Ghana vs South Africa

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Ghana vs South Africa

Post by theDunamis »

Is it just me or has African football regressed quite steeply? Watching this game in which both teams have everything to play for and the quality has been average in the best moments and pathetic in large swaths.

And ironically or perhaps consequentially, this is also the time when many more African teams have a lot more foreign-based players. I wonder if we have lost our identity and uniqueness in the process.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

FT. Ghana wins and rejoices like they’ve qualified for the WC.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

If Ghana can can get players like Salisu in central defense they may stand a chance in the next round. But the truth is I’d rather have them in the next round to challenge N African sides such as Algeria and Morocco.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

theDunamis wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:56 pm Is it just me or has African football regressed quite steeply? Watching this game in which both teams have everything to play for and the quality has been average in the best moments and pathetic in large swaths.

And ironically or perhaps consequentially, this is also the time when many more African teams have a lot more foreign-based players. I wonder if we have lost our identity and uniqueness in the process.
I see your point but hard to properly assess given the poor surfaces they play on in Africa.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

green4life wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:59 pmI see your point but hard to properly assess given the poor surfaces they play on in Africa.
That is certainly one factor but I think even after one accounts for that, there is still a notable decline in quality and identity.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kai Yujam gets it wrong again.. SA that cannot qualify for AFCON... a controversial win vs ghana in the first leg was a huge fluke ..smh SA aren't good enough..with all the money and facilities they fall short again.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If ghana gets one of those North African teams, be it Morroco, Algeria , Egypt or Tunisia.. they will advance, if they get pathetic SE , CIV/Cameroon , Senegal etc.. nah 50-50 be that . They have that their defensive coach ... PTB and counter ..however there is no Baby jet this time
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 pm If ghana gets one of those North African teams, be it Morroco, Algeria , Egypt or Tunisia.. they will advance, if they get pathetic SE , CIV/Cameroon , Senegal etc.. nah 50-50 be that . They have that their defensive coach ... PTB and counter ..however there is no Baby jet this time
Ghana stands no chance against any of the North African team bro, I don't think any West African team wants to face any of Algeria or Morocco right now...
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Don’t overestimate the Algerians and Moroccans. They can be had.

They are good but have faced some pretty weak and disorganized teams.

I dunno if you watched Egypt lately but they aren’t great in my view. Tunisia are also there for the taking.

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 pm If ghana gets one of those North African teams, be it Morroco, Algeria , Egypt or Tunisia.. they will advance, if they get pathetic SE , CIV/Cameroon , Senegal etc.. nah 50-50 be that . They have that their defensive coach ... PTB and counter ..however there is no Baby jet this time
Ghana stands no chance against any of the North African team bro, I don't think any West African team wants to face any of Algeria or Morocco right now...
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The South Africans need to lodge a complaint to FIFA. That was no pk in a million years. Daylight robbery.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ghana is rubbish. They wont get past any North African team. The refs will not dash them PKs like they normally do. I think the SAs will protest this BS game. I hope they do.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ghana vs. Nigeria/Cape Verde???????????????????????????????? we are in deep trouble!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:58 pm If Ghana can can get players like Salisu in central defense they may stand a chance in the next round. But the truth is I’d rather have them in the next round to challenge N African sides such as Algeria and Morocco.
I agree 1000%. South Africa are flaky as hell. My apologies to Tunisians but I am not looking forward to seeing them at the next WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:10 am Ghana vs. Nigeria/Cape Verde???????????????????????????????? we are in deep trouble!
I am more scared of **** than i am most of these African teams

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:11 am
YUJAM wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:58 pm If Ghana can can get players like Salisu in central defense they may stand a chance in the next round. But the truth is I’d rather have them in the next round to challenge N African sides such as Algeria and Morocco.
I agree 1000%. South Africa are flaky as hell. My apologies to Tunisians but I am not looking forward to seeing them at the next WC.
I think Zambia will jump them in Tunis.

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:13 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:11 am
I think Zambia will jump them in Tunis.
I vehemently pray that happens.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EQ will be playing Mauritania and they could end up winning the group
SuperEagles

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:06 pm Don’t overestimate the Algerians and Moroccans. They can be had.

They are good but have faced some pretty weak and disorganized teams.

I dunno if you watched Egypt lately but they aren’t great in my view. Tunisia are also there for the taking.

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:42 pm
Apart from Senegal they beat at the last AFCON, name one team that they could be had by? Algeria and Morocco have recruited heavily European born players that have put them above the rest in Africa!
Last edited by Undertaker on Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Whichever ref awarded that PK needs to be tried criminally!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:57 pm Whichever ref awarded that PK needs to be tried criminally!
It was a joke! The Amartey should be ashamed of his bench warming self for that flop!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:55 pm On the basis of how they’ve played today, I don’t see this Ghana team making the WC. Too many second rate Euro players and the likes of Baba Rahman and Jordan Ayew whose play has drastically regressed over the years.
It is based on match-up...

They might match up better against some teams.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

It is quite possible that neither Algeria nor Tunisia will qualify for the next round❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:17 am
It is quite possible that neither Algeria nor Tunisia will qualify for the next round❗️

Cheers.
Cracking games today for sure
SuperEagles