Klopp - AFCON is "some little tournament in Africa"

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Klopp - AFCON is "some little tournament in Africa"

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:41 pm
kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:34 pm this reactions here are funny.
yes, one would need to look no further to see why the negro was colonized and enslaved for so long.

happy thanksgiving my maga brother.

My brother, na so we see am. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Comprehension must be at a cap of 50% on this forum :scared:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sunset wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:50 pm Comprehension must be at a cap of 50% on this forum :scared:
Honestly, it's probably much lower than that. But it's we have further confirmation of who the dummies are on this forum. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:04 am And where is that? In the plantation? :rotf: :rotf:

You are truly a vile human being! Look at how you took sides with the master against your own! Tufia!
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:31 am Another guy that doesn't understand context. Klopp put him in his place.

this video exposes the bobo some more. dude is still digging.. big ups to the journo who exposed him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:41 pm
kalani JR wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:34 pm this reactions here are funny.
yes, one would need to look no further to see why the negro was colonized and enslaved for so long.

happy thanksgiving my maga brother.
look at you celebrating the colonizer holiday.

people are going to defend or attack what they want to, without consideration of how things may have been perceived or whatever.

happy thanksgiving good luck against Buffalo tonight.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we know the UK CEs are bonafide massa's house boys .. they've been so bamboozled, that they cannot identify hidden racial comments because for them eyes , they only want and believe the WOWO ways ... i am sure they would have attacked Mr Willams for standing up against hidden racial connotations as well

SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
OJI
Egg
Egg
Nigerian journalist query LIVERPOOL boss for calling AFCON small tournament.

Post by OJI »

kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:51 pm Image
My broda, those who don't get it by now will never, no matter how hard you explain. :D
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian journalist query LIVERPOOL boss for calling AFCON small tournament.

Post by waka-man »

The journalist doesn’t understand irony.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Once you come out a 2nd time to try to explain your comments to the media , then you know you've messed up
.All klopp needs to do is apologize instead of digging. Everyone knows the epl mangers etc cry always when it comes to afcon... the fact he made those comments and claim he was taken out of context is the koko of the matter.. dude should be glad he made such a comment in the UK.... nah damage control bobo for dey on . This is unconcious bias ..
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Nigerian journalist query LIVERPOOL boss for calling AFCON small tournament.

Post by Cellular »

OJI wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:07 pm
Thank you OJB sports.

Next time, whether in jest or if he means it, he should be a bit more careful with his words.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:52 pm
Thank you OJB sports.

Next time, whether in jest or if he means it, he should be a bit more careful with his words.
:clap:

Exactly, someone in Klopp's position should understand this. I applaud the journalist for putting him on the spot. Klopp must regret it and it shows. Someone in his position should have known better.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Is that a complement to those 2? :D

I don’t condone racism or bringing down a race but there was nothing in that remark from the first presser that’s in any where near a talk own or racist. He was being ironic by pointing out the err of the questioner in disregarding AFCON.

Kai, this is sad on so many levels. There are a whole lot of things out there to get offended over but this is not one of them. If one is to be offended, be offended with Ojoro Babantunde for exhibiting such high level ignorance and proudly wearing it as a badge of honor.
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:20 pm TonyTheTimidCoward, not many things will make me happier than insulting you to your face although you won't even recognise when I'm insulting you.

You're not the best at talking nonsense here - Bigpokey and Emir are better.

Cheers.
Last edited by Cito on Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

You guys need to see the interview. It wasn’t jest, it was irony. He was actually making the point that it is a big deal. If you watched it, you would understand. It was like the phrase “there’s only the small matter of x y z”.

I’m all for holding people to account, but we water down the point and come across as shrill when it doesn’t chime with reality.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:01 pm
Thank you OJB sports.

:clap:

Exactly, someone in Klopp's position should understand this. I applaud the journalist for putting him on the spot. Klopp must regret it and it shows. Someone in his position should have known better.
There's nothing wrong with what he said which is why he didn't apologise. The problem is too many natives don't really understand the nuances of the English language. The journalist came across as a *little* foolish.

PS: When I say a little, I mean a lot.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm You guys need to see the interview. It wasn’t jest, it was irony. He was actually making the point that it is a big deal. If you watched it, you would understand. It was like the phrase “there’s only the small matter of x y z”.

I’m all for holding people to account, but we water down the point and come across as shrill when it doesn’t chime with reality.
“Mr Babatunde” is a bit of an embarrassment.
And the even worse thing is that he doesn’t even know that he doesn’t know. :cry:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You are *a little* late to the party :D
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=306434
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Thank you OJB sports.

Chief, it wasn’t in jest….unless you classify irony as “jest”, which would be a mistake.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We need to chill out with this woke nonsense and over sensitivity. I acyuallybthinknits an insult to klopp's intelligence.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 pm You guys need to see the interview. It wasn’t jest, it was irony. He was actually making the point that it is a big deal. If you watched it, you would understand. It was like the phrase “there’s only the small matter of x y z”.

kpom.

we look insecure when we just jump on this kind of thing.

Plus not understanding irony doesn't exactly make you look smart.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:52 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:22 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:34 am Klopp has spoken highly about AFCON.

You've likely misunderstood the context around his use of the word "little".

… and there it is. There has to be at least one native running interference for massa. Never fails❗️

Cheers.
I have a track record on this forum on this forum for calling out racism and incidents where non-Africans insult or disparage Africans or African institutions.

You, on the other hand, have a track record of stupidly and banality. On the rare occasions I've found myself agreeing with your posts I will immediately take the opposite position just to distance myself from you.
The only record you have on this forum is hiding behind your facelesness to be insulting and abusive. You are an unrepentant coward. I hope that one day, you and I will meet face to face and we’ll see if you have the guts to be as verbally abusive as you are on a faceless forum❗️

Cheers.
mehn i would love to watch this fight, man go tanda for corner with one massive turkey , watching two grown men panting and throwing air punches left and right with no sense of aiming coordination :biggrin:
Who the f—- says there’s going to be a fight? I will have my posse hold him down while I flog the living daylights out of him🕵🏿‍♀️🤐😃❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rest assured he will never never ever attempt that again. Bet in it. Message sent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics