2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:23 pm Ermm Pep, your result today means Kane is now 170m. You hear me? 170m!
Even at 200m, you are still going to finish the season trophyless and i 8th position. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:24 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:23 pm Ermm Pep, your result today means Kane is now 170m. You hear me? 170m!
The fact that Levy is doing something so unusual means Kane is already a goner.
Levy is invezting in the squad before he sells Kane.
It will be very difficult to buy players at reasonable price if you sell Kane first with clubs knowing you have just made some silly money.
Levy rarely buy 3 or 4 players without expecting a windfall.
levy this, levy that///my goodness , what next you will start serving him coffee?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good game today - I was happy with the grads - Tanganga, Skipp, Winks, Scarlett
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Y'all can't get Lautaro because Lukaku left for Chelsea?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Good class shown by fans today to applaud Saka. Well done.

It shows that there is more to life than football.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:27 pm Good class shown by fans today to applaud Saka. Well done.

It shows that there is more to life than football.
You to see that you noted it.

Despite all the tribulations that the club has endured since the sacking of Jose, the club quietly has been going about its business.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: Preseason Preparations

Post by Its a Goal »

Midget, you wan make I woose you?
Oga Viking, I sorry, I go show respect next time

:mrgreen:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[media][/media

Dele back to his old cheeky self.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I think this time Spurs has the right fit and match with Nuno Espirito.

And I'm not judging that on these pre season games.

Sometimes with these things all it needs is just that one click that can trigger many things.

I look forward to watching Spurs games in addition to Man U games. I just want to see something
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

COme to think about it, where is Tanguy Ndombele? and why are spurs fans not irate this year that he isnt being picked? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:41 pm COme to think about it, where is Tanguy Ndombele? and why are spurs fans not irate this year that he isnt being picked? :D

Because the media has not told them to be angry this time
Or probably they realise Jose Mourinho was correct :laugh:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:47 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:41 pm COme to think about it, where is Tanguy Ndombele? and why are spurs fans not irate this year that he isnt being picked? :D

Because the media has not told them to be angry this time
Or probably they realise Jose Mourinho was correct :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ndombele is fine. He is a new father and he is also getting pissed because we want to sell Sissoko and Aurier.

On his not getting picked - let's see how it goes.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:00 am
Ndombele is fine. He is a new father and he is also getting pissed because we want to sell Sissoko and Aurier.

Aww, you seem so calm and analytical this year. Guess benteke was right! The press have not asked you to be angry. :taunt:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:41 pm
Cristao II wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:00 am

Aww, you seem so calm and analytical this year. Guess benteke was right! The press have not asked you to be angry. :taunt:
:rotf: This guy! Trust you are good at your end. Perhaps it is as Jose says 'There is no pressure in football'.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why will anyone be bother with a lazy player like Ndombele? He has had a chance to prove himself but he just wants to be trickster on the field instead of applying himself. Dele is a good example of such player who found himself down the pecking order and instantly worked hard at getting himself fit to force his way into the starting lineup again. Ndombele wants to rely on skill alone and it can't work in the EPL. He is best served returning to the French league.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:12 am Why will anyone be bother with a lazy player like Ndombele? He has had a chance to prove himself but he just wants to be trickster on the field instead of applying himself. Dele is a good example of such player who found himself down the pecking order and instantly worked hard at getting himself fit to force his way into the starting lineup again. Ndombele wants to rely on skill alone and it can't work in the EPL. He is best served returning to the French league.

You are telling yourself tales :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Time will show you the truth. Mark my words!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:12 am Why will anyone be bother with a lazy player like Ndombele? He has had a chance to prove himself but he just wants to be trickster on the field instead of applying himself. Dele is a good example of such player who found himself down the pecking order and instantly worked hard at getting himself fit to force his way into the starting lineup again. Ndombele wants to rely on skill alone and it can't work in the EPL. He is best served returning to the French league.
Dele doesn't fit Nuno's tactic. Watching the friendlies I saw no improvement in Dele. I wouldn't be surprised if he is benched after 2 to 3 matches in the league.

We should have sold him for 120m when we had the chance. Who would pay 30m for him now? This is one reason I shake my head when I see the praise for Foden, Maddison, Grealish. None of their numbers or stats were as good as premium Alli. The one who comes close is Foden.

Ndombele - let's watch and see. He hasn't adapted to England yet. That is the insight I am getting. Fans should support him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guess the media hasnt asked them to be baffled :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAC [WK 1]

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane not spotted on the bus so very likely won't be involved in the match today.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAC [WK 1]

Post by Its a Goal »

No Kane.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAC [WK 1]

Post by Its a Goal »

So it looks a familiar formation of 4-2-1-2-1 with Son playing as the false 9 while Dele occupies the 10. It is good to see all the work that Skipp did for Norwich has paid off as he is now partnering Hojbjerg in the midfield. The bench for a change looks more than decent although I question the inclusion of Sissoko ahead of Ndombele. The lineup will be:

Son
Bergwijn * Lucas
Dele
Hojbjerg * Skipp
Reguilon * Dier * Sanchez * Tanganga
Lloris

Tough test to start the season but the lads should be more than capable of handling it.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAC [WK 1]

Post by balo »

Things must be so bad!!

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg