Canada vs Mexico…

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Canada vs Mexico…

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Mexico is having her arse handed to her by Canada; down 0 - 2❗️

Cheers.
gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: Canada vs Mexico…

Post by gosh »

Canada is a credible team. Their current team is the first I have been sold on.
They have good organization, composure, stamina, scoring ability, and all other characteristics that will make them a successful side if they qualify for Qatar '22. They also appear to have a good management team.
I have been impressed with their performance since the Gold Cup this year.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Canada is the best team in the subregion
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they took the match to a frozen tundra with snow hipped on the sidelines.
Mexico has now lost 2 qualifying matches, though looks like they will still go to Qatar.
They just swapped positions on the table with Canada.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

gosh wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:05 am Canada is a credible team. Their current team is the first I have been sold on.
They have good organization, composure, stamina, scoring ability, and all other characteristics that will make them a successful side if they qualify for Qatar '22. They also appear to have a good management team.
Abeg this team is too ordinary. With all the noise about this team I decided to watch it for the first time yesterday. It's so rudimentary. Yeah they beat an already down-the-mill, weather-beaten, frozen-pitch beaten Mexican team, but i hardly see this team qualifying. And if it does qualify it will be well beaten.
Take away the goalie, they guy that plays for Bayern and the striker, all you have is a basic team. I wonder how that could be the best 20 players in Canada having been to a many youth games.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:55 am Canada is the best team in the subregion
no way, no how.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They have a few other really good players. Top class in my view. Buchanan and David are big time players. Their strength is they are structurally sound. Don’t underestimate them.

azuka wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:48 pm
gosh wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:05 am Canada is a credible team. Their current team is the first I have been sold on.
Abeg this team is too ordinary. With all the noise about this team I decided to watch it for the first time yesterday. It's so rudimentary. Yeah they beat an already down-the-mill, weather-beaten, frozen-pitch beaten Mexican team, but i hardly see this team qualifying. And if it does qualify it will be well beaten.
Take away the goalie, they guy that plays for Bayern and the striker, all you have is a basic team. I wonder how that could be the best 20 players in Canada having been to a many youth games.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:07 pm They have a few other really good players. Top class in my view. Buchanan and David are big time players. Their strength is they are structurally sound. Don’t underestimate them.

Is the team punching above its weight? Yes so it seems. The team might be structurally sound tactically naive. How much the frozen Edmonton weather and pitch helped against Mexico we will know when they visit Mexico.
Maybe I was expecting too much from an average team. If the team qualify even the least African team that qualifies for Qatar 2022 will take this Canadian team to the cleaners.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief Azuka
They already played in Mexico. Tge score was 1 all. Same score vs the USA away.

azuka wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:52 pm
YUJAM wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:07 pm They have a few other really good players. Top class in my view. Buchanan and David are big time players. Their strength is they are structurally sound. Don’t underestimate them.

Is the team punching above its weight? Yes so it seems. The team might be structurally sound tactically naive. How much the frozen Edmonton weather and pitch helped against Mexico we will know when they visit Mexico.
Maybe I was expecting too much from an average team. If the team qualify even the least African team that qualifies for Qatar 2022 will take this Canadian team to the cleaners.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

They are legit team, barring our usual organizational dysfunction, we will easily spanked the three top team in North America if we qualify
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

furiously frank wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:21 am They are legit team, barring our usual organizational dysfunction, we will easily spanked the three top team in North America if we qualify
...we have never been grouped with a concacaf side in the world cup.
So we will never know, unless Nigeria makes it pass 2nd stage and hope a concacaf is still alive at the 3rd stage.
It has always been with Europe and South America side.