Benjamin Mendy (City) Arrested and Suspended

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Benjamin Mendy (City) Arrested and Suspended

Post by Molue Conductor »

benteke wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:04 pm If allegations are true, another young man has thrown a promising career down the drain
Na Im girl o.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

he's been arrested.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

benteke wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:04 pm If allegations are true, another young man has thrown a promising career down the drain
Don’t even know what 2 say ‘bout Mase.
If that’s real blood caused by his putting hands
on her then he will have a hard time in England …
Especially after his incident on England duty with Phil
Foden. I know domestic issues can be dodgy but this dude was not advised well or if he was, still doesn’t get it
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Molue Conductor wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:23 pm
Na Im girl o.
The bigger issue for this guy is the rape allegation. From the recording, she specifically asked him not to insert his penis in her and he said he will and apparently did.

He is screwed even if he pays her off to not testify.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

benteke wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:00 am I agree on behalf of BigP, papa ohsee :biggrin:
Actually around 70% of me says this young man Benji Mendy has messed up big time especially when i keep hearing of his co-accused friend, a so called Luis Saha, those 2 must have been up to no good in totology.
But i 30% has a lot of questions, given the way certain rape cases go in these western countries
How do they go, in your opinion?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:59 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:55 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:36 am
benteke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:42 am
Benjamin Mendy charged with a further count of rape. Now faces seven charges of rape and one of sexual assault. His trial is now delayed until either June 27th or August 1st, exact date to be decided at the end of January.
Why do they keep extending his stay in remand, its like he's already serving a jail sentence before being proven guilty in the court of law.

As we stand, the only information we are getting is the charges and allegations against the guy.
The trial need to be as soon as possible so that all the details are made public and the world gets to hear Mendy's side of the story, as well as what actually transpired.
The courts are not going to expedite proceedings because he is a star or because you are eager to hear a juicy story or even because you might be feeling sorry for him.
How do you think the victims feel?
You didn’t mention them - the most important group - in your lament.
what the heck do you mean? "how do you think the victims feel? my goodness, why the freaking delay ? He has been locked up for more than 6 months . what more do you people want ? Has he been convicted of all counts? Where you there when he was assaulting these women?

Learn to hear both sides of a story before your jungle justice kicks in
Thank you chief. People are so quick to judge. This $#% nearly happened to me and I take it very personally when people are quick to ris to and judge without hearing the guy's side of the story

In the UK a woman van have sex with you and then go to the police and yes she did babe sex with you but was drunk and you will be charged. Her saying she was drunk is enough to get you charged never mind you too were drunk

I hope it never happens to some of these social justice warriors

Bigporkey my respect for you just went up, not that you need it. But I am fed up with some guys who instinctively jump into a woman's corner whenever such allegations are made. We live in a time when it's dangerous to be a man
With all due respect - and thank God you escaped being caught up in a false accusation - your viewpoint is coloured by very personal and limited data.
Yes you talk about dubious women and their false claims but it does not seem you have spared a moment to put it all in perspective.

Maybe you’d rather not take a look into the figures, but have you ever considered the number of unreported rapes that occur on a daily basis and why they don’t get reported?
Of those reported, are you aware of how many reach court?
Of those that reach court, have you checked how many end up with convictions?

The figures are frightening.
Not for you of course. For you - in fact for us men - we are more concerned with being falsely accused. We focus on that and hold up all those cases of innocent men in jail for wrong convictions. But have you ever considered what YOU would do in the unfortunate situation in which you are raped by some despicable man? Would you immediately run to the police?
Would you tell your friends? You family? Your wife?

That makes it a little more real doesn’t it?
Men get raped too you know….and it’s increasing. Their levels of reporting to the police are even lower.

I really don’t think you want to look at the wider picture because the reality would be scary for any man who has a wife, sister, daughter or just a close female friend that goes about her business and finds herself in a vulnerable situation. :idea:

Maybe have a frank talk with any woman in your life who trusts you enough to share her experiences. Hopefully the worst that might have happened to her is a close shave. But even at that, she might not share her stories with you.
It’s a source of deep shame and that’s why we men go around totally oblivious to what the women in our lives have experienced, or are experiencing.

We’d rather not know.
But because you don’t know does not mean it is not happening, sometimes under your very nose.
Like we say in Nigeria, ‘shine your eye well.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cito wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:27 am
Molue Conductor wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:23 pm
Na Im girl o.
The bigger issue for this guy is the rape allegation. From the recording, she specifically asked him not to insert his penis in her and he said he will and apparently did.

He is screwed even if he pays her off to not testify.
I have now heard the recording, it's very bad, that guy is done and deserves it
That young lady and many more across the world have to suffer such traumatising things and it's a sickening situation.

Together with the recording, i saw what is said to be a statement from the young lady's father.
I think it would have been better for him not to say anyithing
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ok, dude is in hot potato water. Just heard the recording
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Greenwood is finished. United have removed all merchandise bearing his name and rumours abound, are offering replacement jerseys to those who etched Masongynist on the back of theirs. Doubt there’s any shred of innocence given the haste with which United have acted. Ghetto Superstar Greenwood will be able to earn his stripes in the jungle with Manchester’s most barbaric.
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Some these boys their head no correct! Amazing career - one that most of us envy, and then just like that it is gone - stupidity to the nth power imo.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:05 amWith all due respect - and thank God you escaped being caught up in a false accusation - your viewpoint is coloured by very personal and limited data.
Yes you talk about dubious women and their false claims but it does not seem you have spared a moment to put it all in perspective.

Maybe you’d rather not take a look into the figures, but have you ever considered the number of unreported rapes that occur on a daily basis and why they don’t get reported?
Of those reported, are you aware of how many reach court?
Of those that reach court, have you checked how many end up with convictions?

The figures are frightening.
Not for you of course. For you - in fact for us men - we are more concerned with being falsely accused. We focus on that and hold up all those cases of innocent men in jail for wrong convictions. But have you ever considered what YOU would do in the unfortunate situation in which you are raped by some despicable man? Would you immediately run to the police?
Would you tell your friends? You family? Your wife?

That makes it a little more real doesn’t it?
Men get raped too you know….and it’s increasing. Their levels of reporting to the police are even lower.

I really don’t think you want to look at the wider picture because the reality would be scary for any man who has a wife, sister, daughter or just a close female friend that goes about her business and finds herself in a vulnerable situation. :idea:

Maybe have a frank talk with any woman in your life who trusts you enough to share her experiences. Hopefully the worst that might have happened to her is a close shave. But even at that, she might not share her stories with you.
It’s a source of deep shame and that’s why we men go around totally oblivious to what the women in our lives have experienced, or are experiencing.

We’d rather not know.
But because you don’t know does not mean it is not happening, sometimes under your very nose.
Like we say in Nigeria, ‘shine your eye well.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:59 pmWe live in a time when it's dangerous to be a man
Goodness gracious me. This ranks high up there with one of the most ridiculous and nonsensical statements I have ever read on the internet. And believe me, that is no small feat.

A grown-#$% man with the benefit of centuries worth of hindsight, says, "We live in a time when it's dangerous to be a man". :shock: :shock: :roll:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Just curious, whatever happened to the situation
of the Icelandic alleged child molester @ EVERTON.

Yeah you Gylfi.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

theDunamis wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:07 pm
Comrade Machel wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:59 pmWe live in a time when it's dangerous to be a man
Goodness gracious me. This ranks high up there with one of the most ridiculous and nonsensical statements I have ever read on the internet. And believe me, that is no small feat.

A grown-#$% man with the benefit of centuries worth of hindsight, says, "We live in a time when it's dangerous to be a man". :shock: :shock: :roll:

Chief I doubt he is referencing just said incident.
It’s truly a dangerous time to be a man, successful or otherwise. Just a mere allegation could derail your career, earning potential and family.

I’ve seen colleagues who’ve turned down advances from females then get accused and had to engage legal help to save themselves. And even though they were eventually cleared, the damage made their tenure unsustainable.
Especially with the younger generation the issue of consent and making a move on a female is now very touchy so take what he is saying holistically and not pigeon holing it into a single story.

Athletes are regularly barraged with seminars and education on avoiding getting caught up with groupies and women who see them as easy marks but some remain stupid and ignorant
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:44 pmChief I doubt he is referencing just said incident.
It’s truly a dangerous time to be a man, successful or otherwise. Just a mere allegation could derail your career, earning potential and family.

I’ve seen colleagues who’ve turned down advances from females then get accused and had to engage legal help to save themselves. And even though they were eventually cleared, the damage made their tenure unsustainable.
Especially with the younger generation the issue of consent and making a move on a female is now very touchy so take what he is saying holistically and not pigeon holing it into a single story.

Athletes are regularly barraged with seminars and education on avoiding getting caught up with groupies and women who see them as easy marks but some remain stupid and ignorant
I actually took what he said holistically and found it exactly as I said -- ridiculous and nonsensical.

Damunk already wrote a good post above about how frightening the numbers are in the malaise we are dealing with in this thread, but I will add a bit more because this is a topic I am now, and unfortunately, more familiar with than my male privilege previously allowed me to be, and one that I am also very passionate about. Below is an excerpt from an article I wrote 4 years ago related to the topic:
The Aziz Ansari case of sexual assault allegations introduced questions and concerns about whether the nascent #MeToo Movement has now gone too far. “Has the movement now become weaponized against men?” “Has the pendulum swung too far?” “Has yada yada?” “Has blah blah?”

No, a thousand times NO, to these questions. To take an isolated controversial case or two among a tsunami of non-controversial and admitted ones and use these as the basis for such questions and concerns is myopic, misinformed and suggests an inability to take instructive lessons from history to end up on its right side.

Don’t get me wrong, these isolated cases should be thoroughly examined and dealt with fairly in all forums, including the court of public opinion. No fair-minded individual wants an innocent life or livelihood punished or destroyed unjustly, more so not at the altar of a quest centered on justness. However, dealing fairly with these handful of controversial cases can and should be done in support of the #MeToo movement and not at the expense of it. I will also state, for the avoidance of doubt, that the movement would only have started to go too far when a man can be wrongly accused by a woman of sexual assault, and he (trained by years of being raised in a dystopian society where powerful and dominant women in plum positions serially falsely accuse men and serially get away with it) forces himself to be silent and accept the realities of his society’s permissible injustices. When that happens (pro tip: do not hold your breath) I’ll join today’s premature referees to call an infringement on Team #MeToo.

In the real here and now though, I am solidly on the side of a movement that was centuries overdue. A movement that has left me shocked and a little embarrassed at what my male privilege shielded me from not only never having to deal with but not even seeing despite its extreme monstrosity. It puzzles and bothers me deeply that a society as well-oiled as the United States can still be ubiquitously enervated with primordial gender inequality issues that I expect to see so rampantly only in episodes of Game of Thrones. For what hope then is there for those societies still grappling with the basics – the out in the open, black and white issues – of gender inequality? What monsters, pray tell, lurk and prey in the concealed places of such societies?
So, note that I am coming at this topic from a holistic and big picture perspective. And that big picture today is ugly. As Damunk said...
I have had that talk with many women in my life with whom I have that trust relationship, and I have been saddened, frightened and ashamed at the depth of man's evil. I have thought back to my time in university in Nigeria and how men casually discussed date rapes and gang rapes (koukous or some such they called it) and laughed about it. I have dived into the atrocious number of women in prostitution whose trajectory began with sexual assaults by known and once trusted men in their adolescent lives. And on and on.

So, believe me, I am speaking holistically when I say it is the most ridiculous and nonsensical statement I have read for someone, anyone to say as regards this topic, that "it is a dangerous time to be a man". And it would be laughable if it were not so serious.

As I said in the article I excerpted above, we as a society should fight as hard for justice when we find cases of women making false accusations of sexual assaults. But that number pales in comparison to reported and real cases and even more so to unreported ones.

So no, it is not a dangerous time to be a man. That is a patently ridiculous and nonsensical statement. It will sound as ridiculous as someone saying at any time from the American civil rights era of the 60's up to today, that it is a dangerous time to be white in America because of false accusations of racism like Jussie Smollett's.

Ridiculous! Nonsensical! Period.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Sleaky72 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:44 pm
theDunamis wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:07 pm

Chief I doubt he is referencing just said incident.

Thank you chief
This sheet is ok till it happens to you. Believe me when British police get one such report they go to every woman you've been known to be with and plant ideas in their minds and if the woman is of the suggestible type she will fall for it and suddenly remember "an incident"

I am talking from experience. It happened to me and I say this relauctantly as I don't wanna discuss my private life. What saved me was my seniour side chick knew mutual people with the 2 girls who were tryjng to conjice against me and we presented what they were saying. I've got the police documents to prove this and can share with Cellular who I have a relationship outside of the forum

Never rush to judge
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:40 am

Thank you chief
This sheet is ok till it happens to you. Believe me when British police get one such report they go to every woman you've been known to be with and plant ideas in their minds and if the woman is of the suggestible type she will fall for it and suddenly remember "an incident"

I am talking from experience. It happened to me and I say this relauctantly as I don't wanna discuss my private life. What saved me was my seniour side chick knew mutual people with the 2 girls who were tryjng to conjice against me and we presented what they were saying. I've got the police documents to prove this and can share with Cellular who I have a relationship outside of the forum

Never rush to judge
Hopefully that experience has made you modify your behaviour
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Comrade Machel wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:40 am Thank you chief
Like I said to you earlier Comrade, your view is coloured by your personal experience.
What you have said highlighted is NOT the norm.
You were a near victim of a dubious claim and see how much it hurts?

Now imagine that there are probably hundreds of cases of actual rapes for every case like yours. And of those hundred case, maybe five, ten, fifteen get to court and even less get a conviction.
You speak of your personal experience. Unfortunate, but thank God you were freed.

But I can also speak from personal experience in which just about two years ago I examined a victim for her injuries from a rape (not the intimate examination which had already been done) but the horrific damage done to her body barely 8 hours after the alleged incident.

3 months later I was in court as an expert witness.
Guess what?
The accused had a hot shot lawyer who attempted to discredit me and everything I said by alluding to the fact that I qualified "in Africa" and questioned how big my medical school was. That's not to mention how she began faking difficulty in pronouncing my "African" surname.

Okay, so I handled all of that and the judge eventually shut down her line of questioning.
But the painful thing was that 2 days later I was informed by one of the investigating officers that the guy walked.
I was so shocked I had to sit down. Those injuries were horrendous.

That is the nature of rape cases at least in the UK and so for you to say that the police do what they do as you describe it is patently false. If anything they do not investigate the cases anywhere near as well as expected.
I work with the police and I see exactly how maybe four out of five cases go nowhere because rape is an extremely difficult case to prove and even to get to court in the first place is a nightmare.

Never rush to judge
Your case is a tiny fraction of what occurs in wider society. But to you, its real, personal and therefore makes you cynical about the whole process. I get that. Totally.

Bottom line though, is you are not a woman and therefore have no idea what is really going on out there.
Another personal story:
A family friend and junior colleague of mine (a doctor) not too long ago started work in the UK. We are talking just before the COVID lockdown. 2019/2020
Remote UK hospital.
Finds out there's another Nigerian junior doctor not long started in the same hospital.
They link up simply as friends and from time to time she invites him round to the flat she shares with her flatmate to eat some Naija food. Plays it safe and it is always when her flatmate is around.

Next thing, he comes round uninvited, finds her flatmate is away (we suspect he knew she was on leave) and after a while starts to grope and fondle her. Overpowers her but doesn't successfully rape.
She fights him off and reports to both the hospital and the police.
She calls me and others the same night in tears.

Almost 18 months later the police take their first statements from myself, my wife and others.
About 6 weeks after they say the case will not even make court because "the evidence was inconsistent".
The evidence they started taking 18 months after the incident! Why wont it be inconsistent?
They were asking me questions about the night she called to report and I am supposed to remember the fine details after all that while?

Our friend was devastated.
That is the nature of rape investigations in the UK.
Sorry to hear about your experience but there is a far bigger picture and every one of them is important. :idea:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

@ Damunk, i just found out recently that the courts in UK are over flowing.

That also answers the question i was raising on this thread about Mendy trial date.

So don't be too bothered, it's just a delay but the authorities are hard at work.
The day will come.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

benteke wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:17 am @ Damunk, i just found out recently that the courts in UK are over flowing.

That also answers the question i was raising on this thread about Mendy trial date.

So don't be too bothered, it's just a delay but the authorities are hard at work.
The day will come.
Yes there is def pressure on the system for all sorts of reasons but the specific issue of rape is extremely touchy - forgive the pun.
We are talking about 50% of the population that is extremely dissatisfied with outcomes of reported rapes.
I asked Comrade a question earlier.
It is a very hard one for men to answer.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Mendy is in big trouble

Benjamin Mendy raped women in locked ‘panic rooms’, jury told
Manchester City player and alleged ‘fixer’ accused of ‘callous indifference’ to 13 young women they allegedly attacked

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... are_btn_tw
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

benteke wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:33 pm Mendy is in big trouble

Benjamin Mendy raped women in locked ‘panic rooms’, jury told
Manchester City player and alleged ‘fixer’ accused of ‘callous indifference’ to 13 young women they allegedly attacked

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... are_btn_tw
I think he is going to go away for a longtime.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Disgustya.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.