FC Barcelona: Football thread

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: FC Barcelona: Football thread

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Barca registers 5 players . Kounde still pending.. nah future earnings them use
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:42 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 pm
txj wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:01 pm They will register the players....
so all the players will be ready for Saturday's kickoff vs Rayo ? so when are they selling Miralem Pjanić

I don't know when, but they will. Already Pique and Busi have accepted further salary cuts and a 4th lever has been activated.

And there are departures still pending...
How do you see the de Jong saga playing out from the following options?

1. He Stays: but refuses to half his salary AND reduce his deferred receivable to €6M ... Barca will be financially strapped even after pulling the 4th lever and will prevent them from registering all players... will Barca press criminal charges or is it a bluff?
2. He Stays: and gives into Barca's wage cut and deferred receivables reduction ... Best scenario for Barca which guarantees they register all players and hold onto FDJ.
3. He agrees to leave: Barca earns transfer revenue AND clears his wages AND deferred salary liability from their books ... best deal for Barca financially but they miss out on the services of a quality midfielder.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:07 pm If the EPL had a hard salary cap like La Liga, a club like Chelsea would be in trouble if Abramovich had asked for his money back...

These EPL fans and pundits I am starting to think are jealous of Barca...

They will register those players; a similar thing played out last season...
Sorry but this post is irrelevant and bias laced for many reasons. Let's concentrate on the facts surrounding Barca's struggles financially.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Barca may need to pull a 5th financial lever after today’s goal less draw.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:48 pm
txj wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:42 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:20 pm
txj wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:01 pm They will register the players....
so all the players will be ready for Saturday's kickoff vs Rayo ? so when are they selling Miralem Pjanić

I don't know when, but they will. Already Pique and Busi have accepted further salary cuts and a 4th lever has been activated.

And there are departures still pending...
How do you see the de Jong saga playing out from the following options?

1. He Stays: but refuses to half his salary AND reduce his deferred receivable to €6M ... Barca will be financially strapped even after pulling the 4th lever and will prevent them from registering all players... will Barca press criminal charges or is it a bluff?
2. He Stays: and gives into Barca's wage cut and deferred receivables reduction ... Best scenario for Barca which guarantees they register all players and hold onto FDJ.
3. He agrees to leave: Barca earns transfer revenue AND clears his wages AND deferred salary liability from their books ... best deal for Barca financially but they miss out on the services of a quality midfielder.

From a purely football perspective , the moment Pedri and Gavi emerged he was surplus to requirements.
Now the financial situation has muddled the issue badly.

Barca needs to pay him his deferred wages. You cannot have it both ways.

In the Barca structure under Xavi, quality MF or not, he doesn’t fit in.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:52 pm
txj wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:07 pm If the EPL had a hard salary cap like La Liga, a club like Chelsea would be in trouble if Abramovich had asked for his money back...

These EPL fans and pundits I am starting to think are jealous of Barca...

They will register those players; a similar thing played out last season...
Sorry but this post is irrelevant and bias laced for many reasons. Let's concentrate on the facts surrounding Barca's struggles financially.

There’s no getting around the fact that Barca was badly mismanaged and are cash strapped.

But my point is that the EPL pundits are crying louder than the owners of the corpse.

If the EPL had a hard salary cap like La Liga many teams in England would struggle.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:07 pm Barca may need to pull a 5th financial lever after today’s goal less draw.

Early days…

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

benteke wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:20 pm
cooked up numbers
SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Has Barcelona hijacked Chelsea in joining Europa League?

We go see!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Chelsea is heading their group and likely to qualify for the next round while barca is heading to Europa league no doubt about it. Are just waiting for the draw to know who their opponents will be.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Xavi Hernandez Barcelona head coach

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:16 pm Na wa o! I wonder why no one is updating this thread anymore. :D

Na wa o! so they left this thread to go into oblivion? Why now? :( :( :( :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Xavi Hernandez Barcelona head coach

Post by benteke »

benteke wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:01 am Barcelona is meant to be broke and struggling with wages, so where is this money to buy players coming from
So far €60m for Raphina and now Lewadonski for around €50million

More importantly what kind of team is Xavi building at Barcelona

I asked that during transfer window, the transfers looked a bit haphazard to me.

I still wonder
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Europa is beckoning.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they are waiting for assanla
SuperEagles

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

They needed a 6th lever survive the first round.

Anyway, good luck against Arsenal. Hopefully Athletico Madrid will qualify for Europa as well. It should be sweet.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

see them, beating their Chest with spotify.. Kunde and Raphina will enjoy Europa
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hmm.. The threat updaters don run. I wonder If Barca will "pounce" in Europa sha :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:13 pm They needed a 6th lever survive the first round.

Anyway, good luck against Arsenal. Hopefully Athletico Madrid will qualify for Europa as well. It should be sweet.

The CL was always a bonus for Barca this season.

The priority is La Liga. They believe, from the way the last season ended that Madrid is vulnerable.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:42 pm Hmm.. The threat updaters don run. I wonder If Barca will "pounce" in Europa sha :lol:
Barcelona topping La Liga table.
Just watched their game vs Osasuna they won with a man down.

But not yet a very cohesive well oiled machine, they still have a lot of work to do, very vulnerable defensively
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:49 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:42 pm Hmm.. The threat updaters don run. I wonder If Barca will "pounce" in Europa sha :lol:

But not yet a very cohesive well oiled machine, they still have a lot of work to do, very vulnerable defensively

The prior international window pulled the rug from under them with injuries to Jules and Araujo.
I expect the team to grow stronger as the season progresses in la liga.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:49 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Yes!!! They have won the league!! Yesss!!!! Barca have POUNCED! :thumbs: :thumbs: