Chelsea FC- News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chelsea FC- News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:21 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:19 pm
Cristao II wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:38 am Chei! Poor Brighton - they were on the road to establishing themselves. This has dabarued them.
Like I mentioned to someone on twitter, no serious club builds its future around one person - manager or player. They should be able to get someone in to carry on their plans.

Perhaps Poch? The loser is jobless... :lol:
Yes they shouldn't but this is really a blow for them. Let's see what happens at both clubs. Pochettino at Brighton... Hmmm. It is hit or miss with Poch. Perhaps he will try to bring Dele Alli again to Brighton :lol:
Definitely! Potter is one of the best coaches in the league, hands down! Chelsea is very lucky.

Brighton will be foooooolish to hire Poch. His reputation is in tatters at the moment and his failure at PSG means most clubs will run away from him. He did well at Espanyol and Southampton, so maybe he will be able to help them. But I think he may have a super-inflated idea of himself that he will think they are beneath him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kalani JR wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:00 am
balo wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:51 am
Cito wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:48 am Is this true?
Report: Edouard Mendy Rejects Initial Contract Offer From Chelsea
However, it seems negotiations have hit a wall after the player turned down Chelsea's initial contract proposal.
According to Standard Sport journalist Nizaar Kinsella, the number 16 was offered inferior terms to his back-up goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, who had negotiated a £190,000-a-week contract before Mendy arrived in 2018.

In fact, the Senegalese is one of the lowest paid players in Tuchel's squad earning around £50,000 per week, despite appearing over 40 times across both of the seasons he has been a blue.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 1662452677
He should improve his performances first. He will get what is due to him.
interesting.

Like many players at Chelsea, he is in a dip. So you see the difference between you an I, I recognize he is a good keeper (sans penalties) that is in the dip.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

5 year contract the deal is done
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

balo wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:09 pm
actually 15M , Tuchel gets a 7 M payout, his contract was up in January anyway
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chelsea appoint Graham Potter to succeed Thomas Tuchel as manager
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62838065

Chelsea have appointed Graham Potter as their new manager following the sacking of Thomas Tuchel.

Potter has left fellow Premier League club Brighton to take up the role and has signed a five-year deal with the Blues.

The 47-year-old said he was "incredibly proud and excited to represent Chelsea".

Potter's first game in charge will be an away derby with fellow west London club Fulham on Saturday at 12:30 BST.

"We are thrilled to bring Graham to Chelsea," said the Stamford Bridge club's chairman Todd Boehly.

"Not only is he extremely talented on the pitch, he has skills and capabilities that extend beyond the pitch which will make Chelsea a more successful club.

"He has had a major impact at his previous clubs and we look forward to his positive impact at Chelsea.

"We look forward to supporting him, his coaching team and the squad in realising their full potential in the coming months and years."
SuperEagles

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

This is a very good hire for Chelsea on paper. We shall see how it translates to on field performances.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is he Chief Oga Boss enough? One of his trusty sidekicks arrived in a white Volvo, how is Pierre-Emerick Lamborghiniyang supposed to take his utterances serious? One can only hope Ogochukwu Potter arrived in sizeable agbada, with sleeves more Al Hadji than a GDP embezzling state Governor.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sad news,amy never succeed under Chelshit
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:47 am
ohsee wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:21 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:11 pm
balo wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:29 am
Also ZZ is in the mix. Well done Chelsea.. it is pathetic seeing a useless club like assanal topping the league. they were thinking Roman is gone. Come on uncle Todd we no dey play
:biggrin:
If ZZ come to Chelsea, I don switch support be dat. :biggrin:
Na wow o! Even old people no dey loyal again. No wonder the divorce rate in people between the ages of 75-90 has increased exponentially over the last 3 years. :(
:biggrin:
Siddon dia dey look like Lucozade my bros. Even okongwus like change now and then. :thumbs:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Starting line-up will be very interesting, does Sterling play as one of two Tenors or stunt-double as Leo Trossard at left wingback? Is Ben Chilwell recalled after being well-chilled on the pine? Is Cucurella left-sided centre back or marauding wingback? Papa Tiago, eased into retirement or still a prominent piece of the puzzle. And then to midfield, would come as no surprise to see Big Loftus given a run of it. With the World Cup to come and Les Anglais desperate for game time, in the absence of Field Marshall Ngo 'bebe' Kante, a quartet of Billy Britonians could emerge, much to the joys of the rule Britannia singing fooligans in the stands. Loftus-Cheeck, Gallagher, Mount, Sterling. Papa Auba vs Kai Havertz for the lead role.

Interesting appointment, potentially exciting times. First things first, a G-Wagon with the necessary trimmings with the signing-on fee to command the respect of the myriad Afs in office.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Football is not played in the EPL. Tuchel is one of the best but since England does not know football, he is gone.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kai but uncle Todd head no dey house.. just pursue TT comot like that ...chei
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

In the statement on Twitter, he wrote: 'This is one of the most difficult statements I have ever had to write - and it is one which I hoped I would not need to do for many years. I am devastated that my time at Chelsea has come to an end.

'This is a club where I felt at home, both professionally and personally. Thank you so much to all the staff, the players and the supporters for making me feel very welcome from the start.

'The pride and joy I felt at helping the team to win the Champions League and the Club World Cup will stay with me forever. I am honoured to have been a part of this club’s history and the memories of the last 19 months will always have a special place in my heart.
Balo,
This firing really hurt Tuchel.
I hope he gets back on his feet
and back in the game soon.
Very good coach.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:26 pm
In the statement on Twitter, he wrote: 'This is one of the most difficult statements I have ever had to write - and it is one which I hoped I would not need to do for many years. I am devastated that my time at Chelsea has come to an end.

'This is a club where I felt at home, both professionally and personally. Thank you so much to all the staff, the players and the supporters for making me feel very welcome from the start.

'The pride and joy I felt at helping the team to win the Champions League and the Club World Cup will stay with me forever. I am honoured to have been a part of this club’s history and the memories of the last 19 months will always have a special place in my heart.
Balo,
Very good coach.
Given that the season just started, it is abit premature. However, Chelsea fumbled towards the finish line last season and the trend continues. He (and the scouting team) were unable to attract too talent despite money on the table. It certainly reflects rumblings behind the scenes.

Hopefully his time off allows him to reflect and emerge as a better manager and tactician. Thanks for the memories.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Riche007 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:16 am
Sleaky72 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:26 pm

Balo,
Very good coach.
Given that the season just started, it is a bit premature. However, Chelsea fumbled towards the finish line last season and the trend continues. He (and the scouting team) were unable to attract too talent despite money on the table. It certainly reflects rumblings behind the scenes.

Hopefully his time off allows him to reflect and emerge as a better manager and tactician. Thanks for the memories.
Exactly. I put this sacking on him. Apart from the on-field failings, he had been doing a great job in front of the mic defending the club.
And then everything got to him. The man went through a divorce, went through the sanctions, lost the guys he trusted on the job. He only needed that extra push to keep up with the new management and the job would have been his for a long time.

Unfortunately, Chelsea had to press the reset button again. I wish him the best.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:19 pm
Finally some games,i know chelseaa will bribe for their game to be moved,so their new coach has time.,Funny thing it is the best time to play Liverpool.