Ajax Amsterdam and Cote d Ivoire striker

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ajax Amsterdam and Cote d Ivoire striker

Post by camex »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 56494.html
Ajax boss likens Sebastian Haller to Marco van Basten after record four-goal debut away to Sporting Lisbon
Ajax Amsterdam's Sebastien Haller celebrates scoring their fifth goal, and his fourth, against Sporting Lisbon in Portugal last night.
Mark Gleeson

September 16 2021 08:46 AM

It was only last month that Sebastien Haller was being jeered off the field but the towering Ajax forward proved his worth on Wednesday with four goals in their 5-1 Champions League win at Sporting Lisbon.

The gangly 27-year-old striker, who Ajax forgot to register for European competition last season, delivered a masterclass in finishing as the Dutch club got the perfect start to their Group C campaign.

"It's my best game ever. You only dream of this. You wait your whole life for these kinds of matches," Haller said.

"You should enjoy such matches, these are beautiful memories. I just had to score, not only for myself, but also for the team and the fans."

Last season, an administrative error saw Haller's name left off Ajax's registration list for the knockout stages of the Europa League and he was forced to sit on the sidelines while they advanced to the quarter-finals.

"You look forward to it even more," said Haller of finally getting his chance to play for Ajax in Europe.

The French-born Ivory Coast international is the second player in Champions League history to score four goals on debut but the first to do that in an away game.

Haller, who was Ajax's record signing when they paid €22.5million to West Ham United in January, had been jeered off the field last month when substituted in a 4-0 loss to PSV Eindhoven in the season-opening Johan Cruyff Shield.

"Four goals in the Champions League ... I think that is very exceptional. I remember (Marco) Van Basten doing it, and he is one of the biggest icons, and that indicates what a historic achievement this is.

"It also says something about the qualities that Haller has. Not only in the physicality that he brings, but also in the sense of his positioning and finishing. You also have to be mentally strong to be able to do this."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ajax Amsterdam and Cote d Ivoire striker

Post by maceo4 »

Watched him in the WCQ for CIV he seemed a good finisher.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:32 pm Watched him in the WCQ for CIV he seemed a good finisher.
I just saw the goals. He reminded me of Didier Drogba
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

The same Haller that could not hack it in West Ham - I am really happy for the bro ooo. two weeks ago Ajax fans were booing him ...

Thank God the coach had faith in him.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

A very good striker. I saw him vs. Cameroon and didn't know he play for Ajax! He remind me of Ibra when he played at Ajax Amsterdam!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dude aint that good. Ivorian players are massively overhyped.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.