A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Post Reply
User avatar
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 10717
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:09 pm
A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by bushboy »

18yr old Felix Afena-Gyan scored a nice brace for Roma yesterday. Apparently, he was just signed as a youth player from a Ghanaian academy in January, and has already made it to the Roma first team!
If he becomes nearly as good as the previous Gyan, then Ghana have a quality striker on their hands for many, many years.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1. Odion Ighalo 2. Anthony Ujah 3. Isaac Success 4. Nathan Oduwa 5. David Okereke 6. Terem Moffi
Who will be next?
aykwes8
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by aykwes8 »

His story is special indeed. He was not signed from an academy, however. He was actually still in secondary school just last year. He was scouted during an inter school competition in Techiman. He was taken from secondary school in techiman, Ghana and straight to the Roma youth team just last year.
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 24050
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Atumfuo!! Kwasia! :woot:

:lol: :lol:


This space for rent, all forms of crypto accepted.

User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 41765
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by maceo4 »

That boy is from Ghana? Kai those his two goals were something else. Might just save Mourinhos arse…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
User avatar
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25755
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Location: your girls place
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by bret- hart »

Thats why i like coaches like Mourinho. Always give the youngins a chance. I hope the incoming coach will give a young blood like Amoo a chance in the AFCON team. We need fearless players him not old tired legs like Musa and Simon.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!
User avatar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16076
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Here
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by Kabalega »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 am Thats why i like coaches like Mourinho. Always give the youngins a chance. I hope the incoming coach will give a young blood like Amoo a chance in the AFCON team. We need fearless players him not old tired legs like Musa and Simon.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
In the end, however, the wisdom of preparing for the worst has its limits when — all things considered — it keeps us from doing what’s best.
Kwame Anthony Appiah a real philosopher at N.Y.U, not a pretender...
User avatar
benteke
Egg
Egg
Posts: 8486
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by benteke »

Kabalega wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 am
bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 am Thats why i like coaches like Mourinho. Always give the youngins a chance. I hope the incoming coach will give a young blood like Amoo a chance in the AFCON team. We need fearless players him not old tired legs like Musa and Simon.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why are you laughing
User avatar
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Posts: 7717
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:56 pm
Location: Hidden with Christ Jesus
Contact:
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by theDunamis »



Both goals were brilliant; but goodness me, that second goal was incredibly outrageous. Wow!!
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
User avatar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16076
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Here
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by Kabalega »

benteke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:30 am
Kabalega wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 am
bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 am Thats why i like coaches like Mourinho. Always give the youngins a chance. I hope the incoming coach will give a young blood like Amoo a chance in the AFCON team. We need fearless players him not old tired legs like Musa and Simon.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why are you laughing
I assumed he was referring to "The Special One?"
If so, KDB, Mo Salah, 20 year old Lukaku, e.t.c... are :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, it depends on the meaning of "chance."
In the end, however, the wisdom of preparing for the worst has its limits when — all things considered — it keeps us from doing what’s best.
Kwame Anthony Appiah a real philosopher at N.Y.U, not a pretender...
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18698
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:41 pm
benteke wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:30 am
Kabalega wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:27 am
bret- hart wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:24 am Thats why i like coaches like Mourinho. Always give the youngins a chance. I hope the incoming coach will give a young blood like Amoo a chance in the AFCON team. We need fearless players him not old tired legs like Musa and Simon.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Why are you laughing
I assumed he was referring to "The Special One?"
If so, KDB, Mo Salah, 20 year old Lukaku, e.t.c... are :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Anyway, it depends on the meaning of "chance."
Who else? You dont want to name more? Only KDB, Salah and Lukaku? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: me e pepper you well well...

Another one:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16076
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Here
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by Kabalega »

@danfo driver, what would you do if you didn't have the funds to buy players anymore?
Ask Barca.
In the end, however, the wisdom of preparing for the worst has its limits when — all things considered — it keeps us from doing what’s best.
Kwame Anthony Appiah a real philosopher at N.Y.U, not a pretender...
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18698
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:12 am @danfo driver, what would you do if you didn't have the funds to buy players anymore?
Ask Barca.
Please name more abeg, then we can continue talking about Barca.... KDB, Salah, Lukaku.. ehen???!! you are blanking? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: talk about regurgitating and weak intellectualism. :oops:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18698
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by danfo driver »

He should have gone to KDB's, Salah's and Lukaku's school. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18698
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18698
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by danfo driver »

hmmm. .. I wonder why he didnt go to watch KDB, Salah and Lukaku in the youth team games. O ma se o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16076
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Here
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by Kabalega »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:48 pm hmmm. .. I wonder why he didnt go to watch KDB, Salah and Lukaku in the youth team games. O ma se o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Because his bosses didn't force him to go? :taunt: :lol:
In the end, however, the wisdom of preparing for the worst has its limits when — all things considered — it keeps us from doing what’s best.
Kwame Anthony Appiah a real philosopher at N.Y.U, not a pretender...
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18698
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:02 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:48 pm hmmm. .. I wonder why he didnt go to watch KDB, Salah and Lukaku in the youth team games. O ma se o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Because his bosses didn't force him to go? :taunt: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: awww... wipe your tears honey. It hurts, I know. :lol: :lol:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16076
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Here
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by Kabalega »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:29 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:02 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:48 pm hmmm. .. I wonder why he didnt go to watch KDB, Salah and Lukaku in the youth team games. O ma se o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Because his bosses didn't force him to go? :taunt: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: awww... wipe your tears honey. It hurts, I know. :lol: :lol:
It sure hurts not to have a cheque book at Roma. :D
In the end, however, the wisdom of preparing for the worst has its limits when — all things considered — it keeps us from doing what’s best.
Kwame Anthony Appiah a real philosopher at N.Y.U, not a pretender...
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18698
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:08 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:29 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:02 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:48 pm hmmm. .. I wonder why he didnt go to watch KDB, Salah and Lukaku in the youth team games. O ma se o!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Because his bosses didn't force him to go? :taunt: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: awww... wipe your tears honey. It hurts, I know. :lol: :lol:
It sure hurts not to have a cheque book at Roma. :D
I know you are ill-informed. But let me educate you :D

Roma is the wealthiest team in Italy.

Roma has one of the richest owners and spent the most out of any Italian team last summer.

Roma has agreed to outspend everyone again in January.

And guess what Mourinho is the highest paid coach in Italy and when he is fired, he will cash out again!

this must truly devastate your wretched soul! considering your poverty stricken Ugandan life is working 3 jobs. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16026
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Re: A new Gyan rises in Ghana...

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:46 pm And guess what Mourinho is the highest paid coach in Italy and when he is fired, he will cash out again!
Why do you care how much the white man is paid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical slave mentality - trying to look into your massa's pockets. Shooo!! :rotf: :rotf:

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2021
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Post Reply