2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] NEW v TOT [WK 8]

Post by Its a Goal »

Ndombele with a power shot that would have been nice to see rest in the top corner of the post.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Royal picks a yellow for unsuccessfully trying to bring Maximan down.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As the game is too easy the lads are making a number of unforced errors

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Something I Like about Kane is that he has deceptive way of dribbling past opponents. It doesn't appear as if he can do anything but he finds a way to get past you.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It would be nice of Nuno to make some changes as well to freshen up things.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Twinkle toe Ndombele gets Shelvey booked.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That should have been a penalty for Spurs.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Handball not given.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If it were Spurs now it would have.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Shelvey gets a second yellow for tripping up Reggie as he was barreling down on goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane outside the 18 for a freekick. Hits the ball.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Another Dier own goal.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Fvcking Eric Dier. WTF!! No pressure on him and he scores an own goal. WTF!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Nuno needs to make subs. Son is tired as is Ndombele. Lo Celso on would control this game.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I said it, complacency will be this team's undoing.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:41 pm I said it, complacency will be this team's undoing.
The manager should also make changes for fresh legs. I know Vitesse is on Thursday but we needed fresh legs
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Second win on the troth. Not bad after a disastrous 3 game losing streak. 15 points to go joint 4th on points.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Some good things seen but some improvements needed.

First 5 minutes was bad
Second half - Spurs in control and didn't take chances to finish off the game. We should have scored more to help our goal difference.

That said, it was a good result. Nuno still building his team but needs to work on subs and game management. Next match is Thursday. COYS!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:43 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:41 pm I said it, complacency will be this team's undoing.
The manager should also make changes for fresh legs. I know Vitesse is on Thursday but we needed fresh legs
All the lads played 90 minutes. Does that mean a new team will play on Thursday?

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:46 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:43 pm
All the lads played 90 minutes. Does that mean a new team will play on Thursday?
I hope so. I expect to see Gollini, Tanganga, Sanchez, Rodon, Davies, Winks, Lo Celso. Perhaps Bergwijn who is back in training. Hopefully Gil as well. It may be a difficult Thursday.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [ECL] VIT v TOT [GP-G GM-3]

Post by Its a Goal »

Nuno affirmed that Bergwijn will start.

Alastair Gold asked an interesting question, which will you prefer:
A) win the ECL and finish top 6
B) finish top 4

What is your preference? Mine is to get some sort of silverware

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Solid lineup extremely weak bench. If the team is struggling in this match, as I expect it will, there is no bailout on the bench. The bench consists of academy players, most of whom I’ve never even heard of. It is going to be an extremely long afternoon. The look of it, it will be 4-2-3-1 formation:

Scarlett
Gil * Dele * Bergwijn
Winks * LoCelso
Davies * Rodon * Sanchez * Tanganga
Gollini

Good luck guys