Roberto Martinez

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Roberto Martinez

Post by danfo driver »

This fraud, like **** is going to waste Belgium's "golden generation." He has to be fooking someone in their FA to have gotten the job and he has to be a good fooker to have kept the job this long. Its criminal that this guy has this job or has a job at all.

I dont undertand football clubs and how uninformed they are about football and coaching. Tufia!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Roberto Martinez

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:35 pm This fraud, like **** is going to waste Belgium's "golden generation." He has to be fooking someone in their FA to have gotten the job and he has to be a good fooker to have kept the job this long. Its criminal that this guy has this job or has a job at all.

I dont undertand football clubs and how uninformed they are about football and coaching. Tufia!
Martinez is still living off his 2013 FA Cup win with Wigan. Meanwhile let’s forget that Wigan was relegated that season and he was fired two years later by Everton after nearly dragging them down to relegation level. This is the manager Belgium FA entrusted with generational talents and expect to win silverware. Madness.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:35 pm This fraud, like **** is going to waste Belgium's "golden generation." He has to be fooking someone in their FA to have gotten the job and he has to be a good fooker to have kept the job this long. Its criminal that this guy has this job or has a job at all.

Honestly oo. This is a team capable of winning the world in 2023 being limited by it's coach. Why he is still the coach beats me. I liken him to Southgate of England and out own Rohr.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

azuka wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:30 am

Honestly oo. This is a team capable of winning the world in 2023 being limited by it's coach. Why he is still the coach beats me. I liken him to Southgate of England and out own Rohr.

Yep. But only in 2023!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Both those guys are vastly superior to Rohr.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Southgate has achieved what ALL the World Class England coaches could not achieve!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 am

Southgate has achieved what ALL the World Class England coaches could not achieve!
Thats the conundrum! I dont rate him at all, but he has achieved quite a lot actually, but you always feel like they have falling short. So the issues are:

1. Will they achieve more without him?
2. Are they so overrated that he is actually over-achieving or achieving and people do not know that, until he is fired/leaves and we see who/what they are?

Quite interesting sha.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Barcelona want him
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

txj wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:30 pm

Yep. But only in 2023!
Yes because beyond 2023, the players will be on the downward spiral. So they only have 2023 to make hay. Unfortunately they might be able to under Martinez.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Both those guys are vastly superior to Rohr.
I just used that as an analogy of how Rohr will waste this group of players coming through for Nigeria if he is not sacked today.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

That's exactly what got Belgium into the situation they are today. Nothing in terms of trophy to show for the calibre of players coming off their production line. Same mentality will also cost England 5 or 10 years down the road if they persist with Gareth Southgate. They will only end up as "also rans" like the Belgians.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

azuka wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:24 pm

That's exactly what got Belgium into the situation they are today. Nothing in terms of trophy to show for the calibre of players coming off their production line. Same mentality will also cost England 5 or 10 years down the road if they persist with Gareth Southgate. They will only end up as "also rans" like the Belgians.
What did England achieved before Southgate? Are you saying they did not have good players then? England went for 'world class' coaches and won nothing. Southgate came and got them focused. WC SF followed by Euro Final! Give credit where due.

I cannot fault Southgate's result and I am not sure which coach would have done better with England. He has surpassed the achievements of previous coaches apart from the 1966 team!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Thats the conundrum! I dont rate him at all, but he has achieved quite a lot actually, but you always feel like they have falling short. So the issues are:

2. Are they so overrated that he is actually over-achieving or achieving and people do not know that, until he is fired/leaves and we see who/what they are?

Quite interesting sha.
Neither am I a fan of his. But his results shows that he is the 'best fit' for England considering the result of the highly rated coaches. From when he was with the youth team and now with the senior team he has showed that he can deliver result!

We saw what England was without him! Noisemakers nothing more.

Will they achieve more without him? Possibly. But the performance before him did not indicate that. And no one should say that he has 'better' players :taunt:
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Belgians, a bunch of talented men with no guts. Martinez is a great coach.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Aside from Courtois, Lukaku and De Bruyne, who in the Belgium team is top 10 currently in their position. Compare the quality to France. Italy and Spain.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:57 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Quite interesting sha.
Neither am I a fan of his. But his results shows that he is the 'best fit' for England considering the result of the highly rated coaches. From when he was with the youth team and now with the senior team he has showed that he can deliver result!

We saw what England was without him! Noisemakers nothing more.

Will they achieve more without him? Possibly. But the performance before him did not indicate that. And no one should say that he has 'better' players :taunt:
Very well put. It annoys me when I listen to English fans calling for Southgate's head after a poor result when in fact his body of work calls for continued support of him. I liken him to Stephen Keshi, who was constantly berated but still achieved as much as the foreign coaches had achieved prior to him. People just have unrealistic expectation of the England team.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!