2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v MAU [WK 10]

Post by Sleaky72 »

What a strike by Ronny.
Simply world class
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:10 pm c-u-r-s-e-d :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Oga Danfo i thought you promise to make the game end in a draw?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kako wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:15 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:13 pm
Its a Goal wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:11 pm Davies sleeping on duty.
L-O-S-E-R :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Too early for that.
I could have typed that 2 years ago! Thats how confident I am of the curse on this cursed club. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son is misfiring all match.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ronaldo second is offside.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

These boys are still sleeping. They are not playing like they believe they can win this match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs is going to be comprehensively beaten today.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The problem I see is that everyone is not clicking as a unit. When some start playing well the others switch off and destroy all the good work.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Fans booing the sub of Lucas for Bergwijn.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Wow Tottenham fans chanting “you don’t know what you’re doing” @ Nuno for his substitution
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It won't be long for the fans... they already are chanting: You don't know what you're doing.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If a sub had to be made it should have Ndombele for either Skipp or LoCelso.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:42 pm Wow Tottenham fans chanting “you don’t know what you’re doing” @ Nuno for his substitution
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thought he was their Messiah, after they won their first 3 games by 1 goal each? They twerked and celebrated with their cockrel yanshes! :rotf:

Smelling cursed fanbase :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Well, thank goodness the bad experience with Nuno has ended. Conte about to be unveiled.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its a Goal wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:47 pm Well, thank goodness the bad experience with Nuno has ended. Conte about to be unveiled.

SMH
You'll never learn :blushing: :blushing:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:47 pm Well, thank goodness the bad experience with Nuno has ended. Conte about to be unveiled.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Look at this lying loser! You that was twerking for Nuno? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like al that came before him, the next manager will FAIL spectacularly! Mark my words! You guys think this issue is about this coach and that coach? This is about your club! The club is cursed! The pain for una is just beginning. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And I know what you did last saturday. Because your club was being humiliated, you pulled the plug and crashed this site so that I cant enjoy your humiliation! No problem!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Also interesting to see that Nuno got fired after he dropped the Chairman's adopted bast4rd son, Dele! Guess the next manager better toe the line on this. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The Telegraph
Distant, divisive and drab - how Nuno Espirito Santo lost the Tottenham dressing room
Sam Dean 4 hrs ago
Comments
|

Distant, divisive and drab - how Nuno Espirito Santo lost the Tottenham dressing room
© Provided by The Telegraph
It was the night that the air of disquiet within Tottenham's divided squad could no longer be contained.

The date was Oct 22, and Tottenham were playing Vitesse Arnhem in the much-maligned Europa Conference League. Nuno Espirito Santo opted to leave behind his starting line-up from the previous Premier League match, a 3-2 win at Newcastle, and in doing so effectively created a two-tier system within his squad - an A team and a B team.

Suddenly, the sense of unease at Nuno's methods among the players, which had been fomenting for weeks, erupted to the surface through the unlikely figure of Harry Winks, one of the least disruptive members of the playing staff.

“We are meant to be a team,” said Winks after Spurs' reserves had been beaten 1-0 in Holland. “It’s meant to be competition. It is meant to be competitive. Everybody should be fighting for weekend games and it is difficult.”

Winks was far from alone in his thoughts, but, in choosing to go public, he has paid a price and has not featured in a matchday squad since.

Many of Winks' team-mates will have privately echoed those comments, however, and in many ways the biggest surprise was that they took so long to be aired.

Nuno utterly failed to build meaningful connections with his players or the fans, his approach prompting grumbles within the senior squad from almost the very start of his reign.

At the training ground his moods could be sour and unpredictable, leading to some staff feeling on edge and struggling to foster a relationship with the 47 year-old.

Nuno barks orders during Tottenham training - GETTY IMAGES
© Provided by The Telegraph Nuno barks orders during Tottenham training - GETTY IMAGES
With the players, too, he was generally a far more distant presence than Jose Mourinho and Mauricio Pochettino, his predecessors in the dug-out. Mourinho may have been typically belligerent and stubborn at times, but he also made close friends at the club and attempted to strengthen bonds with his staff. Nuno was not roundly disliked, but he was rarely a source of warmth. In a recent interview with Telegraph Sport, Tanguy Ndombele described Nuno as a “really nice guy”, but added: “He is a bit quieter and keeps himself to himself.”

The players knew as well as Nuno and the supporters that the Portuguese was not the first choice for the role. He was not even the fourth or fifth choice, either, and it should not be forgotten that he had been formally discounted at the start of the long search for Mourinho’s replacement. He was given only a two-year contract, which was another indication that Daniel Levy and Fabio Paratici were more hopeful than expectant that he could lead Tottenham’s rebuild.

In hindsight, the high point came in his very first match against Manchester City. Nuno’s players were clinical that day, scoring through Son Heung-min, and they defended with organisation, commitment and ferocity.

Their performance, in the absence of the mutinous Harry Kane, felt like a blueprint for what could be achieved under the new manager and what might be accomplished even without their star striker. Change was in the air, and it must have felt invigorating for the club’s supporters.

But even though Tottenham won their next two league matches, against Wolves and Watford, performance levels slumped alarmingly and never bounced back. Nuno’s managerial record will say he won eight matches in all competitions as Tottenham head coach, but only one of those - the City game - was regarded as truly convincing by the fanbase and, crucially, his bosses.

Not even a 5-1 victory over Slovenian side NS Mura, in the Europa Conference League, felt like a step forward. Tottenham were flat for much of the night, and only made sure of the three points after Kane, Son and Lucas Moura had been thrown into the action.

It further damaged Nuno’s cause when the players he rested at Vitesse went on to produce another dispiriting attacking display a few days later, in their loss at West Ham United. Tottenham did not take a single shot in the second half of that defeat at the London Stadium, despite chasing the game for 20 minutes, and yet Nuno made the questionable claim that his side was the better team. Asked if Tottenham had a creativity problem, he said “no” four times.

It should be said that it is not Nuno’s fault that he was so far down the list of candidates, and therefore he cannot be blamed for starting the season on the back foot. In order to win over the fans, players and executives, though, he needed to provide either performances, results, or, failing that, a sense of project for the club’s fans and players to buy into and believe in.

What was the Nuno masterplan? What style of football did he want the team to play? How did he see this group evolving under his guidance? None of these questions were answered, and he made little attempt to address them properly in his reserved engagements with the media. It felt rather fitting that the club’s statement on his sacking was brief, running to only four lines.

All of these factors, and a few others outside of Nuno’s control - the Super League fallout being chief among them - contributed to the rage in the stands during Saturday’s thrashing at home by Manchester United. The heavy defeats by Chelsea and Arsenal were also, evidently, fresh in the memory for a group of supporters who had already lost faith in what they were seeing.

After such a tortuous summer, Nuno was facing an uphill battle from the moment he walked through the doors at Hotspur Way. In order to earn the trust he needed, he had to galvanise both the players and the supporters. Saturday’s showing against United, and the subsequent revolt from the stands, showed that he had failed to do so.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/america ... ar-AAQc6gb
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Spurs should be in rebuilding mode. Levy should either sell the club on leave it to a more less hubris challenged manager. If care is not taken, Spurs may soon be the new Newscastle-perenial underachievers. These set of players are done with Levy's lies. it is time for a change of guards. They are not playing for him. Conte can't change that dynamics. Levy OUT!
dd: I do agree that the club is cursed
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Another Spurs sacking: How did we get here?

Nuno Espirito Santo is sacked by Tottenham just four months after being appointed; It is the third managerial departure from Spurs in just under two years; Mauricio Pochettino and Jose Mourinho have also been in charge, reaching Champions League and Carabao Cup finals respectively

Monday 1 November 2021 17:03, UK
Spurs managers

It has been a turbulent few years at Tottenham with varying degrees of success. But just how did Spurs reach the point of a third managerial sacking in two years?

Nuno Espirito Santo was the latest Premier League casualty, dismissed by Daniel Levy and the Tottenham board on Monday morning.

It followed a series of poor performances, including a 3-0 defeat to Manchester United on Saturday Night Football that ultimately cost the Portuguese manager his job.

Here, we take a look at a rollercoaster few years and how Tottenham have come to find themselves in search of another new head coach...

August 2018 - Tottenham become the first Premier League team to go through a summer transfer window without completing a single signing. Mauricio Pochettino, at this point hesitant to criticise Daniel Levy, is positive about the club's summer, saying: "The club made a massive effort to try to extend contracts, like Harry Kane. To keep our best players was our objective and goal and we have achieved that."

This continued into January 2019, where Tottenham once again did not add to their squad. Pochettino said at the start of the month: "We know very well that summer is always difficult but winter is worse. Sure for us it's going to be difficult for us to add players.

"I don't expect to add players but, of course, if in the end we have the opportunity to add the right players we are going to try, we are always open in trying to improve the squad."

May 2019 - Spurs reach their first Champions League final but are beaten 2-0 by Liverpool. Their only senior striker, a seemingly unfit Harry Kane, makes a surprise return from injury to start.

Before the match, Pochettino hints that he could leave the club, telling reporters: "To win the Champions League with Tottenham, in this circumstance, in this season, maybe I need to think a little bit to do something different in the future, for sure.

"Because to repeat this miracle, you know would be impossible."

July 2019 - When asked about the future of Danny Rose and seemingly frustrated with Tottenham's transfer policy, an exasperated Mauricio Pochettino says: "Maybe the club need to change my title description, because my job now is to coach the team. It is not a question for me, it is a question for the club."

However, the 2019 summer transfer window is a stark contrast to the previous 12 months. Tanguy Ndombele is signed for £55m - a club record - with Steven Bergwijn, Ryan Sessegnon and Jack Clarke all costing a combined £62m in transfer fees.

November 2019 - 12 games and 14 points into the new season, Pochettino is sacked. Tottenham are winless in five Premier League games, with just three wins. There had also been a third-round Carabao Cup exit to Colchester United on penalties and a 7-2 humiliation at the hands of Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

"We were extremely reluctant to make this change. It is not a decision the board has taken lightly, nor in haste," says chairman Daniel Levy.

"It falls on the board to make the difficult decisions - this one made more so given the many memorable moments we have had with Mauricio and his coaching staff - but we do so in the club's best interests."

November 2019 - Less than 24 hours later after appointing Jose Mourinho, Levy states: "In Jose we have one of the most successful managers in football. He has won honours at every club he has coached. We believe he will bring energy and belief to the dressing room."

It provides Tottenham with an instant boost. Mourinho wins his first three games in all competitions - albeit conceding two goals in each game - but cannot find the formula to beat his former side, Man Utd.

April 2021 - Only days before the Carabao Cup final - a chance for Spurs to lift silverware for the first time in 13 years - Mourinho is sacked. It was the first time he had departed a club without winning a trophy since 2002.

"On a personal level I have enjoyed working with him and regret that things have not worked out as we both had envisaged," Levy says.

Former midfielder Ryan Mason takes charge until the end of the season, making a jump from the academy. He faces a baptism of fire in his second game, facing Manchester City in the Wembley final, which Spurs lost 1-0.

In his six Premier League games in charge, he finished with four wins and two defeats as Tottenham finished in seventh, securing a spot in the newly-formed Europa Conference League.

May 2021 - In an open statement to the club's supporters, Levy gives an update on Spurs' already protracted search for a new head coach. He writes: "We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known - free-flowing, attacking and entertaining."

June 2021 - At the start of June, Sky in Italy reports Spurs are in contact with Antonio Conte, having recently appointed his former colleague Fabio Paratici as sporting director. Talks quickly break down though, with the club unwilling to meet his demands.

There are a plethora of other names linked with the Tottenham vacancy. Paulo Fonseca, Gennaro Gattuso, Julian Nagelsmann, Brendan Rodgers and Erik ten Hag are all among reported the candidates, as well as a failed pursuit of Pochettino to bring him back to the club from Paris Saint-Germain.

June 2021 - Another month later, Nuno is appointed. "We should like to thank our supporters for all their patience throughout this process," said Levy.

"I've spoken already about the need to revert back to our core DNA of playing attacking, entertaining football, and [managing director of football] Fabio [Paratici] and I believe Nuno is the man who can take our talented group of players, embrace our young players coming through and build something special."

Nuno added: "When you have a squad with quality and talent, we want to make the fans proud and enjoy. It's an enormous pleasure and honour (to be here), there's joy and I'm happy and looking forward to starting work. We don't have any days to lose and we must start working immediately as pre-season starts in a few days."

November 2021 - Just 10 Premier League games into his reign, Nuno is sacked. Paratici is the man whose words are attached to Spurs' statement, saying: "I know how much Nuno and his coaching staff wanted to succeed and I regret that we have had to take this decision."

Around half an hour later, Sky in Italy report that Conte will be in London to hold talks with Tottenham. It is later confirmed that negotiations are in advanced stages to sign on an 18-month contract.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... e-get-here

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Sun Poll at the minute

Those in support of Nuno sacking 48.9%
Those who favoured more time 42.3%
Not sure. Time will tell 8.8%

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Seems like Harry Kane was a problem in the dressing room if he is described in the Telegraph article as mutinous.