2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [CC] BUR v TOT [RD 4]

Post by Cristao II »

Frustrating game for the manager. We are through to the next round. However the forwards need to man up and step up. They are the ones letting this side down.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAU [WK 10]

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nuno has started with overthinking this match and tinkering tooo much with the lineup. Davies ahead of Reggie? Lo Celso ahead of Ndombele? Dier instead of Sanchez? I am just not confident that this team will be able to dictate this match as they need to in order to get a result. Brian Gil is not in the match as he picked up a knock midweek. Seems Scarlett has been returned to the under 17s to continue his development as this level is too much for him. Those 2 misfortune has given Matt and Dele a lease of life as they are both on the bench. The formation will be the usual 4-2-3-1:

Kane
Son * LoCelso * Lucas
Skipp * Hojbjerg
Davies * Dier * Romero * Royal
Lloris

Wishing the lads all the best and look forward to a happy weekend.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Interesting squad lineup. I wish the team the best. Someone in my family scheduled prayer meeting for this time. Priority is always God's work.

PS Scarlett played with the U23 as they beat Man Utd earlier
Last edited by Cristao II on Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:01 pm Interesting squad lineup. I wish the team the best. Someone in my family scheduled prayer meeting for this time. Priority is always God's work.

Arsenal is above you on the table.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ManU to bounce back and force a draw in this game!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We will be facing 2 elders in football attacking the back in form of Ronaldo and Calvani. Ole seems to be feeling the heat with this desperation formation playing 3 at the back. If it backfires there is no going back. His saving grace is that every time he is on the edge of getting sacked he finds a way to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Further, Spurs like to play the supportive partner to others so that they don't get sacked.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs dominating opening proceedings without threatening.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That should have been a yellow for Shaw.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nuno's style is to work the ball from the midfield to score rather than use the pace of wingers to easily get behind the defenders.

Shaw finally sees a yellow.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Claim of handball against Bassaka but it is ball to the back of the hand.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

MaGuire gets a yellow for upending LoCelso.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son with a lovely chance but puts it over the bar,

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Romeroooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But its offside as I suspected.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Fred from distance but Lloris was alert to the danger.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Well weighted pass from Kane to find Son but couldn't beat Basaka.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

c-u-r-s-e-d :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Davies sleeping on duty.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:11 pm Davies sleeping on duty.
L-O-S-E-R :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:13 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:11 pm Davies sleeping on duty.
L-O-S-E-R :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Too early for that.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

All I see is foreplay.. No penetration. I just don't have any confidence of a turnaround in this match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

No sustained attack just massaging of the ball in the areas where it is no danger to the opposition.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

A sure bound Romero header for the equalizer was taken away by Davies.