2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] WAT v TOT [WK 18]

Post by Its a Goal »

Sancheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son won a freekick on the left and his well taken freekick finds the head of Sanchez to nod it in.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [CC] CHE v TOT [SM-1L]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is going to be a long day at the bridge with the reshuffle at the back. Out of the team goes Dier which means Conte has been forced to make adjustments. Sanchez goes to the middle of the 3 CBs and on the right will be Tanganga. What I don’t get is why Rodon is not in the middle so that Sanchez can keep his position on the right. More worrying is having Matt on the left wingback. It should be a tough game and coming out with a result will be the best we can hope for. Formation should be the same as previous occasions:

Kane
Son * Moura
Matt * Skipp * Hojbjerg * Royal
Davies * Sanchez * Tanganga
Lloris

Wishing the lads all the best today. COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tanganga having Mere

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Its a Goal wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:53 pm Sancheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Yes. He scored.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This semi final who win the first leg?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [FAC] TOT v MOR [RD 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

With no natural goal scorer on the pitch to start Conte has gone for a slightly different formation of 3-4-3. He is giving all the fringe players a chance to prove themselves today as he is resting virtually all the first players. Out of the freezer comes Rodon to take his place at the heart of the defense to be partnered by Tanganga on the right, his natural position, and Davies on the left, who captains the team. On the wings will be the return of Sessegnon and Doherty, while midfield will have both Lo Celso and Winks commanding it. Upfront will be the trio of Dele, Ndombele and Bryan Gil.

If the likes of Dele, Ndombele and LoCelso cannot get the job done then their future at Spurs will increasingly come under further scrutiny. The wingers have to show Conte that they know how to make effective crosses while the midfielders have to command and control the match. I hope these lads will show up and get the job done. The lineup should be:

Dele * Ndombele * Gil
Sessgnon * WInks * LoCelso * Doherty
Davies * Rodon * Tanganga
Gollini

Wishing the lads all the best. COYS!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How can Spurs be behind? Simple, the players on display are just so poor. Not that they are not trying but they are just not good enough. Tanganga for starters is not offering of value in the defense. Ndombele pounce around with no end product, while Dele is just Dele, nothing of note comes from him.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Far be it me to question Antonio Conte's tactics but why is Ryan on the right and Doherty on the left?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As hopeless as one can be.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura about to come on.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura, Skipp and Kane come on for Ndombele, Dele and Gil.

Ndombele, instead of running off the pitch to save time, just decides to trudge off. The fans booed him off.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura with a chance that went just wide.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks score from a freekick directly from the corner side.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Enough time to win in regular time.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane with an easy header goes wide. How did he miss that?

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I don’t wanna ask so I don’t jinx this ‘victory’ for Spurs. But, who are you playing and what’s the score line?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Winks with another shot outside 18 goes agonizingly over the bar.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lo Celso's shot saved. Close.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tanganga should be sent away on loan. He is just not good enough for this level.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooal

Moura wins it for Spurs.