer defend Ndombele. He and Dele need to move on. They can have Rodon for free when going. People lambast Sanchez - that Rodon guy is crap!

Spurs needs to bring in a striker and a playmaker winger (in the mould of Bernado Silva, Riyad Mahrez, Lucas Moura) ..
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [CC] TOT v CHE [SM 2L]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Even though this is a strong lineup you can see Conte is not really bothered about this match. He has Gollini manning the post instead of his #1 keeper; has Doherty playing left wing back when a more natural player in Sessegnon is available; playing Tanganga on the right side of the CD instead of returning Sanchez there and start Rodon in the middle. It is going to be a long day but all the same I’m sure the lads will give it a good go. The formation will be 3-5-2:

Kane * Moura
Doherty * Winks * LoCelso * Hojbjerg * Royal
Davies * Sanchez * Tanganga
Gollini

Wishing the lads all the best. COYS!!!

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Una need four goals to move on to the next level. Even with Kepa as keeper, that na huge task.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FOOKING LOSERS! :lol: :lol:

Had your chance to win the cup last year and your father, Levy, decided to destroy your club's only chance to ever win a cup. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:05 pm FOOKING LOSERS! :lol: :lol:

Had your chance to win the cup last year and your father, Levy, decided to destroy your club's only chance to ever win a cup. :lol:
But Oga Danfo no be you curse them to sacked Jose just few days to them winning their first trophy in almost 20 years?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Onto the North London derby - that is where we will have expectations.

On the Chelsea match, I expected more of a fight but it is clear that Son, Romero / Dier and Reggie are missed. Kane is a shadow of who he used to be. Hopefully Conte is supported in the market but surely not by procuring Traore.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] LEI v TOT [WK 19]

Post by Its a Goal »

Finally Spurs are back in action again, unless makes another request to postpone the tie.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:50 pm
Is Conte about to retire Lloris?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Glory Glory Hallelujah
Glory Glory Hallelujah
Glory Glory Hallelujah
And the Spurs go marching on

Glory be to God.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Conte forced someone to retract their poop that was half way out 😆

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Lloris signs 2 year contract. We have him till 2024. What a Captain!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:07 pm Glory Glory Hallelujah
Glory Glory Hallelujah
Glory Glory Hallelujah
And the Spurs go marching on

Glory be to God.

That was as big a win as you will get psychologically.

Let's hope that can be that turning point that Spurs players need in their mindset, that nudge they need to win big games and trophies.

On the other hand i don't think Rodgers will ever shake off that reputation of his teams being bottlers, it would take him winning a Champions League with Leicester or something like that
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Best signing of this transfer window

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] CHE v TOT [WK 20]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] CHE v TOT [WK 20]

Post by Its a Goal »

I must say this team setup is quite confusing for me. 3 wingbacks on at the same time in form of Tanganga, Sessegnon, and Doherty. Dropped to the bench are Royal, Moura, Skipp and Reguilon, while the missing players are LoCelso, Dele, and Ndombele. It is a going to be a totally new formation and I hope it won't confuse those playing as much as the opposition it is going to be used against. I believe it will be 3-5-2 formation to just try and wrestle the midfield away from Chelsea:

Bergwijn * Kane
Sessesgnon * Doherty * Winks * Hojbjerg * Tanganga
Davies * Dier * Ssanchez
Lloris

I hope the fight from the last match will still be inside of them and they will give Chelsea a run for their money. COYS!!!