Chelsea FC- News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chelsea FC- News, Developments & Season

Post by balo »

The following statement has been published...

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that a final and definitive agreement was entered into last night to sell the Club to the Todd Boehly/Clearlake Capital consortium. It is expected that the transaction will be completed on Monday. The Club will update further at that time.
Last edited by balo on Sat May 28, 2022 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

https://link.chelseafc.com/1WUW/whdkcj2g
Here's a link from The 5th Stand, Chelsea FC's official app: Statement from Roman Abramovich

It has been nearly three months since I announced my intention to sell Chelsea FC. During this time, the team have worked hard to find the right custodian for Chelsea FC that would be best positioned to successfully lead the Club into its next chapter.

The ownership of this Club comes with great responsibility. Since I came to Chelsea nearly twenty years ago, I have witnessed first-hand what this Club can achieve. My goal has been to ensure that the next owner has a mindset that will enable success for the Men’s and Women’s team, as well as the will and drive to continue developing other key aspects of the Club, such as the Academy and the vital work of Chelsea Foundation.

I am pleased this search has now come to a successful conclusion. As I hand over Chelsea to its new custodians, I would like to wish them the best of success, both on and off the pitch.

It has been an honour of a lifetime to be a part of this Club – I would like to thank all the Club’s past and current players, staff, and of course fans for these incredible years.

I am proud that as a result of our joint successes, millions of people will now benefit from the new charitable foundation which is being established. This is the legacy which we have created together.

Thank you.

Some UK journalists still aren't happy that Roman did not mention Ukraine by name. Acting as if they loved Ukraine more than their own country.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chelsea earns 20M pounds from RM winning the CL.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Here's a link from The 5th Stand, Chelsea FC's official app:

https://link.chelseafc.com/1WUW/j1sj2i0b

Statement from the Board of Directors of Chelsea Football Club Limited

[Note: this statement has been prepared by the Board as constituted immediately prior to the sale of the Club]

Roman Abramovich has completed the sale of Chelsea Football Club and related companies to an investment group led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital.

This sale process commenced on 2 March, when Mr. Abramovich announced his intention to sell the Club after 19 successful years of ownership. In selling the Club, Mr. Abramovich stipulated that the new owner must be a good steward of the Club, the net proceeds of the sale must be donated to charity, and that he would not seek the repayment of loans made to affiliates of the Club.

Following this announcement, the Board of Directors and senior staff at the Club immediately commenced work on the sale transaction. Raine, a global merchant bank chosen by the owner to run the sale process, has significant expertise and experience advising premium sports clubs on mergers and acquisitions and advised the owner and the Club in the process.

SANCTIONS

On 10 March, Mr. Abramovich was sanctioned by the UK Government. Under sanctions, the Club operated within the confines and constraints of the restrictive General Licence granted by the UK Government, while doing its best to maintain the ordinary course of business. At all times throughout the process the Club’s objective was to support our men’s, women’s and academy teams and allow them to operate with the absolute minimum level of inconvenience and distraction.

These sanctions also presented unique and unforeseen challenges to the sale process, but the Board and Raine continued to work on the transaction in accordance with the owner’s objectives.

PROCESS

The process was extremely thorough and completed on an accelerated timeline. Many described the proposed transaction as “unprecedented”, and it was. A transaction such as this would normally take nine months to a year to complete; we did it in less than three months.

The Club received more than 250 enquiries from proposed purchasers, held detailed discussions with more than 100 individuals and entities, and entered into 32 confidentiality agreements, which allowed for due diligence with respect to confidential Club information. Ultimately, the Club received 12 credible bids, resulting in 4 and then 3 final bidders. The Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital consortium was chosen as the preferred bidder.

PREFERRED BIDDER

The group led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital rose above the other groups through the strength of the partnership between the group’s component parts, which includes Mark Walter, co-founder and CEO of Guggenheim Capital; and Hansjörg Wyss, founder of the Wyss Foundation; Todd and Mark’s participation in the ownership of several sports franchises with sustained winning traditions, including the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Los Angeles Sparks; a belief by the Board that this group could help the Club resolve certain current challenges and could assist in creating new opportunities, and help the Club reach its long-term strategic objectives. We believe the Board and the Boehly/Clearlake group have a shared vision for the future of Chelsea Football Club.

STRUCTURE OF TRANSACTION

In choosing the right stewards for the Club through this transaction, we agreed with the new owners that their group would make certain binding financial commitments, including investments in the Academy and women’s team, the redevelopment of Stamford Bridge and the Chelsea Foundation.

We also agreed several further conditions to ensure that the new owners continue to provide equity funding for future capital and operating expenditures, and that the Club will not be laden with inappropriate financial indebtedness.

STAKEHOLDERS AND APPROVALS

Throughout this process, we have worked very closely with the UK Government, in particular the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), and HM Treasury, as well as with the Premier League, The FA and UEFA. In order to complete the transaction, we needed consents and approvals from all, and in particular from the UK Government.

We have been able to obtain all necessary consents, as well as further licences required in Portugal, Canada and Jersey due to the structure of the previous ownership

THANK YOU

We would like to thank all of the bidders for their engagement, effort and participation in this process.

We would also like to thank our men and women footballers, the staff of both teams, everyone in our Academy, and in particular Thomas Tuchel and Emma Hayes for their patience and support during this process. And, of course, thank you to all our partners, staff and fans during this difficult phase for the Club.

We additionally wish to state our appreciation for the efforts of the Fans' Forum, Chelsea Supporters Trust, Chelsea Supporters Group, Chelsea Supporters Club and Chelsea Pitch Owners for engaging with bidders and conveying their views and expectations of any new owner.

And finally, we would like to thank for their help, assistance, and support those persons with whom we have worked with at:

DCMS
HM Treasury
UEFA
The FA
The Premier League
The Raine Group
Northridge Law
Simmons & Simmons
Ernst & Young
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
And, OF COURSE, Roman Abramovich for 19 amazing, unforgettable years.

The Board of Directors of Chelsea Football Club.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Now that sanctions are lifted,and Chelsea no longer under his care, RA files lawsuit. Buran Uba!

Ex-Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich files lawsuit against EU Council

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2022 ... eu-council

Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich has filed a lawsuit against the European Union Council.

The former owner of Chelsea FC submitted the legal case to the EU's general court on Tuesday. At the time of writing, neither the court nor the Council had responded to a request for comment.

The EU Council sanctioned Abramovich, who holds Russian, Israeli, and Portuguese citizenship, as part of a constellation of measures targeting Russia and Vladimir Putin's allies.

He was one of several Russian oligarchs hit with travel bans and targeted asset freezes by the EU in March. At the time, the bloc said he had "privileged access to the [Russian] president and has maintained very good relations with him", which Abramovich has vehemently denied.

The oligarch was compelled by the UK government to sell the Premier League club Chelsea after he was sanctioned earlier this year over Putin's "brutal and barbaric invasion".

Chelsea was finally sold for £2.5 billion ($3.2 billion) on Monday to a consortium led by Todd Boehly, who part-owns the United States baseball team Los Angeles Dodgers.

The sale of Chelsea, following the most ever paid for a single sports team, marked the end of Abramovich's 19 years at the helm, which saw the club lift five Premier League trophies alongside other European titles.

Portuguese authorities confirmed that the sale of Chelsea by Abramovich did not benefit the billionaire or any of his associates, and the proceeds would be used to support humanitarian activities in Ukraine.

“This [sale] follows close engagement between the European Commission, Portugal and the United Kingdom aimed at ensuring that the sale is fully in line with the EU sanctions legislation," the Commission wrote to AP at the time.

In April, two Russian businessmen linked to Abramovich, Eugene Tenenbaum and David Davidovich, had some £10bn worth of their own concerns frozen by the UK government. Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said it was the biggest asset freeze in UK history.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

balo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:25 pm Now that sanctions are lifted,and Chelsea no longer under his care, RA files lawsuit. Buran Uba!

Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich has filed a lawsuit against the European Union Council.

The former owner of Chelsea FC submitted the legal case to the EU's general court on Tuesday. At the time of writing, neither the court nor the Council had responded to a request for comment.

The EU Council sanctioned Abramovich, who holds Russian, Israeli, and Portuguese citizenship, as part of a constellation of measures targeting Russia and Vladimir Putin's allies.

He was one of several Russian oligarchs hit with travel bans and targeted asset freezes by the EU in March. At the time, the bloc said he had "privileged access to the [Russian] president and has maintained very good relations with him", which Abramovich has vehemently denied.

The oligarch was compelled by the UK government to sell the Premier League club Chelsea after he was sanctioned earlier this year over Putin's "brutal and barbaric invasion".

Chelsea was finally sold for £2.5 billion ($3.2 billion) on Monday to a consortium led by Todd Boehly, who part-owns the United States baseball team Los Angeles Dodgers.

The sale of Chelsea, following the most ever paid for a single sports team, marked the end of Abramovich's 19 years at the helm, which saw the club lift five Premier League trophies alongside other European titles.

Portuguese authorities confirmed that the sale of Chelsea by Abramovich did not benefit the billionaire or any of his associates, and the proceeds would be used to support humanitarian activities in Ukraine.

“This [sale] follows close engagement between the European Commission, Portugal and the United Kingdom aimed at ensuring that the sale is fully in line with the EU sanctions legislation," the Commission wrote to AP at the time.

In April, two Russian businessmen linked to Abramovich, Eugene Tenenbaum and David Davidovich, had some £10bn worth of their own concerns frozen by the UK government. Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said it was the biggest asset freeze in UK history.
I approve. Him get money.

Let the sanctions be tested legally
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:04 pm
balo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:25 pm Now that sanctions are lifted,and Chelsea no longer under his care, RA files lawsuit. Buran Uba!

I approve. Him get money.

Uncle Roman na gangster lmao
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:13 pm
cchinukw wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:04 pm I approve. Him get money.

Uncle Roman na gangster lmao
I like the way him settle ordinary man first before turning his ire on the real agberos.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

No more sugar daddy, so back to mediocrity.

By the way, I support Abrahamovic's lawsuit.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Rudiger has joined Real Madrid.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Donzman wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:49 am No more sugar daddy, so back to mediocrity.

By the way, I support Abrahamovic's lawsuit.
Don't be too quick to pronounce a judgement. The club is stronger than ever.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cristao II wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:20 pm Rudiger has joined Real Madrid.
Best of luck to him. He deserves the best. Man has to secure his future and that of his charity organization.

Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Roman did Chelsea alot of good. He waited till the sale went thru before filing the lawsuit. Otherwise, no investor was touching the sale and the club will be in shambles of uncertainty.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Transfer window officially opens. Chelsea needs to get busy.

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Chelsea might end the year undefeated if they make the proper sigings.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:44 pm Chelsea might end the year undefeated if they make the proper sigings.
:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:57 pm

He talks too much. He instead needs to walk the walk and back his coach.

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

balo wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:16 pm

:rotf: :rotf: Roman the opposite.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Raheem Sterling: Chelsea target Manchester City winger

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61859227
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

balo wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:16 pm

Balo,
Your mob let Marina G leave?
Not good.