Senegal qualify for the final round of African WCQs

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Senegal qualify for the final round of African WCQs

Post by YUJAM »

they are in after beating Namibia by 3 goals to 1 today
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Senegal qualify for the final round of African WCQs

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:16 pm they are in after beating Namibia by 3 goals to 1 today
Yet you said they would be had in another thread? Yujam, no disrespect but I thought you stopped smoking? Senegal are a sure thing to qualify for Qatar 2022! A very good no nonsense team!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:37 pm
YUJAM wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:16 pm they are in after beating Namibia by 3 goals to 1 today
Yet you said they would be had in another thread? Yujam, no disrespect but I thought you stopped smoking? Senegal are a sure thing to qualify for Qatar 2022! A very good no nonsense team!
Yes, there will be teams in the final round that can take them for sure
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:45 pm
Yes, there will be teams in the final round that can take them for sure
Yes, Algeria or Morocco but nobody else! And they wouldn't face Algeria or Morocco in round 3! All three will be seeded!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Solid team. Senegal and Algeria are the stand-out teams so far, but BF is giving Algeria a hard fight.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

There is no 100% "sure" qualifier in the competition. I think that's what Yujam means. It'll depend on the matchups after this round, but even a solid team like Senegal could come up against Ghana and struggle.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Add Morocco to that list
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Orion wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:45 pm
There is no 100% "sure" qualifier in the competition. I think that's what Yujam means. It'll depend on the matchups after this round, but even a solid team like Senegal could come up against Ghana and struggle.
OK, Let wait for the 3rd round draw! It will be fire!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

See all these teams smacking their minnows like the minnows they are and we are here struggling with the likes of Cape Verde and Motor CAR :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I dont want to make mouth because of that mumu coach of ours but i think we match up well vs Senegal. In short any W African country that makes it Thru to the 3rd round will give Senegal hell. Mali/Ghana/Bfaso/Cameroon.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:07 am

I dont want to make mouth because of that mumu coach of ours but i think we match up well vs Senegal. In short any W African country that makes it Thru to the 3rd round will give Senegal hell. Mali/Ghana/Bfaso/Cameroon.
I don’t know what it is about Nigeria but it seems our qualifying for major tournaments more often than not is a struggle and gives little indication as to how we will do in the actual tournament.
I’ve lost count of the number of times our resident analysts will manage their expectations by dissociation. “They will beat you. You are going nowhere” they will say.

Even our U17 teams have been beaten on the continent only to go on and win on the world stage.
Maybe we carry this ‘African giant’ thing around for too long only to struggle against African teams.
The fans definitely think like that. Maybe the players are making the same mistake.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "