Chelsea FC- News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea FC- News, Developments & Season

Post by green4life »

Poor set up of the team by Tuchel proved costly. Tuchel only has himself to blame.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

green4life wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:12 pm Poor set up of the team by Tuchel proved costly. Tuchel only has himself to blame.
I have major misgivings about Tuchel.... had them long before this defeat. Let's see how things pan out.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:04 pm
green4life wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:12 pm Poor set up of the team by Tuchel proved costly. Tuchel only has himself to blame.
I have major misgivings about Tuchel.... had them long before this defeat. Let's see how things pan out.
While being defensively sound, he usually doesn’t set up this Chelsea team as conservatively as was done today. The 3 games he won last season against Pep is an indication. I don’t recall him ever starting with 3 natural CMs in any game for Chelsea including the CL finals. Anyway, I’ve always felt like the bigger concern for this team is consistent wins versus the rest of the top 6.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

You guys do know he was without his two best one on one playmakers in Mount and Pulisic?
Who else could run at the defense open it up with their dribbling or incisive passing from the final third?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:44 pm You guys do know he was without his two best one on one playmakers in Mount and Pulisic?
Who else could run at the defense open it up with their dribbling or incisive passing from the final third?
I’m aware. In previous games, Tuchel has played Ziyech in Mount’s position when rotation was needed. That said being left with Azpilcueta and Alonso as wing backs further played into Pep’s high pressing tactics.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:39 pm
While being defensively sound, he usually doesn’t set up this Chelsea team as conservatively as was done today. The 3 games he won last season against Pep is an indication. I don’t recall him ever starting with 3 natural CMs in any game for Chelsea including the CL finals. Anyway, I’ve always felt like the bigger concern for this team is consistent wins versus the rest of the top 6.
Mount is injured, Ziyech and Havertz have been misfiring.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said, you can get a 30-50 million pounds striker to get you the goals against Norwich, Newcastle, Southahmpton, Arsenal and Wolves. Danny Ings, for instance would get you 20-25 goals with this Chelsea team. However, when you spend 100 million, you are looking at a striker to make the difference when it matters. Chelsea does not have that striker.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chelsea just finished a though league start. In 6 league matches, they've faced assanal, Spurs, Pool and city ,maxing 7 points (2 wins , a draw and a loss ) now on to october fixtures. We cannot say the same for pool them. I am content as of now. The season is still new.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

txj wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:24 pm Great game from Bernardo Silva. Absolutely top class
You sabi soccer that was well packaged by Pep.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:52 pm Chelsea just finished a though league start. In 6 league matches, they've faced assanal, Spurs, Pool and city ,maxing 7 points (2 wins , a draw and a loss ) now on to october fixtures. We cannot say the same for pool them. I am content as of now. The season is still new.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:39 pm

Was not really a conservative setup as much as it was forced into being one.

City successfully stopped any connection to Werner and the vertical game chelsea wanted.

Without different kind of CMs alongside Jorginho, chelsea could not adjust the plan...
Abit surprised at the lack of trust in ziyech
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

hmmm the honeymoon period is now over
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

:D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:33 pm Like I said, you can get a 30-50 million pounds striker to get you the goals against Norwich, Newcastle, Southahmpton, Arsenal and Wolves. Danny Ings, for instance would get you 20-25 goals with this Chelsea team. However, when you spend 100 million, you are looking at a striker to make the difference when it matters. Chelsea does not have that striker.
Nothing more to add.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:59 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:33 pm Like I said, you can get a 30-50 million pounds striker to get you the goals against Norwich, Newcastle, Southahmpton, Arsenal and Wolves. Danny Ings, for instance would get you 20-25 goals with this Chelsea team. However, when you spend 100 million, you are looking at a striker to make the difference when it matters. Chelsea does not have that striker.
Nothing more to add.
Take a bow,as poor as Manu was but a big game player step up and win the game for t hem
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Nothing more to add.
...until they win you then praise them for spending. Like every club Chelsea went into the doldrums of two games. They will return or snap out of it :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:13 pm
Nothing more to add.
...until they win you then praise them for spending. Like every club Chelsea went into the doldrums of two games. They will return or snap out of it :thumbs:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude stop mistaking me for people like you who do not know anything about football. I state my opinion and it ALWAYS comes true. I dont just open my mouth like an olofofo! I analyze matters before I state my opinion.

Lukaku can score 100 goals a season, it will never change what I have said about him.

Chelsea can also win the treble and it will never change what I have said about Lukaku.

More importantly, if you actually read what I said, you would have known that my comment has NOTHING to do with Chelsea, but EVERYTHING to do with Lukaku. Please try to read better, okay? pumpkin? :oops:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

A game for some fringes to stake a claim.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chalobah gets the first goal.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

RLC with the assist.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Come on! Chilli should have scored that.