Breaking News - Messi to leave Barcelona

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking News - Messi to leave Barcelona

Post by Undertaker »

Cito wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:00 pm
Undertaker wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:49 am If you believe that Messi is leaving Barcelona then I have a private island to sell to you in the Caribbean for just $100!
Seem you were wrong in not considering the possibility of his leaving.
I am still in shock! I have eaten for days! Even Messi didn't know he had to leave the Club until three days ago! How did we get here? Barca for Life!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:22 pm
Undertaker wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:49 am If you believe that Messi is leaving Barcelona then I have a private island to sell to you in the Caribbean for just $100!
I am still in shock! I have eaten for days! Even Messi didn't know he had to leave the Club until three days ago! How did we get here? Barca for Life!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you have Braithwaite , he will take over from Messi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:41 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you have Braithwaite , he will take over from Messi
Braith...... what????? Braithwaite wasn't good enough to be a Barca player in the first place. It is because of decision like buying players like him we are in this situation. He is a very nice guy do.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

There is a rumour that City and Pep are working frantically behind the scenes to get Messi to City.

Do not be surprised if there is a huge breaking news during the week.

Apparently it would be cheaper for City on the whole to pay Messi huge wages on a free than to get Kane

Let's wait and see
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:53 pm There is a rumour that City and Pep are working frantically behind the scenes to get Messi to City.

Apparently it would be cheaper for City on the whole to pay Messi huge wages on a free than to get Kane

Let's wait and see
PSG looks like getting him on locked down.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

benteke wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:53 pm There is a rumour that City and Pep are working frantically behind the scenes to get Messi to City.

Let's wait and see

Pep has given up that ghost.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A grown man refuses to eat like a petulant child because another grown man is going to make 50 m Euros per year. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If you like dont go and eat your food! Messi has been eating and drinking champagne since the news broke :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Beinsports are on cloud 9, they lost the la-laiga US TV rights to ESPN and now all of a sudden Messi will be in Ligue 1 ...chei ESPN go dey vex oooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:41 pm

A grown man refuses to eat like a petulant child because another grown man is going to make 50 m Euros per year. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If you like dont go and eat your food! Messi has been eating and drinking champagne since the news broke :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Very Ridiculous
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Oh! I also didnt see this. If you believe this lie, then I have a bridge to sell to you in kafanchan! :rotf: :rotf: Messi has been speaking to PSG since January. Messi has always wanted out of Barca! Laporta is like a father to him and he had this convo with Laporta. Laporta "helped" him to leave and created a narrative that will be palatable to the fans. 3 days ko, 3 days ni! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys watch too many movies :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is Messi, while an adult Nigerian man is weeping and refusing to eat :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:09 pm
Oh! I also didnt see this. If you believe this lie, then I have a bridge to sell to you in kafanchan! :rotf: :rotf: Messi has been speaking to PSG since January. Messi has always wanted out of Barca! Laporta is like a father to him and he had this convo with Laporta. Laporta "helped" him to leave and created a narrative that will be palatable to the fans. 3 days ko, 3 days ni! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys watch too many movies :lol: :lol:
Not surprised the press release sounded scripted to me.

As a football fan I am not more emotional about players because players are like dogs. They will say anything to please thier current masters.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

OK now that the deed is done.
Will PSG be a deadly attacking force or do they still need to address other areas on the squad.

That is a serious attacking trident Messi Neymar Mbappe.
They did add Ramos as well.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:40 pm OK now that the deed is done.
Will PSG be a deadly attacking force or do they still need to address other areas on the squad.

Bros, I heard on BBC that Donnarumma is going there as well. European clubs don suffer on paper at least. However, the other European clubs have a secret weapon. It's code name is Pochettino. :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:55 pm

Bros, I heard on BBC that Donnarumma is going there as well. European clubs don suffer on paper at least. However, the other European clubs have a secret weapon. It's code name is Pochettino. :lol:
For me this is not football anymore; just glorified play station..

PSG, like City and Chelsea will always be plastic clubs...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

txj wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:39 pm

It's just power shifting, c'est la vie!
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: And so what? Now that they are plastic and the rest of you are rubber, who cares? :taunt:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:08 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:27 am
benteke wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:29 am An interesting twitter thread on this situation
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1419 ... 07584.html
Exactly, they cannot afford him due to new salary cap in laliga, but trust g4life to state he was chased out. Let them move on from messi. Barca lost 487 million euros just in one year. They are in the red
Can Barcelona bring it money without Messi?
That’s a funny question given their storied history…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:16 am
benteke wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:29 am An interesting twitter thread on this situation
Exactly, they cannot afford him due to new salary cap in laliga, but trust g4life to state he was chased out. Let them move on from messi. Barca lost 487 million euros just in one year. They are in the red
Their history before him pales in comparison to their history with him.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:25 am

It's just power shifting, c'est la vie!
Its not power shifting.
Without the football culture/history, they remain plastic...

How many peeps followed Ligue 1 when Neymar moved there?

And what happens 2yrs from now if/when Messi leaves, or if they don't win CL?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

kalani JR wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:31 pm
Perhaps you should study their history?

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

txj wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:59 pm
kalani JR wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:31 pm
Perhaps you should study their history?
A single Champions League title. "Kaiserslauten"

Urruti's save against Valladolid?

Messi's dwarfs all of that.