2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v BUR [WK 37]

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs sitting back and absorbing the pressure.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What frustrates me about Ryan is that he is unwilling to run deep with the ball. He has to trust himself to make an impact when he gets into the 18.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Royal appears to have played himself to the ground.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aaron Lennon comes on for Burnley to round of applause.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura off for Kulusevski.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nick Pope denies Son again.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hojbjerg down holding his crotch.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hugo gets a yellow card for taking his time to get the game going.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Joe Rodon about to make his second league appearance. Bentacur is hobbling off.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Royal comes off for Rodon.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

4 extra minutes.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sessegnon goes to the RWB.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kulu gets a yellow for rash challenge.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Yes. Hard fought 3 points.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

If only Spurs offence could be as consistent as the defence. Glory to God for the 3 points. Over to you Arsenal.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

LeVoyer didn't bother to jump over the fence to pollute these pages :taunt:.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Its a Goal wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:57 pm Phew. Thank you Sanchez for booting the ball into Barnes' hand to get the pen.
The amount of help the refs seem to give you Totts this season is unprecedented.., even Sir Alex didn’t get this type of favoritism
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:02 pm If only Spurs offence could be as consistent as the defence. Glory to God for the 3 points. Over to you Arsenal.
Remember when defense was the achilles heel of the team? Now they have gone 4 cleansheets in 9 games, only conceding 5 in that period. That defensive unit has become a big wall that can be depended upon to the job. Even more remarkable is that Sanchez has played the last 2 games and looks right in place with the team not conceding.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

It is back in Tottenham's hands. We have been here before. That Leicester season. I ain't jumping for joy until the final whistle of that Norwich game.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 pm It is back in Tottenham's hands. We have been here before. That Leicester season. I ain't jumping for joy until the final whistle of that Norwich game.
Totally different scenario. At the penultimate game of the 2015/16 season we had already lost the battle to win the title so the lads lost focus and motivation. Finishing second was just not something they were particularly bothered about. ARSEnal, like Jason Cundy stated, are like that guy who comes to a party and waits till the end to look for anything decent left behind that had not been taken. They didn't deserve it but fair play to them they took full advantage of the opportunity. What happened the next season? Spurs finished second and ARSEnal has never tasted CL football since. In fact it was the last time they finished above Spurs.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:57 am
Cristao II wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:07 pm It is back in Tottenham's hands. We have been here before. That Leicester season. I ain't jumping for joy until the final whistle of that Norwich game.
Totally different scenario. At the penultimate game of the 2015/16 season we had already lost the battle to win the title so the lads lost focus and motivation. Finishing second was just not something they were particularly bothered about. ARSEnal, like Jason Cundy stated, are like that guy who comes to a party and waits till the end to look for anything decent left behind that had not been taken. They didn't deserve it but fair play to them they took full advantage of the opportunity. What happened the next season? Spurs finished second and ARSEnal has never tasted CL football since. In fact it was the last time they finished above Spurs.
It is not just that time. That was one occasion.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] NOR v TOT [WK 38]

Post by balo »

3rd is yours if you can beat Norwich by 18 goals on Sunday.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] NOR v TOT [WK 38]

Post by Its a Goal »

There's report of food poisoning in the camp with Harry Kane reported to the one most affected. Oh geez, can we get a break?